The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I seemed to have fixed my blurry battlers in the editor by reducing my DPI to 100% (small according to my laptop). It was originally set to 125%, which was the recommended setting. No idea why the program was ignoring the do not scale thingy.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They look fine to me. Maybe you have DPI settings that's zooming them in?
View attachment 155990
Yeah I tried to adjust that and that did fix the window size issue but the character and SV battler sprites are still all wonky. Not sure why it would affect just those and not the Facesets displays?

If anyone can figure it out please let me know, :(

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was scared stiff that it might crash the second I tried using it on my Windows 7 computer, but I've been poking around with the trial for about 20 minutes now, and so far, so good! It's not entirely stable (ran into a couple unexpected waits of <1 second), but no crashes so far after setting up a basic map with a basic event, installing one of the default plugins, and running a test play with the Time Progress combat system. :)

Soap4

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here are a couple screenshots of what I get on a 4K display with Windows 10's text scaling set to 150%. Images as links because they're too big to attach.

4k-default.png is without any changes made to the shortcut, .manifest files added, or other extra stuff done to change how the program launches.

4k-systemenhanced.png is with the shortcut changed to override high DPI scaling behavior, using "System (Enhanced)".

The former has perfectly crisp text, and more jagged graphics (probably a nearest neighbor upscale).

The latter has slightly blurry text, and more blurry graphics (probably a bilinear upscale).

Neither is perfect. They're both "good enough" in my book, but I can't speak for everyone. I think that's kinda just the price you pay when it comes to scaling by a non-integer value.

Last edited:

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was expected the RPG maker website would change to match the design aspect of the Japanese site

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I seemed to have fixed my blurry battlers in the editor by reducing my DPI to 100% (small according to my laptop). It was originally set to 125%, which was the recommended setting. No idea why the program was ignoring the do not scale thingy.
Yeah that fixed it for me too. Thanks for the heads up!

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congrats to the RPG Maker team! :)

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I was expected the RPG maker website would change to match the design aspect of the Japanese site
This site has changed it's style a number of times since 2012, so I'm kind of glad they didn't.

There's also a lot of hassle with minor bug feedback each time they update the site, so it's not good to lump that on top of the issues people had with the store and the engine itself today.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think one of my favorite section of the MZ code API is the fact that now use Point instead of just two coordinate.

It was using it kinda? but you couldn't really do :
Code:
        this._bustSprite = new Sprite();
        this._bustSprite.bitmap = ImageManager.loadBust(actor)
        this._bustSprite.origin = new Point(0.5,1);

so being able to just assign a new point instead of :
this._bustSprite.origin.x = blahb
is kinda fun....I think you still kinda do it like that? but now u can just assign a new Point on the spot lol

Still wish that for X and Y they would use Point as well tho.

EDIT : wait a minute I was looking at the wrong code oh no sprite still use anchor but now u have a 'set' function thank god lol

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh my god the WEBSITE. It's gorgeous! It's convenient! It's- wow, the old RPG Makers are on sale again? I didn't notice. I got RMMXP during the summer sale so my collection is complete, but yum.

Just finished making sample projects for MV Trinity so I can copy-paste whenever I want them. SOOOOO MANYYYYYY why is this pack so huge. Steampunk, dark fantasy, arabian desert, china, sengoku japan, AND urban city (distinct from the SF tiles only in that there's more Normal City Stuff like the subway train).

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just finished making sample projects for MV Trinity so I can copy-paste whenever I want them.

Dude if you did all the passability please share with me.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Congrats to everyone involved in the launch. I'm excited to jump in. It was a bit awkward getting to the download, but I'm sure that'll be ironed out soon enough. Happy RPG Making to everyone else, and may your new endeavors be fruitful and bugless..!

MattNJ89

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am glad that the RPG Maker team had released RPG Maker MZ! I wish you all good luck in your new RPG Maker MZ game endeavors!

Shikamon

The Dragonslayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was scared stiff that it might crash the second I tried using it on my Windows 7 computer, but I've been poking around with the trial for about 20 minutes now, and so far, so good! It's not entirely stable (ran into a couple unexpected waits of <1 second), but no crashes so far after setting up a basic map with a basic event, installing one of the default plugins, and running a test play with the Time Progress combat system.

wait, it's work on windows 7 ?

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm extremely angry right now.
I don't want this software.. and i want my money back.

Last edited:

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh yes baby! I finally got the $120 USD bundle up in me. Feels good man. I just cracked open this bad boy and sliding up in them guts now.

Congrats to the developers, the teams, @Touchfuzzy for his hard work and sleepless nights, and thank all of you fans of the series for trudging along and speculating with the rest of us on what was going to happen. I hope it works for everyone and everyone has as much fun as I know I'm going to have with it.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so the million dollar question...

Can someone tell me intended way to port a project from MV to MZ?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, so the million dollar question...

Can someone tell me intended way to port a project from MV to MZ?

It seems like you just copy your files across. Help file (F1) search for "convert" has instructions there of what should and should not be copied.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Have you ever had the problem of not knowing how to name your game?
I tried to draw it to keep the aspect ratio of 48*48
It doesn't look good, but I'm not sure if there are other ways to render larger characters. and then maintain the sharpness or not
SF_Enemy1_6 added!
index.php

Just thought I'd share how my battlers are looking for my 4 main characters. From left to right... Ashlyn the brave fighter, Lizzabelle the peaceful mage, Suki the thief, Saedra the not-so-peaceful mage.

pLZHVLI.png
Power to the Game Make!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sorcuris