RPG Maker MZ, Preview #2: Graphics, Mapping, Eventing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy
There’s one thing I really want to know now...

Can I copy/paste maps from inside an MV project to a new MZ project? Alternatively, can I transfer MV’s “mapXYZ” files from the MV data folder into the MZ data folder and retain some kind of information?

Is this something you can speak about yet? :kaohi:

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
*looks at the easier mapping and drools* Also this is the best cast of a RPG Maker so far, no lies. I think I can finally retire XP now that mapping won't be a pain anymore. That moveroute thing has my mouth watering too.

Also I'm marrying that lich reaper battler thing, baiiii.

Last edited:

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I am not really in bust but I want more information about generator parts

CrasheR

PastaLaVista
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will program put all RTP in new project like in MV? I hate when i have to remove all these files manualy, cuz "remove unused" not always work. :/

I would like to have only things I need in my project.

meowengine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So it's possible to put transparent A1 water tiles on a higher layer and some cliff tiles on a lower layer to emphasize the water depth all within the editor? These are the kind of unconventional possibilities that I'm here for!

Eliaquim

Hakuen Studio
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nice changes!! Very nice, I like it a lot!

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad we're finally getting the visible move route thing. Wish those map screenshots were bigger. The mapping layer is nice, but everything is still stuck on a grid, so it's not as cool as say Yanfly's Doodads. Still, it'll really help a lot of people make more detailed maps.

The biggest draw for me is the generator. I really want to see what new parts we're getting.

Last edited:

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad we're finally getting the visible move route thing. Wish those map screenshots were bigger. The mapping layer is nice, but everything is still stuck on a grid, so it's not as cool as say Yanfly's Doodads. Still it'll really help a lot of people make more detailed maps.

The biggest draw for me is the generator. I really want to see what new parts we're getting.
I am still hoping that there will be some kind of 3D Wizardry game-like feature like the scripts that VX and VX Ace have.

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love the QoL changes. That'll make life easier!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Touchfuzzy Are you able to say anything yet about how default assets are, or are not, loaded into a new game? One of the things I like about VX Ace is that you can chose to have no default assets added so that you can import only those assets that you are actually going to use, whereas with MV you have the lot and then have to go through the hassle of getting rid of what you don't want. Such a nuisance. It would be good if it were more like the Ace system.
Thanks

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Kes I never actually had the desire to test this, but I always assumed that one could remove whatever you didn't want in the 'new data' folder (after remembering to back it up obviously!), and that then any new project you create would not contain those unwanted assets. Is this not the case?

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, I'm in. Just give me a price, and I'm set. Me and MZ are gonna get along just fine.

animesock52

A.K.A. Socks
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
That rtp is insane. :kaoback:120! Even if they are variations.....that amount of work is nuts. I mean this engine is gonna be an absolute steal in assets.

As someone who liked doing edits for vnm, I'm really excited for the full bodies. I'm gonna have fun editing these :kaopride:may try making some cutscenes images too.

I'm wowed :3 this is what I wanted to see. I'm buying it! It's done it's decided.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Why does this have to come out when I have no hope of buying it. So devestated, because it is so beautiful! Maybe one day. lol

LeetMusic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Does anyone know what programming language it uses? It looks very nice but it also means plugins don't work anymore.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@jonthefox I'm not sure, as in the end I decided not to use MV for a number of reasons, including this one. But I have seen a lot of threads over the years of people having difficulties excluding what they don't want and complaining about file bloat, so I wonder if it is as simple as that. It might be, and it's just that people didn't realise, but then again it might not be. I simply don't know. Even if it is, that method is still a lot more work than 10 seconds work on the .ini file

Rogue Milk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Wow, it's too good to be true. But it is. Amazing. Just let me buy already, pls.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
At least the modern set isn’t just variants on school uniforms. Although it leaves me to wonder if a sci-fi variation might be DLC.

The move route visual is definitely a necessity. But with that said, I am curious if there’s a way to see event codes in a more organized manner, like collapsible labels.

So 1_3 to 1_4 are monks?

So I noticed that 40 SV Actors likely means we’d have ten “classes” or outfits again so to speak. And one of the actor sprites will only have half of them be SV actors again.

Nolonar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know what programming language it uses? It looks very nice but it also means plugins don't work anymore.
Probably still JavaScript.

Touchfuzzy said the plugins won't work because the core MZ scripts will be very different from the ones in MV. If they had changed the scripting language, it wouldn't matter how much they changed the core scripts.

To put it in a way that non-devs would understand:

The core scripts are like a book. Plugins are like additional pages that say: "On page x, line y, make the changes z".
Obviously, when you rewrite the whole book, even if you use the same language, most plugins would be incompatible.

That's, of course, oversimplified. Window_Base is still Window_Base, and we make changes to Window_Base, not rpg_windows.js line 10. But it's enough if they change "opacity" and "contentsOpacity" to "backgroundOpacity" and "foregroundOpacity", and all plugins that manipulate those variables would already stop working as intended.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Enjoying my weekend at home to stay Covid free. How is everyone else doing?
If you enjoy speed mapping for RPG Maker MV check out my YouTube Channel. My latest video includes custom made tiles which makes a simple map look dynamic!

Check out my short game Hikari's World! : Chapter I, on itch.io/games.
An actual dwarf with an actual axe is not so fascinating as the fantasy counterpart...
I'm so back and forth on pre-ording MZ. I can totally wait for a better deal down the road (since I don't need the extras and waiting to see how YEP plugins turn out) but there's something about the fun in playing with "a new toy".
:rheh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkyfat