Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ProtocolNebula If you want DRM free, then you need to order from this site. The key you receive will be for a standalone and for a Steam version. AFAIK, the only OS supported at launch is Windows. It appears that you will be able to build a game for mobile if that's what you want.

ProtocolNebula

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ProtocolNebula If you want DRM free, then you need to order from this site. The key you receive will be for a standalone and for a Steam version. AFAIK, the only OS supported at launch is Windows. It appears that you will be able to build a game for mobile if that's what you want.
Thanks for reply!
I was planning to purchase thrugh website instead steam.

So... for linux will be available via steam or neither? (I'ts better than nothing)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ProtocolNebula I've not seen anything about linux - which doesn't mean that it won't/can't happen at some stage, but I don't think it will be available at launch. I do know, however, that several people got MV working on Linux comparatively early, but whether that was an official release or a work around I don't know.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ProtocolNebula
in case of RMMV, the Linux-Version became available about a year or so after the Windows&MacOS versions (if I remember correctly)

I think something similiar will happen with RMMZ - that it will only be converted after the programmers have handled the initial bugfixing of whatever problems appear with RMMZ on Win and Mac

ProtocolNebula

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, thanks you both guys for info, I started use MV like... 2 month ago.

DRM free is the most important part here, I don't want to depend on steam to launch a software to develop videogames.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
1 day left...
Anyways... I changed my mind after all and I'll just preorder the program alone because went very short of money to purchase a bundle...
1597729388024.png

@Touchfuzzy regarding the resource packs on the bundles, they aren't exclusive to the prelaunch right? Can they be purchased later (just without discount I guess)?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oops - thought I was viewing the last page of posts.

Almost there folks ... who's counting the hours?

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So... do we pre-order MZ from the RMW store and the bundle later or still wait for the MZ+Bundle? Do we know how long is the pre-order offer?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The launch offer will be the same as the preorder offer and will last one week.

All materials will be available after launch, so don't worry about missing things, there are no "gone forevers".

Jetan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Wel,l that's good to know. Guess I'm just gonna cave and order through the store as well and hope that the individual items are discounted as well. I've already drawn up some plans for a quick game to familiarize myself with MZ!

Can't wait to not finish it because some plugin caught my eye and I decided to start making a game around that.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy, yes. Now I feel the urge of addiction to consumerism to buy one. Must resist the urge to click buy on Steam. :kaoback:

Last edited:

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So, after hearing that the store bundle won't be available until after release, I decided to just pre-order now from the store. I'm glad to hear there are no "gone forevers" - because I do want the other packs that come in the bundle, so I'll be happy to buy those separately when they hit the store (hopefully can purchase them without having to re-purchase MZ all over again though! lol)

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
The launch offer will be the same as the preorder offer and will last one week.

All materials will be available after launch, so don't worry about missing things, there are no "gone forevers".
Perfect, I prefer lose just a 21,7€ saving than a bunch of limited resources.
Love it, gonna make the pre-order here soon!!

I hope be able to purchase at least the Trinity pack next month.... seeya bundles...
:rtear:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Here's the title-screen for the game I'm working on: :LZSgrin:
Oh man I've been struggling with event spawners and Qmovement compatibility for quite a while- went as far as to use a tool just to pick crops :kaocry: but Ritter got their spawner to work with Qmove and I'm screeing! It's still in testing period but just- the feeling of getting over a large gameplay hurdle is a HUGE relief, I'm so thankful to Ritter! It's a cheap paid plugin but totally worth it!
Welp, I just finished my favorite part of RPG making which is creating skills, now onto the tasks I like less so the motivation is lower. At least I'll get to create new ones while designing enemies!
New to MV... Awesome forum, cheers everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arthur2007