RPG Maker MZ, Preview #2: Graphics, Mapping, Eventing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Post breakdown as I poured over it:
-MOVE PICTURE TWEENING...The era of visual novel style portraits & Tales-style cut-ins arises!!!

-The button stuff sounds sooo useful, especially for eventing puzzle stuff.

-The update to move route preview is a HUGE improvement too! The little dots are so elegant! The square lightup was a little utilitarian in Trinity this just Looks Good

-The TILESETS LOOK SO NICE...I am Looking at the grass in the water...the properly proportioned barrels...It just looks good. I forgot what it was like to just sit in tiles that look nice.

-First off. The sprites look GREAT, which matches how unique, fresh, and striking the character designs are. I think the bane of any fantasy character pack is the Horny Ooze that coats a lot of it (see; FES, MV face characters) but these designs. I am also like *_______* at getting fullbodies AND portraits. New and fresh!

-40 Battlers? 120 characters...I'm guessing we get a bigger kit that accomodates for SF characters? Or maybe more regions...

-Oh my god the closer look at the TILESETS OHHHHHH MY GOD... Everything I'm seeing in these tiles except water (I preferred the deep, rich subtle detail of MV's, best part about it) I am thrilled by and the water I can just copy-paste anyway. Even the grass looks nicer.

-Doesn't MV have 31 tileset sheets as well? But I feel like there's some extra punch to them. That's...less encouraging. :/ ...but they look so nice...........Same number of Title screens (I think less, actually?) But I don't really care about that.

-25 weapons [shaking]

-Button set :D idk what it is but I like it

-Same amount of sound content (this is to be expected, good)

-Does..."More RTP than any other" refer to the characters only.......??????

-THREAD ADDENDUM: THE ISEKAI ACTORS OH MY GOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD THE WIIIIIIIITTTTCHH
-FULLBODIES OF COVER ART CHARACTERS...Tabitha your pinstripe trousers. Queen

Thank you for the adrenalin but now I am going back to pessimism about the tileset range. If they have the same amount of tiles as MV...does that not mean...there's less content, forgoing some things to squeeze a larger range of items? Unless they've been bumped into character sheets (eg for big ol trees), it feels a little um. Not great.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And a price.
And a prerelease date, if there is one.
And an order button.
And just release it already.

@Touchfuzzy will the mapping system allow me to draw stuff on one layer, then copy or cut, and paste it to a different layer?

Oh - checking the jp site ... that ability to drag the map where you want it (hinted at but not explained fully in this thread) within the same 'level' will be wonderful! No more dragging every map onto the parent to fix the order just because one is in the wrong place!
1. that is a good question and I'll check (the copy paste one)

2. Yeah it was one of those things that is like "oh that is a nice convenience feature" but is hard to explain what it means without images, and I didn't have time to make EN images for that one.

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I think they got me... I'm in. Move Route preview is soooo useful, but I think it would be better to set a move route like this, not just preview it.... But we'll se. Also quick icon-buttons on the upper panel for changing layers would be better than drop-down list... And love new animals sprites!!!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, I think they got me... I'm in. Move Route preview is soooo useful, but I think it would be better to set a move route like this, not just preview it.... But we'll se. Also quick icon-buttons on the upper panel for changing layers would be better than drop-down list...
You can also switch them with a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Tab rotates through them) much faster.

SigmaSuccour

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Urdu, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The faces on those busts...
We can make exactly those in the character generator, no? :D
Does that mean we could push the faces we create (using the generator), onto the busts and they would fit?
(Hope this makes sense.)

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On the plus side, whoever makes a pixel movement plugin can just hijack the move route preview. Though I suspect that's a plugin that I'll either have to make myself or wait a long time for someone else to make. :kaoswt:

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would be interested to know more bout the eventing since I'm an eventer~

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also it isn't visible in the gif I did because I cropped, but on the bottom bar, it will tell you what layer you are currently working on, or if you are in Automatic mode.

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yay! My guess was right about having busts for all the RTP characters! And we get full portraits for them all as well.
I am officially wowed! :LZSexcite::LZSexcite::LZSexcite:

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Post breakdown as I poured over it:
-MOVE PICTURE TWEENING...The era of visual novel style portraits & Tales-style cut-ins arises!!!

-The button stuff sounds sooo useful, especially for eventing puzzle stuff.

-The update to move route preview is a HUGE improvement too! The little dots are so elegant! The square lightup was a little utilitarian in Trinity this just Looks Good

-The TILESETS LOOK SO NICE...I am Looking at the grass in the water...the properly proportioned barrels...It just looks good. I forgot what it was like to just sit in tiles that look nice.

-First off. The sprites look GREAT, which matches how unique, fresh, and striking the character designs are. I think the bane of any fantasy character pack is the Horny Ooze that coats a lot of it (see; FES, MV face characters) but these designs. I am also like *_______* at getting fullbodies AND portraits. New and fresh!

-40 Battlers? 120 characters...I'm guessing we get a bigger kit that accomodates for SF characters? Or maybe more regions...

-Oh my god the closer look at the TILESETS OHHHHHH MY GOD... Everything I'm seeing in these tiles except water (I preferred the deep, rich subtle detail of MV's, best part about it) I am thrilled by and the water I can just copy-paste anyway. Even the grass looks nicer.

-Doesn't MV have 31 tileset sheets as well? But I feel like there's some extra punch to them. That's...less encouraging. :/ ...but they look so nice...........Same number of Title screens (I think less, actually?) But I don't really care about that.

-25 weapons [shaking]

-Button set :D idk what it is but I like it

-Same amount of sound content (this is to be expected, good)

-Does..."More RTP than any other" refer to the characters only.......??????

-THREAD ADDENDUM: THE ISEKAI ACTORS OH MY GOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD THE WIIIIIIIITTTTCHH
-FULLBODIES OF COVER ART CHARACTERS...Tabitha your pinstripe trousers. Queen

Thank you for the adrenalin but now I am going back to pessimism about the tileset range. If they have the same amount of tiles as MV...does that not mean...there's less content, forgoing some things to squeeze a larger range of items? Unless they've been bumped into character sheets (eg for big ol trees), it feels a little um. Not great.
I have been wondering about the tileset range as well, especially since MV Trinity had 8 different themes/genres going for it. I'll admit that the MZ tilesets look way better than the MV tilesets, but I was wondering if there will only be 31 tileset sheets for MZ or if there are plans to have more than that for MZ from Kadokawa?

EseQueL

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great new RTP.
Though I am worried that the layered map means games will now be slower on phone?

MajinSonic

CupHog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
You have one problem. New features are sooo hyped and... Well.. they're not that hot. ButtonStuff was able in MV, too. MoveRoute preview is nice.
Portraits for characters no one should use (because standard and stuff). RTP... Well I don't like is since VX. XP RTP was the best in my opinion.
MapLayers are not a new announcement. But I don't like that layer switching is only possible with this dropdownmenu. How about shortcuts? Even 2k(3) has them.

And many more? Seriously? Those marketing plans are just to go on everyones nerves.

actually no one should support that...

Plueschkatze

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok, I'm glad layers are truely a thing. Love it!
The changes to eventing are all LOVELY. I'm so happy about those! Thank you! <3

Also great to hear that we get so many new tiles, bgm and other assets!
Would have been interesting to know how many assets the character creator will have. X'D

So far MZ looks like a great upgraded version of MV. Can't wait for the rest of the announcements. =3

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am legit crying.. Especially at the view mode movement..
This is exactly everything I need! When is the release date?

dyoghenes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So according to the main and steam site and the announcements of this week and last week, the next reveal is going to be the character generator and the plugin features... And after that, there is nothing else listed. Maybe release date is sooner than expected, @Touchfuzzy ?

Also for those who say that there should be some kind of shortcut for the layers. There is:
You can also switch them with a keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Tab rotates through them) much faster.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
thought about doing a Kasey spritesheet to see if I could bait anyone into animating her on DragonBones because i can't get that program im a thickhead

but that's it i only THOUGHT i wasn't able to do it. i'm tired and this would take a hell of a lot longer than i can afford -_-

still the intention is there Kasey i love u queen
1593677920799.png

edit: look at that sneaky Mercedes ponytail i was using as reference sjdjekjfhkjsdskfdjhsdkfjhsdfkjhsdfkjhsdfsdfsdffsdsdffsdfsd

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Events and the player are now selectable locations for the Get Location Info command! Easily determine the Terrain Tag or Region ID of the tile the character or an event is standing on.
Could we have a screenshot of this please?
I am not sure that I understand this well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

• Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm slightly disappointed that the MZ codebase still uses core.js, managers.js, objects.js, scenes.js, sprites.js and windows.js instead of core/Bitmap.js, core/Graphics.js, managers/AudioManager.js, managers/DataManager.js, etc...
    just a few more hours until the toughest, most pressure 72 hours of my life, wish me luck guys
    Working on some bosses for my game-
    His tracks are always so wonderful.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Meowthsa