GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, it will be. They are working on getting it in the store as quickly as possible.

@mlogan - Do you know if I buy RPG Maker MZ off of the main website will I also be able to use the key code to download it off of Steam (Just like when I bought MV)?

Edit: Nevermind, I just read where it said, "You will also receive the key to RPG Maker MZ which you can activate on Steam." So I guess the answer to my question is Yes, :)

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So should I wait for a while or it will be placed after pre-order?

I don't believe we will have regional pricing available in our own store in time for Preorder unfortunately. If you want to take advantage of it for the preorder, you should probably order through Steam.

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope I'm not asking a silly question, but is it possible to get the -10% discount for owning MV if you buy MZ from the RMW store yet own MV via Steam?

After reading some of the discussion in this thread, I started thinking that I'd like to buy MZ via RPG Maker Web store, but I've bought all of my previous RPG Maker stuff via Steam (or well, I've received half of them as gifts). The store isn't showing me the discount from owning MV, understandably, and I haven't figured if there's a way to "register" my Steam version into my account here.

AnonGames

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like to echo these sentiments. It would be preferable not to have steam loaded while using rpgmakerMZ so it would be great to purchase through this store and still get the extra 10% for owning MV (through steam). Also, it is my understanding that Steam takes a big cut and I would also prefer my monies to go more to the developer.

I own MV on Steam, but would like to buy MZ on the RPG Maker Web Store (so I can install MZ on my non-gaming laptop without having to install Steam as well).

Is there any way I can get my extra 10% off?
I hope I'm not asking a silly question, but is it possible to get the -10% discount for owning MV if you buy MZ from the RMW store yet own MV via Steam?

After reading some of the discussion in this thread, I started thinking that I'd like to buy MZ via RPG Maker Web store, but I've bought all of my previous RPG Maker stuff via Steam (or well, I've received half of them as gifts). The store isn't showing me the discount from owning MV, understandably, and I haven't figured if there's a way to "register" my Steam version into my account here.

Punamaagi

Hero on their own terms
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mlogan Sorry, I might have missed that while skimming through the thread. Too bad that there's no way to reliably generate a discount code to serve the same purpose. Thanks for the fast reply in any case: I'll probably stick with Steam for now and maybe consider buying resource packs here in the future. :)

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't believe we will have regional pricing available in our own store in time for Preorder unfortunately. If you want to take advantage of it for the preorder, you should probably order through Steam.
thanks for the heads up. I have purchased the engine on steam since it cheaper there than in the store.
I would buy the RMW store version but the preorder bonus is good.

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's mildly dumb but the thing I am most excited for at this exact moment is all the new generator parts MZ will bring to the table. Still excited for all the optimization, the return of manual layers, built in ATB etc... but seriously. Generator Parts. :D

ultimagicka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I bought my preorder from Steam because that is what I usually do. After reading about how much Steam is going to take from the Devs I have decided to refund my Steam purchase so I can buy it from the RMW store. There is no reason I need to make Steam any fatter while starving those that bring us this joy.

Edit: I have successfully refunded the Steam purchase and purchased it from RMW store! I am glad I was able to get more money to the devs here and less in Steams pockets!

Last edited:

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I personally bought it from the RMW store, since MZ has its own standalone update feature, which imo takes away the only thing I'd ever use Steam over it for.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Honestly there are advantages for Degica/Kadokawa with either store. So purchase through the one that feels best for you.

We want to make sure you get the best experience you can, and if that means buying through Steam, buy through Steam, if that means buying through our site, buy through our Site.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Weird... on rpgstore I'm owner of MV (did the purchase on rpgstore) but the store doesn't give me the discount, why?
And funny enough, steam does give me the additional discount, which what I did there was just use the code. So... what? (MV Pre-order customer here)
EDIT: Proofs attached!

Help me I don't want be bound to steam T_T

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 29
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Killuki Zaoldyeck I think others have said that the discount will show when you go to checkout.
Uh, oh. True!!
Thank you! Got confused by the screenshots from others where the discount was shown before the check-out.

Okay, now what I need is just the bundles being on the Rpgstore!!
Also, sorry if it was answered before but... Will the MZ key be valid for both steam and for download it from the rpgstore like how was the MV-preorder one?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 7

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I personally bought it from the RMW store, since MZ has its own standalone update feature, which imo takes away the only thing I'd ever use Steam over it for.

I think you're confused. It sounds like you're talking about updating MZ itself, which is automatic on steam (unless you disabled it), but you had to do manually with the standalone version, downloading and installing the latest version.

The "standalone update feature" that MZ has, which MV didn't have, is the ability to update your projects to the newest version. With MV that had to be done manually regardless of where you bought it. With MZ there'll be a built-in option to update projects, and that also does not care whether you have the standalone or steam version of the engine.

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can confirm that the RPG Maker Web Store keys (you get one for MZ and MV) can be used to "Activate a Product on Steam".

Using the MZ key also activates the free copy of MV, so there's no need to activate both keys. If you try, Steam will simply say: "This Steam Account already owns the product associated with this key." so you can't get 2 copies of MV that way.

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Shaz I see, yeah I meant MZ standalone and not steam, but thought it meant to update the program instead of just your project to the newest version you already own. It's not so bad though, manually updating is still vastly preferable to launching MZ through Steam imo.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wasn't planning on getting it right away, but the discount for MV owners made the deal good enough that I decided to anyway.

Jitsu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The price was surprising. The resources alone are worth it! Thanks for the discount.

But I have to criticize this complete marketing very much.

First you're busy confirming leaks for 4 weeks.

Now you don't even deliver proper previews of the DLC.

You're selling resources that buyers can't see.

It's like a fresh indie company taking its first steps on steam.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I just lost an hour plus of time to trying to modify the _battlefield sprite... when in reality MZ calls it _battleField ;_;

Even when debugging for the "undefined value", it looked exactly the same to my 20/60 eyesight.

I really prefer this_naming_convention rather than thisNamingConvention !!
hmm... I just solved one of the more annoying sideview battler problems in MV.. Passive States and Visual States can make it so when your character is in crisis HP, they don't go back to normal walk/wait when it's their turn. they stay in the crisis motion... neat.
Apparently all of LGBT reddit hates me. I posted a simple question and only got hate mail. What's the deal? The doompost was literally 6 months ago and I've changed my views since then and apologized.
MOD NOTE: See second response before replying to this. - Wavelength
Amazing. Simply amazing...

JRPG Browser - Playlist:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michye