TenebrisCrow

The Kelphy Corp
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I remember I purchased RPG Maker MV on this website, and I actually preferred to have it on my PC than Steam. I had a lot of issues with Steam and hated it on there.

So what are people doing with MZ? They going to install it on their PC or Steam?

I personally was considering buying it from the website even if it's cheaper on Steam assuming that I can?

Anyway I look forward to hearing from you.

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I preordered on Steam because I could put a little bit of money in the "steam wallet" over the course of the 6 week build up to the purchase date. That purchase was not in any way a slight on the main site, but a matter of my own financial considerations.

I really think it's up to personal preferences, but I chose Steam this time due to a financial choice on my end.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just bought it from the store so I could have a DRM free version and then when Steam does a sale on resource packs I can grab it off of their two. Steam annoys me because if i just got it from there that means I have to wait for both launchers to launch to start a game up and on days when i completely shut off my computer that means Steam has to update and that takes a second and then it likes to hang sometimes and I have to use the task manager to close it. It's too much of a hassle.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you get it from the web store within the next week, you'll get a 20% discount. It will also give you a Steam key, in case you ever wanted it (you can't share it with someone as it's the same key for both versions, but it lets you install from Steam if you want that at some point)

HuLijin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I bought MV on the store and ended up using the Steam version because Steam is always running on my computer and up to date and I have to change computers often. It's easier for me to reinstall a bunch of softwares from Steam than to find all the keys. Plus I use a lot its social media features.
So this time, I bought it on Steam.
I know the store version comes with a Steam key, but it has slipped my mind. I didn't even check if the discount given by MV was applied at the web store, or even where it's the cheapest for me :s

Last edited:

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Any time I can avoid Steam, I will.
This is one of those times.

hayahay

The Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Alien Language
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Any time I can avoid Steam, I will.
This is one of those times.
Same I don't like steam too, internet is so slow in a 3rd world country and I can't use the software when steam is updating. Too bad steam is my only option due to tight budget sigh..

Misappi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why not buying both versions then?

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Because one run on the other as well ^^ so it makes for automatically both.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leilahbrekke