Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Next Month if nothing goes wrong is the first Month since long, that i have some Money left over.
Perfect timing, finaly i can be one of the first to get it and in the same run support Degica and the Developers of RPG Maker and thank them this way for all they have done for us.

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is why I've been putting a little money on my steam wallet at every "News Cycle." Another week, and I'll have enough for the base version of MZ. I might have enough after that to get one of the bundles. I'm so terrible, using Steam like a lay-away.

Tai_MT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dang, the price of six DLC packs is more than the price of the program itself.

Probably best to get the program discount to start with and then wait for sales on the DLC.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey, this pre-order offers(10% discount and + 10$ discount for those that already have RM MV) will be valid until 27 August, right?

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When RPG Maker MZ launches. (20th of next month)
Hey, this pre-order offers(10% discount and + 10$ discount for those that already have RM MV) will be valid until 27 August, right?
MZ comes out the 20th. It would not make sense to have a pre-order discount a week past when it comes out. Also, the discount is 10% off for preordering and 10% off for owning MV, not $10 off. So, a total of 20% off the cost of MZ if you already own MV and order before August 20th.

edit: I do see that Steam says the discount is available until August 27, so my apologies. I don't know if that's a mistake or not, however.

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
MZ comes out the 20th. It would not make sense to have a pre-order discount a week past when it comes out. Also, the discount is 10% off for preordering and 10% off for owning MV, not $10 off. So, a total of 20% off the cost of MZ if you already own MV and order before August 20th.
"10$" - It was a typo, sorry ^^'

edit: I do see that Steam says the discount is available until August 27, so my apologies. I don't know if that's a mistake or not, however.
Ok, thanks for the answer :)

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is why I started the "lay away" plan at the first drop of news on MZ. I had assumed, even before the info-drops that it wouldn't get a version change without a significant engine change to back it up :p

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Now I have a question for Touch ... if I bought MZ and got an MV key, they are both on the same order. Can I give my OLD MV key away to someone else, and keep the new one for myself? I'm thinking it probably doesn't really matter as long as the two of us are using different keys, but wanted to confirm.
Either one, I can't see how it would matter much.

Also yes, technically the preorder deal runs through the 27th because the launch week deal is the same :p. I didn't mention it but I think you can tell in the order stuff on Steam anyway.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, looking at the individual pack previews on Steam. I did not expect MZ's release to be accompanied by so much extra material. It's mind-boggling.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure about the dlcs. It is very hard to estimate if it is something I want when some of them have only one small screenshot. I'm especially confused by the Essential Set Z, because the one screenshot on the steam page is the exact same map as in screenshot 24 of 36 on the RPG Maker MZ webstore page. So what exactly is this screenshot showcasing? Are the tiles in the map something I'm getting with Essential Set Z or is it something already included in the default rtp?

In general I don't understand why the screenshots are always so tiny on the web store, but that's another issue.

The description of what I'm getting with the Essential Set is very vague, too:
Tiles: Outside sets/ Inside sets/ Dungeon sets
What means sets? Is it one outside tileset or more? B Tiles? Autotiles? There are dungeon sets? I'm not seeing anything of that in the one screenshot.

The MV Trinity Resource Pack boasts with a lot of content, but only 2 screenshots. The list of what's included is more detailed, but not a selling point when I'm not knowing how those things are going to look.

Right now I'm just thinking about preordering only MZ without any dlcs.

Last edited:

Skyroar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are the two bonus DLC packs from the base software purchase also obtainable on steam? I don't see any mention of them there.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are the two bonus DLC packs from the base software purchase also obtainable on steam? I don't see any mention of them there.
They'll be available for purchase after the preorder deal is done.

Zack Phoenix

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gonna wait for reviews of the program before I make a choice. Pre-Orders have long since been "fanboy only" no-gos for me. Looking forward to everyone's opinions.

GethN7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wonder if the RPG Maker devs are going deaf from all the people screaming "shut up and take my money".

If so, I apologize since I'm one of those people, but these are some really sweet preorder deals.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Also yes, technically the preorder deal runs through the 27th because the launch week deal is the same :p. I didn't mention it but I think you can tell in the order stuff on Steam anyway.
Great, now I can observe the reactions to MZ during 21-24/25 Aug 2020, then decide whether I'll go for the pre-order on 25/26 Aug 2020, and I genuinely believe that this can be good for MZ sales as well(explained later in this reply).
After all, waiting for several days still shouldn't hurt too much even when I want to make some MZ plugins early, and those already pre-ordered way before release are probably so confident with MZ that they don't even want to hesitate anymore, which is of course a good thing for all :)

Gonna wait for reviews of the program before I make a choice. Pre-Orders have long since been "fanboy only" no-gos for me. Looking forward to everyone's opinions.
I'm also generally very cautious about pre-order unless I'm almost certain that:
1. I really want to jump in on day one instead of waiting for an even bigger discount
2. The product's really excellent on nearly every last bit of important details right from the start
3. The pre-order discounts and bonuses are significant enough for me
In the case of MZ, 1 and 3 are both checked for me, it's 2 and my tight savings plus a lack of income source that cause me to have to be very cautious on spending my money and seriously consider between going for the pre-order instead of waiting for an even bigger discount :p

Combining both:
But because in this special case, the pre-order is confirmed to technically runs through 27 Aug 2020, the chance of me to really go through the pre-order actually increased drastically, and will become next to certain if the reviews of MZ will be overwhelming positive during 21-24/25 Aug 2020.
All these mean that, letting the pre-order end several days after the product release can sometimes indeed increase sales, especially when under very exceptional circumstances like the current Covid-19 situations, where many potential MZ buyers will be very cautious on spending their money, meaning that the 10-20% pre-order discount plus some other bonuses, combined with overwhelming positive reviews on the first several days, can become the deal makers on the last day pre-order purchases for these potential buyers.

If it turns out that many potential MZ buyers are really this cautious(certainly including me) while still having many buyers already pre-ordered it before release(that's already true in MZ), then having the pre-order to end several days after the product release will be a very fruitful move in this case, regardless of how risky it can usually be.
Of course, it can indeed be unfair to those already pre-ordered MZ before release, but I'll consider them very confident with MZ and kind of altruistic in this case, and they absolutely deserve to be praised.
In the case of resource makers, they can starting making MZ resources asap, probably meaning a noticeable advantage on having a larger "market share", at least early on :D
On the side of MZ itself, such a pre-order setup can actually gives a very positive impression to some potential buyers that MZ is very confident that it'll have overwhelming positive reviews during the first several days after launch, thus increasing the confidence of those potential buyers as well, and they'll "ironically" go for the pre-order before release precisely due to such confidence, which is good for everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Anyone else here think that closets are claustrophobic?
People3_5 and People3_8 added!

so hopefully tomorrow i get to go home from the hospital i've been here for 5 days already and it's driving me mad. I miss my family like crazy but at least I get to use my own toiletries and my own clothes. My mom is coming to visit soon i can't wait to see her cause i miss her the most. :kaojoy:
Couple hours of work. Might use in my game as a secret find or something. Not sure. Fancy though no? :D
Holy stink, where have I been? Well, I started my temporary job this week. So less time to spend on game design... :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dreamy7i