RPG Maker MZ Preview #1: Music, Battles, Animations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't had a chance to mess around with Effekseer yet but I am 99% sure there is a way to make pixel style particle animations. I imagine it would just be a totally different way of approaching the creation of said animations and probably has a few downsides since you'd basically be needing to create a 2D illusion in 3D space which is 100% possible, it's just whether or not this program makes this process possible or not but honestly it's mostly just a factor of creating the right building blocks for the tower you are building so to speak.
If you really want to, Effeksser can also be used in 2D mode.

I wish Degica would conform (sooner rather than later) if we’ll be able to port our MV projects to MZ on day one. And not manually, but with some kind of converter like the one we got for VxAce to MV. If it’s possible, I think this is vital info for a lot of us...
I'd say a complete port is very unlikely, plugins and animations wouldn't be compatible for once (and that's just from what we know so far).

AkiraKotatsuhime

炬燵姫
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
DE / ドイツ語
Primarily Uses
N/A
Have been using Effekseer for a while recently since the leaks popped up. Don't know how this (see attachment) will look in RPGMZ, but this is basically how pre-rendered sheets (stopped counting how many I created already, it goes into the thousands) that simply animate from start to end can be set up on a single-particle-emitter. And if you use effects that are pixelated, you can turn off filtering (it may be difficult to find out how to scale properly to not make it look ugly).

But still, I expect it to be way harder to create animations in Effekseer put together like it was done up to RPGMV. I don't fully recommend to do that. The better workaround for such cases might be to create a plugin that can read the MV format and build your stuff in this one instead (IF you already bought MV anyway).

As for myself, I am very excited that thanks to MZ I finally found a crazygood tool for effects that is both up-to-date and not-expensive-as-hell.

Attachments

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dalph
You just don't like the RTP graphics because they're all missing villain mustaches. Think how much better all of the characters would be, and all of the tiles for that matter if they had those. :LZSwink:

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ImaginaryVillain
I always thought that you don't like it because you can't add all your rainbows, sparkles and glitter to it, balloonhead sprites are not fabulous enough for your tastes.

I'm the kind of person that is like: Give me some resources and I try to make them look good. So I'm very flexible with graphic tastes.
Recently I learned pixel-art and to make my own stuff, but I still enjoy the default resources, they are the core of rm after all.
And consider this: the RTP style will be the one with the most add-ons made by the community (for several obvious reasons I won't state).

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dalph
Oh ye of little faith, I can totally add particles, and animations to the RTP stuff. Make them all pretty and stuff... :kaopride: But why? I mean I've got 52,000+ PVGames assets, and my own art as well. :LZSwink: Though if I had more free time I did consider making one crazy map with the RTP stuff.... It probably wouldn't take all that long actually, I mean I could just stuff them into my random generator and watch the fun. I might do that just to see. :popcorn:

Definitely solid to get into pixel art if you like messing with it. Custom art is sooooo much more expensive than the other possible resources. So being able to make your own stuff is worth it's weight in RM gold. :LZSexcite: Personally while I can do pixel art... I er... don't like making it. Not enough sparkles. :LZSskeptic:

Kuu_t

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One thing, I'm very curious about is the default sprite size of new engine. The more I can do without plugins, the better.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't really look at the updates yet since I have to go to work, but daaaaang look at that SEXY animation editor! I love it!

SOC

Be your own hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sideview ATB YESSSS! It feels like I'm a 13 year old discovering RM2k3 all over again. So excited! Thank you so, so much for this!

So with the new animations system, is it impossible to use sprite sheets like older RMs? Or are the 3D particles compatable with sprite sheets? It looked like they were still being used in the video.

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally, some information to sink our teeth into! I had a feeling the 8GB minimum engine requirement had something to do with the new animation system.

rafaelleon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Judging by the battle intro, it seems like using character busts will be easier... right? Or are those just regular images?

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HalcyonDaze I beg to differ. Effekseer is pretty lightweight. :D

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Overlord of Memes)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally, some information to sink our teeth into! I had a feeling the 8GB minimum engine requirement had something to do with the new animation system.
8GB is probably the Recommended Requirements, just like with MV.
They simply put it there as a placeholder for now, it's definitely not the Minimum.

MV needs 8GB too to run flawlessly, especially with big maps and many complex events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
Super stoked i just finished my first town in my project, by finished i mean i can always add more decorative aesthetics and the NPCs don't talk yet but the mapping is complete and all the important chess pieces are present!
My brain: Hey, I have an idea how to make the transition to the main story quest in The Wastes more natural!
Me: Good!
My brain: You need to remake the hotel you start out in, it's not realistic enough.
Me: Ok... This was unexpected, but I can do it.
My brain: Now make each hotel floor 5 times as large to match the main part. Oh, you also need to make a bunch of new npcs to fill in the space on these maps.
Me: Crap.
Should be able to release Haxe MV/MZ next weekend.
It look that somehow MZ tracks are messed up (for example battle4 is obviously a theme, castle2 is a ship, ship1 is a scene and so on..). Maybe they just named them after with some ambiguity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightnvs