LuckyLeafGames

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I legit just came to check up on RPG Maker because I haven't been here in a while and have been busy, and literally jut found out about this new addition to the series. What a wonderful return gift. This is awesome, I look forward to seeing what everyone does with their games (assuming you don't quite a quarter of the way through)!

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Just want to double-check...since I bought from the store, the code works normally, and for Steam, right? Not one or the other, but both.

Jetan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Just want to double-check...since I bought from the store, the code works normally, and for Steam, right? Not one or the other, but both.
So far I've redeemed the MZ key in two places - in Steam and in RPG Maker MZ itself (It gives you a prompt to activate when logging in, for clarification.) I hadn't planned on downloading the steam version, but I wanted to confirm I launched both after redeeming both keys I didn't get any prompts saying I should buy another copy.

So yes, seems to work for both Steam and MZ. No prompts for another key purchase at all.

Last edited:

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I hate the particle effect system. All my work was done in sprite sheets and now i have to learn yet another program to do things. :rtear: why must things be made unnecessarily difficult???

meowengine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So the RPG Maker MZ API Documentation page is now broken. Any chance of this getting repaired?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It work now. not sure if we go directly through the manual.

OH is it a link from the help file that is broken?

Basically: Specifically what method are you using to reach it that causes it to 404?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OH is it a link from the help file that is broken?

Basically: Specifically what method are you using to reach it that causes it to 404?
Yep this what I reported when you hit the API documentations from the Manual in MZ will provoke the 404 error.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks. I can report that now.

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder, are we ever going to get a documentation of all MZ code, or just the API?

And is/will the MZ code be released under MIT license? Can't find it anywhere.

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hate the particle effect system. All my work was done in sprite sheets and now i have to learn yet another program to do things. :rtear: why must things be made unnecessarily difficult???

You can still create animations with the sprite sheets through Effekseer. In my opinion, it's even better and more convenient to do animations through Effekseer than through past RPG Maker programs.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You can still create animations with the sprite sheets through Effekseer. In my opinion, it's even better and more convenient to do animations through Effekseer than through past RPG Maker programs.
I use Spriter Pro and I don't find Effekseer efficient or easy. I'm hoping a plugin is made. I'm at my max for learning yet another program just to do one thing. There's too many prg's in the pipeline as it is...

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Heard there was going to be English tuts for making plugins for MZ, is there any news on that?

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
@slimmmeiske2
I pre ordered on steam before it was available on the rpg maker web store, does that mean I don't get any of the free plugins and goodies? Is there a way to link my order from steam to the rpg maker web store.

@kaukusaki
@Lion Blade Soler
So far I really love the new animation system, Its probably going to be harder to learn how to make custom animations from Effekseer but at least its free and I've never liked the tediousness of animation sheets used in the rpg maker before so now I think it should be worth the learning curve.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Emanzi Hey I got it on Steam as well. All the free stuff is included in the DLC folder, unless you're refering to something else?

Emanzi

Ekamu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
DLC folder? Ok I think I have to hunt down where steam installs stuff again... Im on Windows.

was it app/roaming or something? Eh, I should have written that down...

Um. Thanks. I'll figure it out.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Heard there was going to be English tuts for making plugins for MZ, is there any news on that?

It's currently being edited. It has been translated but we are just doing an extra runthrough to tighten up the English. It is just taking a bit of time because it is like 50-60 pages long.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CiderV