RPG Maker MZ, Preview #4: Event List, System Tab Options, New UI, Release Date & Price!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just want to know... will be us able to EDIT the game WHILE TESTING IT?
This is what would save us A LOT OF TIME! And have multiple screens would actually have an use in MZ other than... moving windows to another screens for no reason because the main window is locked while another window is opened (except the playtest window)?

If not, then please... some scripter, try make such plugin/addon for achieve this for everyone!

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Makes roughly 70 euros so happy with the price.

Would have maybe waited a little if it was a 100 or something but I think I'll take it day one, just for curiosity, the new rtp and to show support. Might try to make a game with my kids.

Question is, I think touchfuzzy almost replied once, will keys from steam work with stand alone and vice versa? I don't think you can purchase specific Maker resources in steam if you don't own said Maker.
Steam is rather convenient to get resources, but Standalone doesn't need you to run Steam.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm pretty sure that an RMW store purchase still can be used to activate on Steam as well, but I'll have to check on that, not 100%. We have another announce coming about details of release coming as well.

On the subject of leaks:

One the one hand it is like: Eh, leaks happen right. I do think that they tided over some people until we had more announces, like at first they kept some of the hate down, but overall I think they were more negative than positive.

Like every time we do a new preview, if most of the stuff in it was already leaked, people act like none of it is a big deal because "they already knew" even though the only reason they knew was because of the leaks.

Additionally, and this one was the big deal to me right when it happened: When a leak happens, there is the possibility of fingerpointing behind the scenes and loss of trust. Like, I specifically was safe from accusations because I had only accessed the Steam version, which had a small graphical glitch that wasn't visible in the screenshots (and would have been) (that has since been fixed). But anyone who had downloaded the standalone version could be suspected, and there were several beta testers that me or Archeia had personally vouched for.

And even if we were sure that they weren't the source of the leaks, there is still that feeling that that loss of trust could impact our jobs.

It's just not very fun.

masterlobo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Suggestion: Don't you guys think advertising the configurable resolution front and center (as well as providing examples) would greatly help sell the engine? I'm saying this because locked resolution is a very common complaint, specially outside of RPG Maker centric forums [citation needed]. Also, maybe some ppl shrugged it off since the first screenshots back when MZ was revealed had the same old res of MV.

That's my 2 cents. I don't work in marketing nor did I study that :rswt

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm pretty sure that an RMW store purchase still can be used to activate on Steam as well, but I'll have to check on that, not 100%. We have another announce coming about details of release coming as well.

On the subject of leaks:

One the one hand it is like: Eh, leaks happen right. I do think that they tided over some people until we had more announces, like at first they kept some of the hate down, but overall I think they were more negative than positive.

Like every time we do a new preview, if most of the stuff in it was already leaked, people act like none of it is a big deal because "they already knew" even though the only reason they knew was because of the leaks.

Additionally, and this one was the big deal to me right when it happened: When a leak happens, there is the possibility of fingerpointing behind the scenes and loss of trust. Like, I specifically was safe from accusations because I had only accessed the Steam version, which had a small graphical glitch that wasn't visible in the screenshots (and would have been) (that has since been fixed). But anyone who had downloaded the standalone version could be suspected, and there were several beta testers that me or Archeia had personally vouched for.

And even if we were sure that they weren't the source of the leaks, there is still that feeling that that loss of trust could impact our jobs.

It's just not very fun.
yeah it's understable and I feel the person who did the leak if they are found out can either lose any chance of doing beta tester in the future for sure.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Luckily Degica/KDKW handled this, imo, right, and didn't overly concern itself with the leaks. No culture of paranoia or anything like that so those fears were very shortlived and we could go on doing our jobs without feeling worried :p.

Like I said, leaks happen. Blizzard has leaks and I'm sure they are infinitely more security conscious than we are (though, at the same time, they have more points of failure than us on big news I imagine).

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am SWOONING over the Event List!! :) It's the little things added for QoL that make me so happy!!

-MIA

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does those with MV get a free upgrade? <3

Dororo

Gespenst MKII pilot
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does those with MV get a free upgrade? <3
-Yeah, take my app for free!-
-Really?-
-C'mon, you know I work for a charity institute. Take also all these resources and my car. Do you like my wife? Take her with you.-
-Thank you.-
-You're missing my kidney. Take it! (splortch). Maybe you'll need in the future.-

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So on transferring an MV project to MZ: Yes, you can. Plugins, for obvious reasons, will not carry over, so it will only work perfectly for games with zero plugins. Any project should convert though, it is just about fixing up all the problems with your plugins being removed.

(I imagine there are some other minor things you'll need to fix up, like animations and stuff too. Will give more information when I have it)

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So on transferring an MV project to MZ: Yes, you can. Plugins, for obvious reasons, will not carry over, so it will only work perfectly for games with zero plugins. Any project should convert though, it is just about fixing up all the problems with your plugins being removed.

(I imagine there are some other minor things you'll need to fix up, like animations and stuff too. Will give more information when I have it)
Is there a specific transfer process, or is it possible to copy maps, database entries, etc. from MV and paste them into MZ (just like you can copy stuff from one open MV project into another)?

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Specific transfer process.
I guess I'll just have to use the specific transfer process then, and copy selectively from the new RMZ project into the actual project. (That way I can transfer only what actually works without plugins and bit by bit recreate the MV project)

Tag365

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you reveal the default resolution of the new RPG Maker MZ games?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you reveal the default resolution of the new RPG Maker MZ games?
Default is same as MV (so that weird resolution I can never remember), but with the ability to change it in the System tab in the database I imagine no one will leave it default.

(I'll probably go 1280x720 for most of my stuff.)

KoriCongo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For all my disdain and mockery I have about RPG Maker in recent years I let known...
Yeah, I'll admit. The new features is actually pushing me to make an early purchase of it. Maybe not for full price, but definitely getting it to maintain my complete collection of the software.

I really appreciate things like autosaving, actual mouse support, and being able to manipulate the UI into different positions. There are still things I would like, such as giving the user the ability to set their own resolution size and eight-way movement, this does feel like the default RPG Maker game will feel... actually modern for once.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Having the player define resolution really really is messy for a 2D raster art based game.

You would need either manually scaled art for multiple resolutions, or it would mean changing resolution would change how much you could see at once, which is a nightmare for designing a game.

KoriCongo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This was announced as a feature....in this very thread? Unless you mean the player of the games.
Yes
The player of the games

Having the player define resolution really really is messy for a 2D raster art based game.

You would need either manually scaled art for multiple resolutions, or it would mean changing resolution would change how much you could see at once, which is a nightmare for designing a game.
I rather give them the option to mess with how the game looks than to say that they can't have full screen because I did not consider any resolution outside of "designed for ants" was right for my game.

EDIT: Given the fact that this era of RPG Maker is designed for multiple deployment options, such as for phones or web pages, it isn't too far out of there to expect that the player can decide how big they want the screen to be, in order to fit the device they are working with.

But, baby steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

And now to face my worst enemy... adding color :kaocry:
Power has been restored FINALLY to our home in Lake Charles. Hurricane Laura tried to wreck our lives and disrupt my work on the commercial project i have going with Cloud 9 but the key word is TRIED!!! Slowly moving from the shelter to home over the next week or so. I WILL NOT QUIT!
I am happy because the RPG Maker MZ character comes with extra bust and full body art, but I am disappointed because the quality of the character's PIxel art has decreased.
Only My Opinion that Pixel art MV is better.
I think my SV will be weird, but I would love to change it up.

"Signature characters" - the mascots of your game. Cute, quirky, lovable, recognizable.
i.e.
Kirby, Disgaea prinnies, creepers, Sonic, Mario, DQ slimes, pikachu (all starters), chocobos.

You see what I'm saying.
Getchu one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katana100