RPG Maker MZ Preview #1: Music, Battles, Animations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Maker MZ is coming this Summer to the RPG Maker Web Store and Steam, and we know you've all been waiting for some real info on RPG Maker MZ. It is time. Let the RPG Make MZ Preview series begin!

Music!
We know that everyone wants to get a good look at the new resources available in RPG Maker MZ. Well, we can’t give you a good LOOK quite yet, but you can have a good LISTEN to a sample of the fantastic new music included with the maker. Check out our preview video below!

Time Progress Battle System!
RPG Maker MZ is adding two new options to the standard RPG Maker battle system. Now not only will you be able to switch between Front and Sideview, as you could in previous RPG Makers, but now, you’ll be able to switch between Turn Based, Time Progress (Active) and Time Progress (Wait). What does that mean?

It means you are no longer tied to a rigid turn based system! Every actor and enemy acts at their own speed. For a better look, check out our first RPG Maker MZ Skit video below! (and be on the lookout for some more teased features while you are there…)

Particle Animations!
The animations editor in RPG Maker always worked, but let’s be honest, it was a bit dated. Having to use clunky spritesheets for battle animations, especially with the limitations on the sprite sizes making it difficult to make great looking large effects, was just not very fun, or very versatile.

But that all changes with RPG Maker MZ.

Instead of using sprite sheets, we’re now moving to natively being able to import particle animations! Create your own effects in the powerful and free open source Particle Effect Creation Tool Effekseer

*Frame Rate, resolution, and color quality lowered in creating gif.

...and then take the *.efkefc file created and import it right into your RPG Maker MZ project.

From there you can change the angles, size, and speed of the animation with a few easy clicks in the Database. Layer in the sound effects and any screen or enemy flashes to add that extra little bit of spice, and your animation is done!

*Frame Rate, resolution, and color quality lowered in creating gif.

This new method brings animations to a whole new level. Never before have RPG Maker animations had this much potential and power. How will this evolve your projects?

This week, we’ve debuted the new built in battle systems, the new animations editor, and gave you a preview of the new music. What new treasures await next week? Tune in in 7 days, same time, same place to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I am not wowed because I ain't a animator. I was looking forward about the character editor. But the time progress system was interesting

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aw maaan, I can’t listen to music during work. What where you thinking? Why didn’t you foresee this ? Doesn’t anyone on the marketing team think about my special circumstances?

Seriously though. Animations look cool... but how will Pixel artist make pixely animations that work in MZ I wonder? And I have so many sprite sheets that i’ve Bought and paid for too...

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@masterkof I think one of the extra strengths of doing it this way is that it will be easier than ever for people to create and share animations, and import them into their games.

Sprite sheets were always hard to bring in and configure in the editor in comparison.

So I think for even someone who doesn't want to make animations, this will make it easier for them.

Des

timefantasy.net
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
American
Primarily Uses
N/A
So is there no way to use sprite sheets for animations at all? Particles aren't the best for things like specific we've seen in the past: sword slashes with shapes, or stuff like clocks, hourglasses, skulls, etc ... And what about animations in the pixel style? Is that just totally obsolete now?

xDRAGOONx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I enjoyed what I saw.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does it will have bust creator along with character creator?

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
@masterkof I think one of the extra strengths of doing it this way is that it will be easier than ever for people to create and share animations, and import them into their games.

Sprite sheets were always hard to bring in and configure in the editor in comparison.

So I think for even someone who doesn't want to make animations, this will make it easier for them.
I agreed with you about sprite sheets

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One of the things I hated the most in rm was making skill animations, but that is gonna change drastically apparently, it actually looks very fun to make them now!
And I'm thrilled to see what animations people will make, now we have no more excuses to neglect them.

That being said, I liked the video showing off the new battle system, hope that will be a sample game because it's well made, and to whoever made it, big kudos.

Music is pretty nice too and so is the RTP and the new UI (from what I can see).

So yeah again, I'm wowed so far.
Keep me wowed thanks.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I didn't like one of the songs..
Battle 7 i think?
I didn't like it lol.. so far that's my only major complaint >_<
Also annoyed with battlers just sliding back and forth, rather than walking.. i guess the plugin creators out there will probably have to come to the rescue there.
Then again, i'm more fond of over the shoulder battle systems where you see the player but you see them from behind.
I'm not sure about animations..
I'll have to try that software and get back to you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do you cure sleep problem? It has been 7 months and it's 3 AM now..
Darn you, Seals! Why do you gotta be so cute when on land?:kaoluv:
So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnthonyDewitt