Not open for further replies.

whitespirits

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hello so really exciting news about the new RMMZ and well I was wondering if you guys think a built in multiplayer MMO feature could be on the horizon?

zakthepower

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I doubt it, but it's an interesting idea. I've seen an MV plugin try this, although it's more of an MORPG system. It's ambitious for sure.

Last edited:

xabileug

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
somebody should import tomoaky's mmo_style in VX (Ragnarok Online) and in ACE (FF XII)

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think except turn base and single player will get build in
as a company view...
there no point to upgrade anything if it still sale
or just make another product to expand the sale market
like they do with pixel maker mv
in the future maybe MMO Mv is coming out
or Mobile Mv

and for plugin builder...
well... that will took years to come up

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Frankly whether we think there will be or not is utterly irrelevant. Given where it is in the development cycle, it either already has or it's not going to get it. Spending time wondering about it is not going to make the slightest difference.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think so.
low number or local multiplayer might be a possibility, although a rather unlikely one in my opinion.
massively multiplayer online requires servers, and that is too far outside the RM's classical target group.

If there were anything like MMO they would probably use a different name for the engine to prevent confusions.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was initially going to merge this with the already existing thread, but since there are this many replies already, and they will be sorted in time order with the others, I feel it will be too confusing. So, I'm simply closing this one and directing any more discussion on this to happen in the official discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I sometime envy the people that haven't played Skyrim yet. I feel like I could trade the whole world to be able to make my first pilgrimage to High Hrothgar all over again
Come join us while we play Pocket Mirror by Astral Shift! :LZSjoy: Starting at 2PM ET today!
Tried changing profile icon but...It just felt weird, you know? Who would even want to talk to me if I didn't have this fat yellow rodent thing....Or whatever it is as a mascot....No one, that's who! I am nothing without it. NOTHING!!..
I am having such a good hair day but because it's thunderstorms all day I don't go out and as such nobody will see my hair >.< It's not often my hair cooperates!
Pretty much stopped posting in the progress thread cuz it feels like talking to the void, lol, so I've just been posting on IG instead. But someone finally liked my post there, lol. Dunno if I'll continue tho. Probably not xD

My game's progressing quite well. Just kinda stuck on mapping right now. Decided to go the side, slightly top down view route. I'm drawing everything from scratch for a personal touch uwu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aki42