[RPG Maker MZ] I can't seem to reposition my frontview enemy right.

Fasoldgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Hi there,

I'm using the frontview battle system in RPG Maker MZ, with a custom resolution of 1920 by 1200.

I would like to use rather large enemy images for the frontview enemies, but I can't find any option to reposition them properly.

As they are fairly large, they just extend beyond the topmost screen border.

Is there a way to reposition frontview enemies? I know it can be done in the Troop section, but that does not allow the battler to be positioned as low as needed on the screen.

As you can see in the image below, the enemy should be lower on the screen, now, it's head is missing!

Thanks!

Image.jpg

GmOcean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My first question is, can you lower the positioning of the enemy in the image itself? Like is there any room below their feet in the image where you could lower it down in a photo editing program? Because MZ and other engines take the full image in regards to placement. Even if there's a lot of transparent space.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@GmOcean this has nothing to do with the image size, even if its 250 height and 50 width.
most enemies are placed in the middle or adjusted in the screen where the enemies
are made to position them.

@Fasoldgames is the image placed correctly in the enemy troop and different in playtest?
if that is the case, we can look further to cause,

does the same thing happen with smaller enemies?

Fasoldgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
@GmOcean this has nothing to do with the image size, even if its 250 height and 50 width.
most enemies are placed in the middle or adjusted in the screen where the enemies
are made to position them.

@Fasoldgames is the image placed correctly in the enemy troop and different in playtest?
if that is the case, we can look further to cause,

does the same thing happen with smaller enemies?

Thanks for the reply guys!

I've tried to increase the canvas size and have empty space above the image, but that doesn't really work. Smaller enemies do work, but once the enemy reaches a certain height, it sticks out into the great beyond.

The image is correctly placed in the troop, I cannot drag it any lower in the troop menu.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
if it's correctly, than it's either

a) something with positioning the enemy correctly in the database,
b) a plugin needed to reposition the enemy correctly in playtest somehow.

I cannot really do much though.

Fasoldgames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
I thought I might need a plugin. Thanks for your effort though :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Stolen Item ---

M.Figher: I want to sell this Stone
Fence: Then...i can buy you 1500G
M.Figher: It's Deal!
(3 Days Later)
F.Fighter: M.Figher,Do you know about Stone that Mayor keep it in his Office? It's missing
M.Figher: Ahh,is that so... (Actually,i Stole it and Sell it to the Fence a few Days ago)
I've spent some cash on foley and other sound effects. I wonder sometimes if I made a poor choice, but I remember that I really want to improve the sound of my games. n...n; My frugalness haunts me sometimes.
elex 50s face.png

Experimenting with an old 50's style face set. I have done about a dozen variations of face sets for my characters, but am never happy with the results for very long. Different attempts. Second one is the same character as the first image. The third is Ivan, another character entirely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zuyuliena