RPG MAKER MZ PREORDERS LIVE!

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've been watching things from my hospital bed just seeing how this all plays out and seeing what all is announced and introduced.
I honestly don't think there's enough new for me to want the software.
I swore that I would wait until everything was laid out on the table and it looks like it's pretty much been, and I'm just not seeing enough to make me want to dive headlong again into getting another piece of software like this.
Maybe later after some plugins.
Just needs more meat..

Last edited:

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now you don't even deliver proper previews of the DLC.
To be fair, the Japanese website doesn't have that many screenshots of the DLCs, either. The only screenshots that the Japanese website has are the ones that you can see on the newsletter, like the following that was previously posted by slimmmeiske2:

I don't know if this is helpful to anybody, but here are the previews for the Trinity DLC and the Dark Fantasy DLC that came with the newsletter:

As for the RPG Maker MZ preorder, I will definitely be going for the preorder as soon as possible. Even though the program will eventually go on a big sale at a much later time, the current discount is good enough to anyone that wants to get and to use RPG Maker MZ right away. The response to the current discount has been very positive from what I noticed and I personally like the discount as well. In regard to the bundle packs, even if they had a preorder discount, I wouldn't be getting them as I'm only interested in the MV Trinity Resource Pack and the Dark Fantasy Resource Pack, so I'll just wait for a later time to get the two aforementioned resource packs.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not expecting a meaningful answer, but, for Time Progress Battles, if 2 or more heroes filled their action gauge simultaneously, can we choose which hero gets to move first, or is it strictly decided by party order?

I'm expecting the latter scenario as answer, so I'm wondering if a plugin creator could answer how difficult it would be to write a plugin that lets the player cycle between heroes that have their action gauges filled.
It's a mechanic I had for my custom RM2K3 battle system that added a lot of extra decision making during battles, and I don't recall ever having it seen used elsewhere in an RPG Maker game.

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not expecting a meaningful answer, but, for Time Progress Battles, if 2 or more heroes filled their action gauge simultaneously, can we choose which hero gets to move first, or is it strictly decided by party order?

I'm expecting the latter scenario as answer, so I'm wondering if a plugin creator could answer how difficult it would be to write a plugin that lets the player cycle between heroes that have their action gauges filled.
It's a mechanic I had for my custom RM2K3 battle system that added a lot of extra decision making during battles, and I don't recall ever having it seen used elsewhere in an RPG Maker game.
I've also would like to know more about the Time Progress Battle system. The only thing that they mentioned is that TPB is not exactly an Active Time Battle System, but is based on the same concept, and so far they have only given hints that further information will be released at a latter date.

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Touchfuzzy has said he will talk about it soon. I too can't wait to hear more about it.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It was a tough call, but I decided to go with pre-purchasing MZ from steam. I decided that I didn't need the standalone version of MV, so... I got the full package.
RPG Maker MZ Pre-Purchase
RPG Maker MZ - MZ Cover Art Characters Pack
RPG Maker MZ - MV Trinity Resource Pack
RPG Maker MZ - 3D Particle Effect Pack
RPG Maker MZ - Dark Fantasy Resource Pack
RPG Maker MZ - Essentials Set Z

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just checking back to see if there has been any update as to when/if this site is going to be selling the RPG Maker MZ Bundle S? Would love to be able to purchase it off of the main RPG Maker store as I normally prefer to buy products off of this site rather than Steam.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just checking back to see if there has been any update as to when/if this site is going to be selling the RPG Maker MZ Bundle S? Would love to be able to purchase it off of the main RPG Maker store as I normally prefer to buy products off of this site rather than Steam.
Still being worked on. Apologies!

DjValefor

[Sleep Deprived Beginner]
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still being worked on. Apologies!
Hello! I just wanted to share my enthusiasm for the S bundle to be included on RPGMakerWeb store. Your online store is preferable due to the service and reliability. I dont care about price as long as its your store.

Maybe you all could include your own interesting bundle that has unique dlc limited to rpgmakerweb store?

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
For any plugin developer having written ATB system scripts/plugins before, it's an easy, simple and small task, and 1 such way is to let plugin users set some hotkeys to select another inputable actor with a smaller(e.g.: left arrow key)/larger(e.g.: right arrow key) party member index, or hotkeys to select an actor with a specified index(like numi for ith party member) if that actor's inputable.
I've done that in both VXA and MV, and will likely write a plugin to add this functionality in MZ provided that I'll indeed buy it and it's not a default behavior already :)

Rion Requiel

Twilight Requiem Productions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also Pre-Ordered through Steam but I have an extra copy of MV to gift out now. Really looking forward to using this Engine.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Touchfuzzy if the bundles are implemented on RPGStore much later, will Degica amplify the "preorder offer" time? I'm just waiting to purchase it on the store!

RastaMan

Grouchy Mountain Dwarf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I can ask here (i hope so) one little thing...
Will be any further look on all DLC, that was in super-duper bundle before 20th of August?
Specially, the "character generator parts" one...
I mean, there is few DLC's for MV, that was contained some interesting parts, like Japanese one...

Last edited:

R1PFake

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Does anyone know what happens with the free MV steam copy (which I gifted to a friend) after I refund my MZ pre-order on steam? I assume it will be removed from his account or will this prevent me from refunding my preorder?

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@R1PFake, I'm almost sure it'll be removed from his account just like your MZ copy after refund.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This might sound like a simple question to some but I'm not sure; (I just bought the regular RPG Maker MZ package off of the main site), and I got my product key for MZ. Now do I use that same key for both the MZ I will download from the main site as well as the Steam version?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some game development! Feel free to drop by!
it took soooo long to get character assist to work right in my game. like certain fighting games, a team mate can hop in, do an attack, then leave. it works since these are all one on one fights (usually)
Honestly. Didn't sleep for a day. ONCE
Hi! I've been working on some character sprites for my pirate themed game.
Still somewhat new to pixel art, so feedback or inputs would be appreciated ^^
TRIVIA: I love Japanese food and culture! I've never been to Japan, but someday I'm going to go to Tokyo and do some touring, including Disneyland Tokyo and DisneySea! And I even prepared myself for earthquake safety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yeah_That_1