RPG Maker MZ Preview #1: Music, Battles, Animations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJWebster

Too old for this ****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So we're all agreed @JosephSeraph needs to make some video tutorials on Effekseer for us all, yeah? ;) Seriously, awesome work so far!

A question for anyone who cares to answer, can you do tall sprites in the Character Generator? I get that I can add my own parts, but the RTP characters are usually 1 tile tall while I typically work with 2 tiles' height. If I add my own bases, clothes, etc that are two tiles tall, is the Generator okay with that?

If you can;t say for MZ, has anyonetried it with MV and what were their results?

Alost_Soulstone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes he does! cause this is day two of me trying to figure this out... I can make a basic poofer. I cannot figure out how people are getting to read sprite sheets in order to make an effect ><

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just want to know how much this is going to cost. As long as it is under $100 USD, I'd consider buying it.

Meike

||Telling Stories Through Games||
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MV was $80 and I can't imagine them doubling the price to $160, but I do think there will be a price increase as the improvements shown and hinted at so far are definitely worth a higher price. My gut rests at $120 as a fair price but I can see it being $100 as well. (or $99.99!)

Effekseer is awesome so far...tho I don't currently have a gif capture or anything installed on this computer, here's a screenshot that doesn't do my 'Blackhole' justice:
1593180365967.png
Still very basic with not much time learning the system, but I can see how this will be powerful and so much more fun to make your own effects. They may be eh effects but I'd rather do this than muck with MV's animation editor.

RastaMan

Grouchy Mountain Dwarf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well, if you ask me, i just hope for regional prices, because ruble in last few months are kinda collapsed a bit and now even food are more expensive, than before...

Last edited:

Gregaur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it me or all the new features in Battle Sytem were created 2 or 3 years ago with plugin ?

It still improvement according to RMMV vanilla but, not very new if you already have all the yanfly library

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@Holder - EXACTLY! This! This is the thing that will decide weather I buy MZ or not.... I want to know this too? How much trouble am I going to have using tile assets smaller than 48x without having to resize them? :/ .... still waiting though.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it me or all the new features in Battle Sytem were created 2 or 3 years ago with plugin ?

It still improvement according to RMMV vanilla but, not very new if you already have all the yanfly library
So? Side view battles were also a thing you could add with scripts in VX/Ace before MV added them. I don't get why people keep acting like the fact that it could be done with scripts/plugins makes it somehow bad or not noteworthy that they added it.

Last edited:

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do we know what the Tile size is yet? If it's changeable? (like 32x32/48x48/64x64)
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet.
I don't believe it's been stated explicity, but Touchfuzzy did say that MV tiles would be compatible, so it's assumed it's 48x48 also.

Gregaur

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
french
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So? Side view battles were also a thing you could add with scripts in VX/Ace before MV added them.
Maybe, I arrived with RMMV. The fact that it was native on RMMV change a lot of thing (well mostly in the Generator part).

I feel that, this change, compare to it is a bit light. I mean, why not include more feature that was created in RMMZ ? like STB, or action sequence.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Maybe, I arrived with RMMV. The fact that it was native on RMMV change a lot of thing (well mostly in the Generator part).

I feel that, this change, compare to it is a bit light. I mean, why not include more feature that was created in RMMZ ? like STB, or action sequence.
It's important to note that plugins made from developers is not official. I understand you are used to fanmade plugins, especially when everyone has been experiencing it since XP, but you shouldn't expect the official developer (in this case, KADOKAWA/Ojima) to just implement plugins or idea people have created. They have a very specific vision and design tenant for RM in mind.

Last edited:

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Wavelength Yeah Active doesn't wait, wait waits. :B it is indeed, what it says on the tin.
Hey now, it sounds obvious, but it could have meant a lot of different things, especially if what we were looking at was Active mode (e.g. 'Wait' could require the whole party to build their ATB's up, or it could mean they had to Wait a certain amount of time to act after choosing a command)! :p

In any case, I'm super glad to hear that Active mode indeed allows enemies to act even while you're browsing menus - that will open up so many fun adrenaline-fueled combat systems!

Please give my compliments to whichever designer specified that both Active and Wait modes should be available natively - that was incredibly smart.

There are 120 animations built in in MZ.
120 sounds like quite a solid base to start from; definitely enough for beginners who don't want to play around with making their own. I'm really glad the answer wasn't something like '37'.

Thanks kindly, for answering what you were able to! :)

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As people sound worried about plugin etc

I do feel thats they will do change but not going renaming all the class etc (it was the same with most of the class from ace to mv) so it will be just some func name changing and the rewritting of core if i am guessing correctly.

So tbh i think many plugin dev will be able to port their plugins pretty easily.

Of coursd the big change will be how the graphics works becausd of pixi and effeekseer

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
As people sound worried about plugin etc

I do feel thats they will do change but not going renaming all the class etc (it was the same with most of the class from ace to mv) so it will be just some func name changing and the rewritting of core if i am guessing correctly.

So tbh i think many plugin dev will be able to port their plugins pretty easily.

Of coursd the big change will be how the graphics works becausd of pixi and effeekseer
As long as Yanfly stuff is officially converted I'll be happy

WesdrasLink

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Very good so far, but i'm worried, i want to know if we have the ability to change Tile Sizes, is the main thing for me, i don't want to be stuck in 48x48 in the map editor, but so far so good, i really looking towards MZ, i wishilisted on steam already =P

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is weird. In effekseer my animation loops seamlessly, but in rpg maker it doesn't.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
@BCj - do you mean in the showcase vid? Archeia updated the vid a few pages up in the thread, the animations look better now. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.
Doing anything that yield good result in the long run is like sowing seeds. With proper care, they will grow and bear fruits. I'm excited for tomorrow. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twilightprincess