RPG Maker MZ, Preview #4: Event List, System Tab Options, New UI, Release Date & Price!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Looks good so far. I only hope they give us a surprise announcement saying they were kidding about the release date and it's actually July 30th. But yeah, as a plugin maker, I can't wait to see what I can learn to do and make under the hood.

No mention of independent items/actors/skills so I guess that YF crew would need to do it. Just gotta wait and see...

Oh and @DoubleX if they do MZ like they did MV, I'll gladly hand over my Steam key. I'll likely eventually get another one thru HumbleBundle anyway. Good luck on the financial situation. It's rough for a lot of us.

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's nice they are planning a release date a little sooner than September.

I look forward to seeing people use MZ and see what gets made with it. All the previews so far have shown some very decent changes. :)

Will try and continue to keep up to date with MZ, overall very excited about this.

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ooo? 80 bucks August 20th. Hm... Gonna kick it into high gear and finish my current game.
Cool new info as well. I don't have to manually do waterfalls as much. Let's go. Hell if put asside enough cash i might get it on release...

ICF-Soft

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will MZ have a Lite version like VXAce?

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This will be my last post in the MZ threads since I don't really have anything else to discuss about.
I'm convinced (I never had doubts tbh), so many nice features inbuilt and good price (I expected 89 dollars) but it's awesome that they thought about people struggling during this annoyong pandemic and kept the same price as MV despite all the improvements.

kaboth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Will there be a preorder button on steam or is it strictly order on release?

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's a big step up from Ace, that's for sure. Fortunately I have the self control to not port my projects over!

(also a reply for the #3 topic, which I missed)
"Load Orders" Oh no... Flashbacks to modding Skyrim and Fallout with hundreds of mods and spending a whole day getting everything working

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If I recall, when I bought MV here on the official site, I was able to use my serial number to add it to my Steam library as well. Will that be the same arrangement for MZ?

SOC

Be your own hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My anticipation is killing me! Event list is such a time saver. I love that MZ keeps adding features that I didn't even know I wanted. I can't wait to hear more about the Time Progress Battle System details.

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well. . .I might just be able to get this on release.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I always start my project naming all of them. About 3 maps in it starts getting messy >_>

Can someone make a plugin to name my events for me please.
Yeah, if I don't make names for my events my game feels "incomplete" and it just eats away at me until I name them. It's weird I know but at least I'm in the habit of naming them already. I usually just name them things like "NPC Greg" or "Basic Chest 1" "Locked Chest 1" "Transfer to X Map" etc. They all get a name, no matter how insignificant they seem. The Event List is a brilliant and major time saving feature, especially to those with many events and multiple maps.

I just looked, and it appears to be every map transfer and on battle end, if enabled....so yeah...a tad bit overzealous lol.
Yeah, it's a bit much but like @TWings said maybe we can disable it in the options and then use a script call or plugin to enable at certain points and not others. Even if not I can just turn it off and just make save crystals/books or save in menu.

@Touchfuzzy - Can you give a teaser on next weeks announcement yet? Also can you discuss your positive and negative feelings on the leaks yet?

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I name my events, but end up forgetting to rename events I've copied and pasted. Trying to find a specific event among a dozen or so with the same name is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
I know some have complained about the feeling of MZ not being enough of an improvement over MV after every weekly preview.
But if you see the full feature list now, it's actually much more than "omg they has no made improvmentz sins XP" many complain about.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will MZ Corescript become open-source?
no you still need to buy the engine to be able to make plugins.
ALL the corescript is already open to people who buy the engine there's no hidden script other than the engine code.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Let's see if I can catch as many of these as possible, I might miss some questions because I just read through and I'm barely awake.

1. Map size limit is the same as MV
2. All the Ojima scripts (the ones made by JP): I'll see what I can say about them tonight (also I'd need to check what they all do myself)
3. Will there be a Preorder/will we have more previews? This is the last major preview of the engine itself... but we definitely have a few more announces about the release. Keep an eye on things :)
4. What about things we haven't talked about yet like other changes to Event Commands? I'll probably dig some out occasionally to post on Twitter, but I imagine there will still be at least a few to discover even on release. I'm still finding small changes to commands myself.
5. Thoughts on the leaks... Yeah I'll do a post in a minute on that, but right now I have to run do the new resource pack announces.

Volourn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We can ERASE item categories.... can we ADD item categories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

yay my offer is up :) joys
@wrigty12 hi! thanks for showing interest in my work. Sadly the tablet I'm using broke, so I wasn't able to create anything for weeks. Got a new one with display, I'm still not used to it though, so I'm still practicing, doing basic drawings again. Also I'm in my last year of college. Thesis, projects and other activities takes most of my time ;_;.
I'll get back to it whenever I get a free time.
Any artists here planning on participating in the Inktober art prompts this October?
It's right around the corner.
It's rpg maker related so I'll post it here, I worked on a little free rpg maker zine and this was my piece. Play Grimm's Hollow if you haven't already, I liked it a lot. (i don't remember if posting a link to a product even if free is allowed via profile posts, so if anyone knows lemme know)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grung