RPG Maker MZ, Preview #2: Graphics, Mapping, Eventing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aesica
1. Yes, it's Javascript. Confirmed by Aluxes in this video.
2. Still chibis. You can seem them in action in the Time Progress Battle video.
3. Tiles will indeed be 48x48, as again confirmed by Aluxes in this video. No news on the icons yet, but I'd assume it's 32x32.
Aah thanks, wonderful on all accounts except for the chibis, which only adds emphasis to the fact that I need to like, get with it and either stretch the current generator parts to dark fantasy size or find some good tall battlers with more than just a few costume bits.

That first video shows some interesting mapping, and I hope it makes mountaincrafting as easy as it appears to. Making mountains in MV (or any multi-elevation map) is really tiring and is one of the reasons I hate mapping so much.

Definitely need this when it comes out. :D

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does this mean that some animals such as pigs may have a default SV battle sprite?
Considering it's pretty much the same number of SV battlers that we have in MV, I wouldn't count on it.

myenemy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to know the new EULA. I guess it's likely about the same as MV's, but there were vague terms in it, which worried me.
Also, I want to know about the exporting, if it changed or it was the same. MV's main selling points was the indirect export to mobile devices, but the tutorial became deprecated as soon as it was released.
There are other ways, though.
I like that buff stack feature, and I'm curious about that character transform scene, because I was developing a while ago a morphing plugin.
Then again, about layer editor... Well, it's always a nice thing to have and I missed it a lot on VX on, but using default rtp you won't have so much need of a need to use layers when VX already did it fine enough and it just went going better. Of course it all depends on how you plan to use it, hiding stuff like that chest, is usually better doing so with layers, for example.
I'm eager to see how did database change, too, because they have been quite in secrecy with it. Each iteration has great new features, and some loss from earlier.

Just read that it will be JS again. I'm glad I won't have to do that much to adapt my plugin scripts, but I'm already hyped to see what changes are there in data and js folders to see if I can make some early plugins...

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I hope we get that high-res full character art. I love game character art, and that includes RPG Maker "RTP"! I think the DS pack had some high-res monster art, and the Samurai Pack had high-res portrait art and monster art I think, that was really neat.

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
since I know quasis wouldn't come back for MZ I was tempted to port his plugins to MZ he had a lots of usefull stuff. + got his permission to port his stuff in the past.
@nio kasgami it would be absolutly amazing if you'd bring Quasi's plugins to MZ! They are amazing.

All in all I'm really excited to see the first few months of the new engine and the plugins and resources that come from it! =) And quite fittingly I'll have time to get back into game making around autumn! YAY.

Zeldashu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A quick question, is MZ unavailable on Windows 7 and below? And does MZ really need 8GB of RAM?

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
A quick question, is MZ unavailable on Windows 7 and below? And does MZ really need 8GB of RAM?
I'd go as far as to say that the editor itself will probably run with less RAM and older Windows versions as long as they're 64 bits editions, but you may have performance issues, especially in games. It's also hard to measure as it's not the same a project without plugins than one full of them running in the background plus lots of parallel processes, in map events and big maps. Though if you already have MV and it runs fine, I imagine a similar situation.
Minimum requeriments are usually a bit over the real minimum so that they can be sure it'll run without problems.

Zeldashu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd go as far as to say that the editor itself will probably run with less RAM and older Windows versions as long as they're 64 bits editions, but you may have performance issues, especially in games. It's also hard to measure as it's not the same a project without plugins than one full of them running in the background plus lots of parallel processes, in map events and big maps. Though if you already have MV and it runs fine, I imagine a similar situation.
Minimum requeriments are usually a bit over the real minimum so that they can be sure it'll run without problems.
Thanks for the answer, that sounds like good news.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Aah thanks, wonderful on all accounts except for the chibis, which only adds emphasis to the fact that I need to like, get with it and either stretch the current generator parts to dark fantasy size or find some good tall battlers with more than just a few costume bits.
I've you manage to get the SV actors stretched/redrawn to DF size, do tell. I've been thinking about looking to find people to overhaul & continue my Tall Body Project (see sig) which creates Dark Fantasy sized sprites (but so far no SV actors yet) for a generator.

Who knows, maybe the RMZ launch can be used to finally get a more mature DF-based generator base fully working, for people who don't want chibis.

TheKeeper

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Will MZ have a built-in ABS?

Aotaru

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Touch, i know you can't talk about a concrete release date, but can you at least tell us if it will be release prior to my birthday (End of October) so i can tell my relatives to absolutely gift it to me?

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Touch, i know you can't talk about a concrete release date, but can you at least tell us if it will be release prior to my birthday (End of October) so i can tell my relatives to absolutely gift it to me?
If it doesn't get delayed, it's releasing in someday in Summer 2020 for the Northern Hemisphere which means before September 22nd.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
speaking of game

@Touchfuzzy do you think horror is still a very popular genre for the rpg maker community and if yes do you think having a toolset focussed on horror genre would be a nice to have as plugins?

(I am curious if people would be interested if I was deving plugins related for this)

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know. I've always been confused by the horror RPG Maker obsession to be honest. (there was only one horror RM game that I really liked, which was Witch's House).

So since I never understood it in the first place, I've never followed the trend enough to know if it is still popular.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
(I am curious if people would be interested if I was deving plugins related for this)
Personally, I think it's a popular niche as always, but also, these games tend to be extremely shallow mechanically and you don't need a plugin to do this:

1594071228592.png

Also I'm not sure such a toolset would be financially sustainable as I think the age group for RM horror games is a tad younger than average but I'm pulling this "data" from thin air empirical envidence only

But yeah IDK, making little tools tailored specifically to enhance horror games shouldn't be that time consuming, on the other hand. Just poll the community and gauge interest, I think it'd be great but I also really have nooooo idea what a "horror plugin" would be like lmao (other than visual effects or simplified menus i guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

And then I figured out a way to doing a "regular animation" that's affected by PIXI particles. So now each frame of the animation gets particle effects. Soon my dreams of a world without QSprite will be realized. :kaopride:
Currently every NPC in my RPG gets a name, its kinda useless to name all, but Its also cool, somehow.
Biggest prob is to come up with different names. xD
I'm back from my visit to my family. Was really great to see them again after a year even if I had to get tested for covid for the visit.
Procrastination at it's finest.
annnnd after 2 days lol... and I still feel I need to work out a few kinks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PiszkosBill