RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
? am I missing something? cause I use rectangles in Character-sets all the time.
I make sprites that fit in the generator pretty regularly. Rectangles are not generator-compatible.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
That's why I don't ever use the generator, I only use taller characters. This is also why I'm sad that the battle sprites have a hard size restriction instead of the flexible one like the walking sprites.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MadRamDesigns Yeeeah, nah. Having been involved in some of the discussions involving the tile size, I can say that idea has literally never been even suggested by anyone inside the dev team or Degica.

Personally, from my experience, no one on the dev team or Degica thinks that way at all. We don't always 100% agree on everything, but it is almost always about the best user experience and our perspectives on it, or about increase in user experience compared to man hours (basically if we have X man hours, where do we put them to make the most impact), and not about manipulating sales.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay I'm done

♥♥♥WENDY TIME♥♥♥
Facesets (based on Essentials Add-On's array)
facesets.png
Enemy battler (Remember way back in the first or second thread when I mentioned the direction-lock was something that bothered me and a potential fix was to simply make 2 different heads. Well I practice what I preach)
w_front_enemy.png
w_side_enemy.png
Battler (slightly higher res. I don't know how big the enemies are in MZ.)
w_front_enemy_res2.png
w_side_enemy_res2.png
These were done very quickly & it's the first time I've mimicked this style (which is at this point nowhere near my current style of rendering) but it was fun!

Attachments

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh my goodness, how does she keep being so adorable?! I really don't understand it!

Coelocanth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's why I don't ever use the generator, I only use taller characters. This is also why I'm sad that the battle sprites have a hard size restriction instead of the flexible one like the walking sprites.
Is there a hard restriction? MV battle sprites were flexible sizes the same as walking sprites; only the weapon sprites would not line up with a differently sized or shaped character. Plugins could adjust any of that, but were not needed just to use tall or large sized sprites.

Meike

||Telling Stories Through Games||
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay I'm done

♥♥♥WENDY TIME♥♥♥
Facesets (based on Essentials Add-On's array)
View attachment 151266
Enemy battler (Remember way back in the first or second thread when I mentioned the direction-lock was something that bothered me and a potential fix was to simply make 2 different heads. Well I practice what I preach)
View attachment 151267
View attachment 151268
Battler (slightly higher res. I don't know how big the enemies are in MZ.)
View attachment 151271
View attachment 151272
These were done very quickly & it's the first time I've mimicked this style (which is at this point nowhere near my current style of rendering) but it was fun!
This is adorable! I'd talk to @Touchfuzzy to see if we can have a Wendy DLC?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know why, but I keep expecting Wendy to have like, a Nordic accent. Like Finnish or something close to that.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe we can talk to @K2loid about using his materials to do an "Adventures of Wendy" game jam to celebrate the release of MZ.
I'm a they/themmie, but sounds good to me! The very concept of no one using my materials after going in so hard like this would give me psychic damage, and there is nothing I value more than spreading the Good Word of Wendy's cuteness.

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I understand 48x48. It's a balance between detail and ease of use. It's small enough that even someone with nearly nill artist skills like me can make a reasonable OK looking sprite, and while I think I could technically handle 64x64 probably, it would definitely be harder.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a they/themmie, but sounds good to me! The very concept of no one using my materials after going in so hard like this would give me psychic damage, and there is nothing I value more than spreading the Good Word of Wendy's cuteness.
I do hope this comes to fruition! Maybe Elfkisser could join the party as well?

RastaMan

Grouchy Mountain Dwarf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There is also one thing, that bothering Russian community so much: Why minimum system requirement of MZ does have 8 GB of RAM?
It's not problem of mine (i have 16 GB several years), but... So many Russian RPG makers are scared very badly (along with need of Windows 10).

KoriCongo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There is also one thing, that bothering Russian community so much: Why minimum system requirement of MZ does have 8 GB of RAM?
It's not problem of mine (i have 16 GB several years), but... So many Russian RPG makers are scared very badly (along with need of Windows 10).
I believe they said it was because MV had really bad performance and loading times on systems with 4GB, they want to take no chance. They even admitted that they undershot MV's recommended specifications. This time, they just said that it's 8GB or bust.

Though personally, I find it testament to RPGMaker's bad optimization more than anything. I get that it's based on Chromium and that loves to devour RAM chips for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and fourthmeal, but even then, you really gotta be doing some insanity in the background for an RPGMaker game to require that much out your rig.

For the sake of everyone's sanity, just believe it's because of Effekseekr and call it a day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finding it amusing that people are posting support questions in new threads for an engine that isn't even released yet. Touch and Archeia are the only ones authorised to say anything, and there's only one active thread where they'll be answering questions.
I think my goal for MZ ... is to actually release a game and not have twenty technical demos and debugging projects. Let's see if I can manage that. ;o
I am starting to enjoy writing. I never thought I would enjoy it since my dyslexia was holding me back so much.
Thanks to the community here :)
For those interested chapter 2 and 3 are available to read here:
I'm having a fun time working with the MZ RTP. The waterfall hasn't changed, though, so I'm wondering if they didn't make a new one or if they forgot to put it in...

good progress on the typescript Definitions files almost done all the Manager and yet I still have to do the Battle Manager...who is seriously so much data lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enciasduras