Shin Kitsune

KITSUNE Game Design
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG/SPA
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am considering it seriously. Am thinking on pre-ordering this Friday since payroll, but I am still debating it. Should I really do it?

So, Preorders are live everyone.

... what, I have to write more than that? Fiiiiiine.

First up in our New System tab options is the ability to toggle Autosave for your game.

Autosave.png

Autosave isn’t right for every game, but it is now a default function of RPG Maker MZ! If you want to use it, leave this option clicked. If you prefer to stay with manual saves only in your game, this is where you would turn it off.

RPG Maker MZ Preorders are NOW LIVE! Purchase during the Preorder period to get sweet bonuses such as 10% off (plus an additional 10% off if you own MV!), a free co....
shutupandtakemymoney.png
OKAY! I will pre-order my copy this Friday.

I have a question regarding the free copy of MV. Does this also apply for Steam as well? Or only through the RPGM store? Because I would be giving the free copy to a friend of mine.

Drokkkon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question: since the character size is the same, it means that all the characters done for rpg maker mv are going to work for MZ?

Also, MV Batttlers and Big Monster sprites are from MV work in MZ too, without even needing adapt them?

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a high chance bundle will come to the web store instead of Steam, or is it just a loose wishful thinking type of "hope"? I want that cover art character pack and maybe the others from the smaller bundle, but I don't like being tied to Steam exactly.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a high chance bundle will come to the web store instead of Steam, or is it just a loose wishful thinking type of "hope"? I want that cover art character pack and maybe the others from the smaller bundle, but I don't like being tied to Steam exactly.

We're working on adding it to the RMW store right now. If you would prefer to purchase through the RMW store and want the bundle, just hold off for the moment. We should have it up before preorder period ends.

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Question: since the character size is the same, it means that all the characters done for rpg maker mv are going to work for MZ?

Also, MV Batttlers and Big Monster sprites are from MV work in MZ too, without even needing adapt them?
Yes to all. They should all be compatible as the sizes are the same.
Keep in mind the MZ characters look a bit different so if you intend to mix them with MV ones they might clash in style.

Reven

Random Person #255
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I pre-ordered yesterday, just the base as the only DLCs I want are the Cover Characters and 3D Effects ones, so I'll get them another time.

As for "Not knowing who has it on Steam outside of Steam" there are ways that can be done to detect that. GOG has "GOG Connect" a (rarely) used feature that when you link your steam account to GOG, it will scan your Steam account for any games currently being offered through the feature that you might own that you can then add to your GOG account.

Also one other thing Steam does, is there's a mouse icon on the forums next to the name of someone who owns the software in question. I'm sure that with the community's help you guys could come up with a way to allow for steam purchasers to get non-steam versions, even if at the start it's proving manual proof. Just for laughs I loaded my profile's game list in my web browser (where I'm not even signed in) and through a simple search, found all 7 RPG Maker iterations in my account.

I'm not demanding any of this happen of course, I don't mind using RM through steam (after turning the steam overlay off), but just giving my thoughts on the statement.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Reven Coming at this from a completely different angle, given the big percentage that Steam takes from every purchase, so leaving a lot less for the seller, it's possibly necessary to Degica's profitability that as many people as possible buy from the store here, rather than from Steam. I remember Celianna writing once that during a sale, by the time Steam took their cut, and then the publisher, she was getting less than 1 cent ($0.01) per graphic pack sold. That gives you an idea of the difference between the published price and what people actually earn.

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is there any confirmation for custom tool like RPG Maker MV yet (like MADO, SAKAN,..) but the community can actually create instead of it being KADOKAWA thing only?

Tsukimi-neko

Tsukimi
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Puffer I thought anybody can create custom tools for RPG Maker and distribute it?
I've seen something like a GUI move route tool.

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Puffer I thought anybody can create custom tools for RPG Maker and distribute it?
I've seen something like a GUI move route tool.
Not really tho, those tools are like a middleware sort of stuff, not fully integrated within the UI of the engine itself like the way SAKAN/MADO does, I hope you can understand what I mean here

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any news on if the RPG Maker MZ Bundle S will be coming to the main RPG Maker store? I normally prefer to buy products off of the main store.

GGZiron

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bulgarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I preordered MZ!!
Hope good things will come there, but if no, having fun with friendly engine is still better entertainment for me than playing some games.

But now, got questions!
I wouldn't even have it if I didn't read @Shaz post about it, but since I have two MV licenses now, can I really give my other one to someone else? If I do so, that someone else won't be ever banned from this forum for using MV without actually buying it herself? And she can release games, including comercial, using MV?

If allowed, could actually be transfered to the account of that friend of mine, so she get it listed in hers, and disappear from mine?

If too early to answer such questions, I will understand, but if there is information avaible, would like to know(so I also know if should share my other license, wait little more before learning, or not allowed at all).

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any news on if the RPG Maker MZ Bundle S will be coming to the main RPG Maker store? I normally prefer to buy products off of the main store.

Yes, it will be. They are working on getting it in the store as quickly as possible.

I preordered MZ!!
But now, got questions!
I wouldn't even have it if I didn't read @Shaz post about it, but since I have two MV licenses now, can I really give my other one to someone else? If I do so, that someone else won't be ever banned from this forum for using MV without actually buying it herself? And she can release games, including comercial, using MV?

If allowed, could actually be transfered to the account of that friend of mine, so she get it listed in hers, and disappear from mine?

If too early to answer such questions, I will understand, but if there is information avaible, would like to know(so I also know if should share my other license, wait little more before learning, or not allowed at all).

Yes, you can give the key to your friend and she can use it the same as if she'd purchased it herself, as long as you have never activated the key.

Leokids

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVX
Yay! And the Trial? When that Will be Comming Out?

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
@Touchfuzzy
Probably a weird question, but can you tell how big the battle background pictures and title screens for MZ are?

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Just wanted to say that I, too, prefer not having RPGM through steam, so i'll be pre-ordering, but not until it's out on the main store. Can't wait!

Drokkkon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As a new "rpmaker" here, can anyone tell me what is different from buying the game at Steam or at rpg maker official website?

I never used Steam. What is different? I heard something about buying at steam makes the game "limited to steam", what does that mean?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

found out how to change pfp, literally there's a hidden thingy on the bottom of it
Tarzanthecat wrote on SoftCloud's profile.
Bill_shitting.jpg
Interesting week. Lots of stress and anxiety especially on Tuesday but still got thru it. How is everyone doing?
I was pleased with how the little ... whatever those square bits like upside-down turrets on the skirt are? I like how they turned out. Here's a little ranger/bandit/archery enthusiast to model it:

TestChara-08.gif

I'm calling her Robin because obviously.
Just downloaded the demo and boy howdy are my arms tired (???) :kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porpor1104