RPG Maker MZ, Preview #4: Event List, System Tab Options, New UI, Release Date & Price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks everyone for the responses, I think I have found my answer, all the input is much appreciated! ^_^

I apologize for de-railing the topic so much .-. it wasn't my intention, Allow me to try to get things back on track.

*Ahem* The event list looks incredibly useful, it's a really nice feature, I'm still hoping that the "note" boxes have a GUI similar to the new plugin command for meta data, cause sometimes plugins use a lot of meta data and it can be a handful to remember everything, take the Yanfly Action Sequence plugins for example. :)

Regardless, can't wait for the bundles to come to the rmw store! :D

TrueMisfit

Exploding Pervert
Reaction score
First Language
Ainu
Primarily Uses
My one question, which from what I recall used to be "the big one" back in regular MV.

Will there be an in-editor APK exporter?

One thing we were practically promised, and never got, was an option/program to actually make our games into phone games, which even to this day seems to have thousands of threads and forum posts all over the internet about.

So, will we finally be able to actually use our game engine to make our games come right out and useable on phones?

Cause I still have no mobile games thanks to how hard it is to do any of this and how hit or miss even doing it is.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Did I miss it somewhere or if this a dumb question to ask.. but can MV Generator parts be moved to MZ Generator folders?

So stoked to place my pre-order tomorrow! :)
-MIA

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
One thing we were practically promised, and never got, was an option/program to actually make our games into phone games, which even to this day seems to have thousands of threads and forum posts all over the internet about.
Then what do you think about something like this?

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Speaking of editor if you plan to make editors you can make editors not who recreate the editor. it's would be a bad idea.

Although nothing stop you to make editor for your plugins.
As it'S allowed to use TileD as a mapping editor nothing stop you to use customized tools for your use and to distribute it.

This what I plan to do using Electron so people can use Visual representation for my plugins. then with your plugin, you just export the data or inject it into a usable format for MV.

aka one of my tool In planning is : Localisation so it extract all the 'text' from MZ so you can edit them into a visual way and bundle them into a Language package that you can load into MZ.

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did I miss it somewhere or if this a dumb question to ask.. but can MV Generator parts be moved to MZ Generator folders?

So stoked to place my pre-order tomorrow! :)
-MIA
Since MZ will keep the same format, you probably can. Perhaps you may have to rename files according to new naming conventions. I'll make sure to analyze how they are named once MZ is out, so my generator can import them, anyways.

Shin Kitsune

KITSUNE Game Design
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG/SPA
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question regarding the graphics.
I read somewhere that the graphics from MV are going to be compatible with MZ. Is that right?
And if that's the case, will MZ assets be retro-compatible?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And if that's the case, will MZ assets be retro-compatible?
Logic says yes. However ...

- MZ's animations are different, so unless they provide both the old and new formats, they wouldn't be able to be used in MV
- MZ's autotiles can now go on higher layers, so if they have provided autotiles with transparency, while you could use them in MV, those transparent areas would have a black background when you play the game, unless you add a parallax behind the map
- Character style is slightly different, so while you could use the MZ characters in MV (and maybe the generator pieces as well), they might look weird if you mix them with MV characters

Also note that you would need to have a legal copy of both MZ and MV in order to use one engine's resources in another. So you couldn't just get the MZ resources to use in MV, without buying MZ first.

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On a different note, is there going to be some info release on documentation & stuff?

Especially when it comes to old & new engine functions and how RMZ handles them, e.g. how sprites work in RMZ, if there's a new way to load images, if those functions include callbacks to make the screen update when the asset finished loading, or if we have to reserve images ahead of time, etc.

All of that stuff you can technically research yourself when the engine is released, but it'd be nice if there's comprehensive documentation on that front.

Is there any news planned regarding the documentation of those things?

Skurge

" (GASP) What's going on!? "
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Might be a dumb question, but can MZ convert MV projects?

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Might be a dumb question, but can MZ convert MV projects?
So on transferring an MV project to MZ: Yes, you can. Plugins, for obvious reasons, will not carry over, so it will only work perfectly for games with zero plugins. Any project should convert though, it is just about fixing up all the problems with your plugins being removed.

(I imagine there are some other minor things you'll need to fix up, like animations and stuff too. Will give more information when I have it)
I'm guessing this means there will be a conversion process. I do not expect that you will just be able to open an MV project in the MZ editor.

Drokkkon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy MZ will be easier to export created games to Android/iOS?

I mean, MV can do it but it's a complex process.

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First happy Monday everyone :)
Ok, I'm surprised, unless I missed it some how, I was looking on the posts for MZ information, and non of them talks about the most important thing, "performance!", MV lack of performance, that know to many (there are some solution like pre load and anti lag plugins but unless you put a lot of time to do that, the FPS will be low when using some amount content/plugin/ parallel events, some known issue are when open/closed the menu, transfer...more).

This should be the first thing taking care in MZ, are anyone know how the performance in MZ vs MV? should we will be worry about that in this engine too?

Last edited:

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
We talked about the performance difference a little bit before.
Reduced Bloat from mp3 and ogg files in audio
No more Audio delay in longer audio files.
Not sure about using MZ on a 2nd monitor would open new windows on the main screen like mv did. (Usually you just have to maximize the maker window on the 2nd monitor then move any windows that you open like eventing and the database before you do anything else so it doesn't open on the first monitor)
If your computer is at or above the recommended (8 gigs of ram iirc?) it runs very smoothly supposedly.

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks to region pricing, I can actually afford rpg maker MZ. And for those who are planning to buy the software here is the pricing per region (without MV discount) from steamdb https://steamdb.info/app/1096900/

region pricing.PNG

TheGameAfter

I'm here to help and to learn!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hebrew
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We talked about the performance difference a little bit before.
Reduced Bloat from mp3 and ogg files in audio
No more Audio delay in longer audio files.
Not sure about using MZ on a 2nd monitor would open new windows on the main screen like mv did. (Usually you just have to maximize the maker window on the 2nd monitor then move any windows that you open like eventing and the database before you do anything else so it doesn't open on the first monitor)
If your computer is at or above the recommended (8 gigs of ram iirc?) it runs very smoothly supposedly.
Thanks for the response Cyberhawk, I did sew the Audio discussion, however, nothing about the menu/window aspect, and yes true there are solutions, but I was wondering if the engine will come with a better performance the will not require any additional steps from the dev to make the game smoother.

My PC is way better than the recommended (32 ram, 2.5 GH, with mv you can still have lags no matter how good your PC. Forget about me, I'm more concern about other people who will play the game the may and may not have a good PC.

I'm still surprised this was not emanation at all in the main information on MZ. New features are very welcome, but the performance update is a basic need.

Last edited:

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Are there anymore updates after this one?
Or was this it?

winkr7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
When we close one drawer, he open another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Surprise Part 2 ---

F.Healer: Look,i'm the Cute White Ghost!
F.Mage: And,im the Scary Witch!
M.Archer: I'm The Handsome Vampire!
M.Fighter: AWOOOOOOO!!!
(Suddenly,The Electricity Is Turned Off. Then Turned On 10 Seconds Later)
Hero: (With Scream Mask & Bloody Knife) Hey,how about my Costume?
Entire Party: (Screaming Until Faint)

230 paths... roughly 250 light sources on the screen... One serious lag fiesta... But I finally got it all the screen at once. I guess I could have also just made an event to spawn each one in exactly the location I needed, but that's sooo much less fun. :LZSwink:
A wee radio thing I made months and months and months ago. 2020 has felt like such a long year. Maybe made this before 2020.IDK anymore.

Made this one much more recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ponpon