RPG Maker MZ, Preview #3: Character Generator, Plugin Manager, Event: Plugin Command!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghorba96

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
I wonder what we'll see tomorrow, system 2? database? release date?

Drokkkon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I hope they just show that now they are using a new Character Creator, like the one some people have done here in the forum, so we can create Tall Characters too. I mean it's a easy thing to add, let's hope they have some heart for people who don't like the chibi ones x.x

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Well, I hope they just show that now they are using a new Character Creator, like the one some people have done here in the forum, so we can create Tall Characters too. I mean it's a easy thing to add, let's hope they have some heart for people who don't like the chibi ones x.x
They have already shown the character generator and it was mentioned a lot in these threads...
It's very similar to the MV one and it's still chibi. You can still use external character generators, they'll be fully compatible as long as they use the same dimensions as in MV.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This threadt is about the new generator features. I think custom resolutions would be pretty big (just like new or editable tabs) and they'd announce it if they had it. :p

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This threadt is about the new generator features. I think custom resolutions would be pretty big (just like new or editable tabs) and they'd announce it if they had it. :p
RMZ won't do any of those things in probably ever.

Fortunately, Schlangan's Extended Generator can do all of that and much more - and he's currently working on revising, overhauling & improving it. It's already a generator that can do anything the base generator can do, plus much more. So what it'll end up being once Schlangan releases the entirely overhauled generator...
Beside the convenience of having the normal generator being included in the RMZ toolset, there's no reason not to use Schlangan's instead if you want to have more freedom and do more advanced stuff.

So I can overlook the limited default generator. I just wish they'd release more Dark Fantasy assets so they can be used to create even more assets. :p

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RMZ won't do any of those things in probably ever.

Fortunately, Schlangan's Extended Generator can do all of that and much more - and he's currently working on revising, overhauling & improving it. It's already a generator that can do anything the base generator can do, plus much more. So what it'll end up being once Schlangan releases the entirely overhauled generator...
Beside the convenience of having the normal generator being included in the RMZ toolset, there's no reason not to use Schlangan's instead if you want to have more freedom and do more advanced stuff.

So I can overlook the limited default generator. I just wish they'd release more Dark Fantasy assets so they can be used to create even more assets. :p
I know, I cant believe this thread was my first time hearing about it, so excited that it's getting big updates too!!!!

I wish they'd release some token character bases for 3-heads-tall characters, since Dark Fantasy was so popular and it's clear at this point it's what everyone craves (and it IS possible to do in 48x48 in a variety of ways, see: 1594853106960.png1594853220773.png).

The awkwardness of XP sprites touchfuzzy mentioned is present, but I think it's because the legs are too long and break perspective/proportions, which is really impossible to animate elegantly. If all the details are compressed into a small character with the legs kept short to retain the illusion of perspective, it should look absolutely fine. I mean, sure 2K is teensy weensy, but it has 2.5/3-head proportions and looks okay even when you zoom in.

Sideview is a little trickier to fit a 3-head character into because there's no perspective to hide the legs under, but you can still pull it off with a little finagling.
1594854963512.png

Of course, I say this in terms of a DF pack with a spritebase. It'd be ridiculous to redo ALL THE ASSETS when the sprites we have look fine with a little refacing, and keeping the same thing makes the MV assets easily reusable.

ICF-Soft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It could be good if engine could work with pallettes and allow pallette swap.
Images with indexed colors are versatile.

MysteryMan23

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Personally, I'm hoping for another video. :p

I mean, I get why this preview didn't have one; the subject doesn't exactly lend itself well to a video; it's mainly of interest to plugin developers. And the only other thing about this preview was the generator enhancements, which aren't exactly enough to carry a whole video.

Still, I liked the past two videos, and I'd like to see another one. Seeing RPG Maker MZ in action really gets me hyped, you know? :D

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(Sets up a campfire for the room...pulls out a bag of marshmallows and begins handing them out with a stick to go with it...)

Alright guys it's the weekly '2 hours before new information is revealed' campfire waiting game. Hopefully @Touchfuzzy will get some sleep tonight. Shall the stories begin? Any embarassing RPG Maker stories anyone wants to share or RPG Maker horror stories?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(Sets up a campfire for the room...pulls out a bag of marshmallows and begins handing them out with a stick to go with it...)

Alright guys it's the weekly '2 hours before new information is revealed' campfire waiting game. Hopefully @Touchfuzzy will get some sleep tonight. Shall the stories begin? Any embarassing RPG Maker stories anyone wants to share or RPG Maker horror stories?
*grabs a marshmallow*

I think this would fall under embarrassing and a horror story: The first project I ever completed was a full unending cutscene recreation of Dragon Ball Z from the saiyan saga through to the end of Cell. Complete with custom tilesets and sprites.......

It took me a whole summer. I was like 13.

mrzo

It's a diminished chord bro
Reaction score
First Language
en
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is almost wow time again.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
*grabs a marshmallow*

I think this would fall under embarrassing and a horror story: The first project I ever completed was a full unending cutscene recreation of Dragon Ball Z from the saiyan saga through to the end of Cell. Complete with custom tilesets and sprites.......

It took me a whole summer. I was like 13.
Hah. Well everyone starts somewhere. At least you had the drive to use custom assets. My horror story is forgetting to save a project after about 5 hours of work and then losing power. I was so upset I quit using RM for about 6 months.

EmmaB

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hah. Well everyone starts somewhere. At least you had the drive to use custom assets. My horror story is forgetting to save a project after about 5 hours of work and then losing power. I was so upset I quit using RM for about 6 months.
*grabs a marshmallow* (are you sure there's enough for everyone? :p)
Losing things from forgetting to save, backup etc. can be very frustrating. It is helpful, though, to see others talking about it on this forum because it always reminds me to make sure I backup my things. :)

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
// Embarassing marshmellow :kaoblush:
I owned RPG Maker 95 for the sole purpose of recreating MIEU of Phantasy Star 3. I mean creating HER.
I was REALLY about creating an artificial intelligence that could have turned the character for real. Obviously lacking any code knowledge. Like in some kinda magic anime.
I forced a gifted friend of mine to draw the character, and the whole thing ended with MIEU cuddling me about how fantastic I am on a void map.
Not intelligent at all.

Don't ask me why I fell in love for such pixels, I didn't understanded a single word at the time and I've rented the game for just 24 hours.

DK

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
JavaScript:
PluginManager.registerCommand("TestPlugin", "PluginCommandFunctionName", args => {
// Get Arguments
const actorIds = JSON.parse(args.Actors);
const stateId = args.State;

// Use the arguments
for (const actorId of actorIds) {
const actor = $gameParty.members().find(member => member.actorId() === Number(actorId));
if (actor) {
actor.addState(stateId);
}
}
});
Can I refer to the Game_Interpreter instance if I write the following command?
JavaScript:
PluginManager.registerCommand("TestPlugin", "PluginCommandFunctionName", function(args) {
    // Get Arguments
    // ...

// Get Game_Interpreter data
    const eventId = this.eventId();

// Call Game_Interpreter functions
    this.wait(10);

});

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You might not get an answer here. This thread is going to be locked in, like, 5 minutes.

beliziam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Germany
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are u sure that we get a new preview today ? The japanese site alreade has the new dlc of the week announced but no new preview :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Overused ---

Hero: (Drink 3 HP Bottle L)
F.Healer: Don't drink too much,or you got sick!
Hero: Nah,i'm okay. it's the way to repleni---
(Hero Collapse)
Hero: (Weak) Ugh...my head (Coughing Then Vomiting)
F.Healer: I told you to don't Drink 3 HP Bottle L or you're Sick. Let's go to Doctor.
Shaking off the dust. Clearing the cobwebs. Time to get back to gam-mak!
I should have looked for this earlier....

It makes MV only need OGG files, and it fixes the audio lag issue. :LZSexcite:
Battle of the original characters! my main character for my game vs. my friend's main character of his comic...
A video game has a brand attached to it.
No offence meant, but it is disadvantageous to use the default RM graphics due to the fact that they can correlate your game strongly to other RM games and whatever associations a user has with those unrelated games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pen