LadyIceheart

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everybody! I'm going to purchase this resource package soon and I need advice. Many people in the reviews are unhappy that parts of the generator cannot be used in the MZ version. If I encounter this problem and it is still relevant, how can it be solved?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you specify what the problem is supposed to be?
according to the description in the shop, the parts are compatible but it seems that you have to switch out parts to use them.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I encounter this problem and it is still relevant, how can it be solved?
The character poses and motions in MZ are different than in MV. Since these generator parts are from the Switch version of MV, they do not match the bodies in MZ. There's not a way to "solve" this aside from editing each cell of each generator part, if you have the drawing skills.

Since the characters are the same sizes and have the same sheet layout in MZ, you can use the parts if you create your character in the generator using the MV body models (I thought I read that the DLC came with those sheets you could swap out, or that MZ did, but I'm not finding it with a quick search).

You could also install the parts into MV if you own that, generate and export a character, then put it into your MZ project.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
You can use MV parts in MZ but the angles and positioning don't quite match.
Body Styles.png
Body Down.png
These are some of the most obvious, but even some which seem to line up, actually don't.
You can read in detail about the Generator part file structure HERE.

I've spent the time to organise my parts by series, and added icons to the variations so i can select parts which are compatible.
GenIcon.png

Benefits to using MV parts in MZ's generator:
-More color gradients.
-More resources available.
-Parts position shift.

Detriments to using MV parts in MZ's generator:
-Having to swap body files to suit style(MV or MZ)
-Limited compatibility between MV and MZ parts(alignments).

Using MV parts only in MV ensures complete compatibility, but color gradients are restricted(amount).

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Yeah, there should be a big note in the MZ sale, that you can't use all of the generator parts in the pack in MZ since they only fit MV.
I mean the better option would be to rework everything so it fits, but I don't see that happening.

But it's sad that otherwise such a good pack has mixed reviews on steam because of the generator parts.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
They do work, but you need MV bodies.

What some other people do(and is part of the detail instruction on product page) is have one generator folder for MZ, and another for MV. Renaming the folders when you want to swap between the style sets.
I dont like to deal with that, so I spend the time to rename my parts. I only switch bodies when I need to.

This is a good pack as it is more complete than default MV. There are actually some assets which can only be complete with the addition of original MV.
I feel like they should give us complete sets to begin with.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.
Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.
It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Even more things I made.
Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SpaapS