Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
probably better to post it in a separate thread @K2loid so it doesn't get lost and can be addressed without having to search for a single post in a long thread.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
probably better to post it in a separate thread @K2loid so it doesn't get lost and can be addressed without having to search for a single post in a long thread.
Good call! I was just shocked.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I love all the new things in MZ, but are we not getting Weapons upgraded from MV? All these new shiny things and we still have MV Weapons in the System folder? That's a bit disappointing. :(

-MIA

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Speaking of weapons, I see that the Cover Art characters pack for MZ comes with 6 new weapons. Are they SV Actor weapons? If anyone has it, I'm curious what they are! I don't need to see them, just want to know.

The MV Cover art pack came with 4 weapons, 4 swords (Katana, ninja sword, bigger sword, and another one) so I assume it's something similar.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Probotector 200X - 1) is a Flashy Great Sword (my fav), 2)... um... Im honestly not sure, some kind of pointy rapier like stick? 3) Is a Flashy Great Axe/Halbard (my secomd fav), and 4) is some kind of Set of Four Magic Orbs, each a different color.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Undoubtedly I'll have to move to this engine eventually if I wish to continue to have plugin support and update-to-date plugin functionality since the most of the major coders in our community will eventually jump ship on MV as they have done in the past and move onto MZ as they have done with VX Ace, VX, ect.
Don't be so afraid that people are getting ahead of you by making games with a new engine. In the end it's the content of your game that counts and not if you did it with Ace, MV or MZ. Well pre-MV Makers slowly getting outdated at least in their original form because they're not really that compatible with Win 10 anymore - screwing up Desktops when used in fullscreen, flicker and can have all sorts of issues.

I started to convert my game from Ace to MV half a year ago, because MV finally was in a state to be usable. While I'm pretty sure that the dev team will not take that long for MZ to reach the same state, it's far away from production ready. Plugins need to be (re-)written, bugs need to get ironed out and by the time it's ready let's say in 1-2 years you will maybe get a nice sale or even a RPG-Maker Humble Bundle with a nice discount.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I mean a lot of the reason you see plugin creators move on is that by 5 years into MV there was less "big" stuff to do.

Right now with MZ just coming out, there is so much "real estate" for features to be made with plugins.

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I almost came close to not preordering RMMZ due to my past experience with preordering RMMV. RMMV may not have been problematic in the same way that RMVX was, but even so, RMMV was still a problem. Because of my personal experience with RMMV, I wasn't sure if I would preorder RMMZ, but the reveals of what RMMZ was/is capable of and the interest to get started with using RMMZ right away made me consider preordering the program and the preorder discount was very helpful. Unlike RMMV, I have no regrets preordering RMMZ and like RMMZ as much as I like RMXP and RMVX Ace, which I consider to be the best RPG Maker programs for the computer.

I'll admit that I wished that the bodies of the MZ Character Generator sprites (not the heads as they look good, in my opinion) would match-up more with the body of the MV Character Generator sprites as I wanted to use the Japanese Character Generator assets with the MZ Character Generator, but having said that, I can use a combination of Character Generators and of Photoshop to create the walking sprites.

In any case, I like RMMZ and have no regrets getting it. This time, I'll really have to get a game done as RMMZ is more than good enough to get the job done. By the way, I'll be posting the Parallax Foreground plugin for RMMZ later in the week and the plugin will be open source and copyleft.

I mean a lot of the reason you see plugin creators move on is that by 5 years into MV there was less "big" stuff to do.

Right now with MZ just coming out, there is so much "real estate" for features to be made with plugins.

The improvement on the Plugin Command Event is a game changer, so creating plugins for MZ will definitely feel very worthwhile as a result.

Rogue Milk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Are actors 3-1, 3-2, 3-3 and 3-4 missing SV-Battlers or they really don't have it?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes Actor 3-1 look at his Scifi version and you'll see why I call him Sword Dad.

Rogue Milk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Sword Dad is awesome. Loved the design.
I'm sure someone will eventually make a sideview battler.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I was really hopping MZ wouldn't repeat the same mistake MZ did by leaving out certain actors as player options and others as enemy options.

Anyway, what I wanted to ask was...aren't there supposed to be bonus DLCs included with the base purchase? The only thing in my DLC folder is the Basic Resources stuff. :(

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You should have generator parts and remixed MV music. All my preorder bonuses downloaded at the same time as MZ.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Aesica Okay weird that the MV & MZ remix bonus isn't in your DLC folder. The generator bonus should have been directly installed in the generator. I saw someone write that if you have the pirate hat in the Kids generator, you have the DLC.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ttkkttuu