RPG Maker MZ Preview #1: Music, Battles, Animations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I also REALLY love the music selection they decided to showcase on the Tkool website as well.
It sounds amazing.
That said, i'll make my own music.
I've gotten really good at using DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations) and i'm planning to buy Super Audio Cart one of these days lol

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are you part of the beta tester or coders?
I though the FAQ said there were no one on English side.
I am just curious.
No, but I've been using Effekseer to create my MV animations lately.
While you can create sprite sheets from animations, the other way around is not an option.
Well, you can use pictures but you'd still need to actually create the whole animation sequence from there.

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses

xein

A stranger in a strange world
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
While you can create sprite sheets from animations, the other way around is not an option.
Well, you can use pictures but you'd still need to actually create the whole animation sequence from there.

Nice.
Then we may still have a workaround to implement those animation sheets. Even if we had to corp and make them individual pictures.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since I didn't say it before, I'll say it now that the page with the cover art characters has been linked:
MZ's cover/banner art is gorgeous. It reminds me of some of Falcom's intro cutscenes (no, not just because I'm hyped for Ys IX).
That full image on the Japanese site for MZ (https://tkool.jp/mz/) especially, it's beautiful.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Thank you for the infos, nice to have a long time user of the software around :kaopride:

dragoonwys

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With some effort, you can turn your Old MV sprite sheet animations into pictures, recreate the animation in Effseeker and export it as the animation file. So technically speaking those animation packs are not going to waste, just the wrong format.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Anyway, it's like 4am here, and we still have new resource pack releases in 9 hours. So I'm going to have to head out for the night. I'll try to answer the questions I can in the morning.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Anyway, it's like 4am here, and we still have new resource pack releases in 9 hours. So I'm going to have to head out for the night. I'll try to answer the questions I can in the morning.
Stay safe and rest well

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The easier solution for those who want to use animation spritesheets in MZ is to simply create a plugin for that. It shouldn't be too hard.

Honestly this is the solution for people who want to continue to use sprite sheets for animations. I'm pretty sure we'll see someone make a plugin for it not long after release.

MZ by default supports only Particle Animations.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Very nice Cover Art characters.
And Walter best antagonist, I'm gonna add him somewhere.
:MV3:

IMG_20200625_105913.jpg

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*Stand up*
*Clap hands*
*Shed tears*

The main character, Reid, is legit an isekai gender bender hero from the modern world? I have faith now if it's canon ~

Last edited:

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The easier solution for those who want to use animation spritesheets in MZ is to simply create a plugin for that. It shouldn't be too hard.

That's actually the option that I'm considering for the Attacker Animation, especially since I want to create animation for Hero Battlers in the same way that was possible on RMXP and (with the help of script programming) on VX Ace. Not to mention, I want to do Summons. However, for other animations, the particle system will do the trick; even exploding rocks should be possible through the particle system.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Music is good enough. Seems to be a mix of fantasy and modern, which is good.

But those menus doesn't look good at all! While I doubt it, it would be nice if there's a simple checkbox for removing all those ugly "backwards" arrows and hamburger menu because even if it's possible to click them with the mouse (I assume) I don't think it adds anything... and it looks, like someone else said, like those "ugly mobile menus".

Well, eventually we'll get plugins and stuff for sure but I'm a bit disappointed in the menu's shown as they look super bland and boring.

Well, I guess we'll at least don't have to worry about there not being an export to mobile option. There must be since they menus are obviously made with mobile as a priority, desktop second.

Jitsu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This SV Battlers with this not optimized Backgrounds lets my eyes bleed.. again..

Need other Backgrounds for SV Battler. This can't be.. its like a Joke. Look this Steampage Screenshot. The Stone Tiles are so huge, the Battler act like dwarfs..

The Particle effects are cool. Hope they have a good use on the Map too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Celebrating a milestone over at Twitter
Sneak peak of my upcoming update! Who's holding her, you may ask? Find out tonight!
10.PNG
BCj
Finished another GUI! Turn indicator wasn't made by me.

ff981f8dc50b03cf58038c644334b454.jpg

3cb092fdc00087acfa0a190fd891f0ed.jpg
Added a small refining scene to my game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yhiriend