RPG Maker MZ Preview #1: Music, Battles, Animations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alost_Soulstone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Have a big question! in MV it was limited how many "status" animations I could have. I don't know how to expand the sheet as some managed to do. Will MZ allow more animated status effect overlays? (Poison,Sleep,ext) without having to try and edit the default sheet and try and force it to read more?

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think it all looks good. However, will there be an option to have traditional menus? The current setup seems like it's geared for mobile phones which is good for mobile phones, but I think traditional menus like in the previous RPG Maker products would best be suited for PCs etc IMO.

Attachments

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That being said, I liked the video showing off the new battle system, hope that will be a sample game because it's well made, and to whoever made it, big kudos.
It's the return of @Archeia 's RTP hero skits from back when we released MV. I'm sure she will be happy to hear you liked it.

The continuation of the Degica backroom headcanon of all our heroes.

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm liking some of the music; very nice! I've never used Effekseer so I might have to look at it.
It looks like we might get bust portraits for all of the characters. That would be cool!

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok you've teased us enough, we need the release date :p

I think it all looks good. However, will there be an option to have traditional menus? The current setup seems like it's geared for mobile phones which is good for mobile phones, but I think traditional menus like in the previous RPG Maker products would best be suited for PCs etc IMO.
If there isn't it's not that much of an issue, I'm sure there will be plugins for that.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy I just watched the battle video and got one more question, should we understand that summons and battle weather are part of the default options ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like the new environmental graphics. Not a huge fan of the character sets but that's not a big deal. LOVE the music- it somehow even exceeded my expectations. I dig the new default battle system. Im excited to see what programmers will be able to do with it. Animation system looks super cool and I could see myself spending ours on just that.

Can't wait to see more.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Also, on the music, there is both medieval fantasy tracks as well as more modern tracks. I really liked the variety in there.
Can you tell us if they're more music tracks in MZ than in MV?
The advertisement on the website did said we're going to have a huge library of resources, so I am curious.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
From the effekseer site:
The 3D effects can be exported as 2D images

That looks like a classic RPG Maker animation sheet. Is import also supported?
The gif touchfuzzy showed and how smooth the animation clearly shows that it's the effekseer file. If it was spritesheet it'd be too massive.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I didn't like one of the songs..
Battle 7 i think?
I didn't like it lol.. so far that's my only major complaint >_<
I was the person to select the music we previewed, and I'll admit that I really like Battle7. I did waffle on putting it in the preview though, because I think it has a pretty divisive sound. I did tell the person who made the video to not lead with Battle7 just because it is such an aggressive song.

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Consider me wowed! :kaoback:I was wondering about Effseeker, but to see it actually integrated into this engine...OH MY! Built in ATB and the new music is pretty good too. But really that animation tab!

X'DDD Also Harold is right, Reid's face is a cutie. He's the young teen hero in the bunch and I want to pinch his cheeks.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My only complaint is, the sound effect for the menu hurts.

Aside from that, well...
Time to learn Effekseer I guess :D

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The gif touchfuzzy showed and how smooth the animation clearly shows that it's the effekseer file. If it was spritesheet it'd be too massive.
Yeah, my question was more about...

Can you import an animation sheet from RPG Maker MV to effekseer, then export to effekseer file? As a way of porting old animations I mean.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I was the person to select the music we previewed, and I'll admit that I really like Battle7. I did waffle on putting it in the preview though, because I think it has a pretty divisive sound. I did tell the person who made the video to not lead with Battle7 just because it is such an aggressive song.
It sounds too much like dubstep in some ways.. and i have a profound hatred for dubstep lol

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm sure I don't need to ask, but can we assume everything we saw in the Battle System video (including the menu) is done without plugins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it
So I need to come up with quite a few action sequences.
Was stressing about this plugin earlier, but pretty happy with how its looking now! Purple makes it pop more too!! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ssven10k