Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Screenshot_10.png

Hi,

I went to update but none of my ported over MV animations work now after updating the battlecore for VisuStella (and corescript for RPG Maker MZ), should I just re-do them/revert to an older version or is there another solution I'm missing?

Last edited:

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Have you updated the Core scripts of your game? Updating the Maker and updating the game is not the same. There's a menu button on top of the maker "update core scripts"

OverTheTop123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Have you updated the Core scripts of your game? Updating the Maker and updating the game is not the same. There's a menu button on top of the maker "update core scripts"
This happens even on the latest core script I'm afraid.

OverTheTop123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a slight development. When I make a stock project with just the base features (and the Visutella) additions, the sprites are able to be read again, but seem to just not work at all on my current project even though everything is updated properly to my knowledge. I'm just beyond confused to be honest because it worked fine just last week.

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
From the looks up it, VisuStella Core Engine is causing the error, while it's attempting to set the frame rate of the animation. They likely added that feature in a recent update, since some MV animations need to be run faster than the default setting in order to look right.

If I were to venture a guess, it's probably expecting you to have set some type of parameter in the plugin settings, in order to tell the plugin what speed to default to for MV animations. Since you're upgrading from an older version, where that parameter didn't exist, it might be blank, and that might be causing your error.

I'd recommend that you comb through the Core Engine plugin settings, find the parameter that deals with animation rate (I suspect they'd have stuck in in Quality of Life -> Misc, and make sure it is set to something (default should likely be 4).

OverTheTop123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
From the looks up it, VisuStella Core Engine is causing the error, while it's attempting to set the frame rate of the animation. They likely added that feature in a recent update, since some MV animations need to be run faster than the default setting in order to look right.

If I were to venture a guess, it's probably expecting you to have set some type of parameter in the plugin settings, in order to tell the plugin what speed to default to for MV animations. Since you're upgrading from an older version, where that parameter didn't exist, it might be blank, and that might be causing your error.

I'd recommend that you comb through the Core Engine plugin settings, find the parameter that deals with animation rate (I suspect they'd have stuck in in Quality of Life -> Misc, and make sure it is set to something (default should likely be 4).
I can definitely see that making sense. Alright, after giving this a try on both higher and lower settings with the default as 4, the error keeps occurring. however, so I wonder if it's something I have to somehow tie to the specific animations maybe?

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can definitely see that making sense. Alright, after giving this a try on both higher and lower settings with the default as 4, the error keeps occurring. however, so I wonder if it's something I have to somehow tie to the specific animations maybe?
Unfortunately, I don't know. I haven't updated my Core Engine in a while, and since I've already got a different solution in place for animation rates, I'm a little reluctant to do so now.

If you're comfortable uploading your project file to Google Drive or something, and PMing me a link, I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can figure out what the problem is. I can't guarantee anything, but I am at least 90% confident that I can figure it out for you.

But if you'd rather not have somebody else see your project at this time, I fully understand and won't be offended or anything like that.

OverTheTop123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Unfortunately, I don't know. I haven't updated my Core Engine in a while, and since I've already got a different solution in place for animation rates, I'm a little reluctant to do so now.

If you're comfortable uploading your project file to Google Drive or something, and PMing me a link, I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can figure out what the problem is. I can't guarantee anything, but I am at least 90% confident that I can figure it out for you.

But if you'd rather not have somebody else see your project at this time, I fully understand and won't be offended or anything like that.
Actually dude, you saved me! I completely forgot to apply the change prior to re-testing, and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
No problem. Glad you got it figured out.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hey guys, do you wanna see who dominated the competition in our last game jam?! Stop by while we play Pinky by @Wumbohek Starting at 4:20pm EST.
BCj
Looking for someone that can create custom-made balloon pop-ups for Escalia! Now posted in Classifieds - Requests
So, uh... I have to work on the MZ beta for one of the games to be made in Unite (since it's not out yet) because I'm planning to put it on Kickstarter. It involves escape rooms, twisted animatronics, and the SCP Foundation. Plus it takes place in a theme park, and it's NOT a "Five Nights" game. It's got virtual escape rooms, secret notes, and a twisted secret only the SCP should know.
Going live in 10 for Rise of the Third Power! Come and join me for ridiculous and inconsistent character voices, banter, the drinking of Irn Bru, the eating of cookies and wine gums, and possibly a dog! Twitch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pancakes33