RPG Maker MZ, Preview #6: MV Trinity Resource Pack Previews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGMakerWeb

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
RPG Maker MZ is only two weeks away! And with it, two bundles that include a ton of new packs. Today, let’s focus on one in specific: The MV Trinity Resource Pack!

MV Trinity is coming to consoles in English soon, and with it, a ton of new resources! New characters, new enemies, new tiles, and new music… But what about for PC? Don’t worry, this pack will give you all the new resources the console version has, all at your fingertips and with the power of MZ.

First up in our Preview, let’s look at 4 of the cover characters for Trinity!

Carol the Hero, Sakura the Ninja, Avend the Armored Knight, and Shun the Martial artist are just 4 of the new heroes the Trinity Pack will unleash into your projects!

But what will they fight? Trinity also adds a plethora of new enemies and new battlebacks to fight them on, all with new themes like Ancient Egypt...

… and Historical Japan! (and more)

To explore those new themes, you will of course need a whole lot of new tiles, and MV Trinity has that in spades! The MV Trinity Resource Pack has 133 pages of tiles! While some ground and wall tiles are from MV, new tiles abound, and will give you everything you need to fill out maps in those new themes, and more!

This is only a small selection of the many many tiles that are coming your way with the MV Trinity Resource Pack!

The MV Trinity Resource Pack includes all this and so much more. Parallaxes, Title Screens, Music, Sound Effects…

Be sure to pick up Bundle or Bundle S to get all the MV Trinity goodies, or purchase the pack as a standalone DLC on August 20th.

Database ConVerter MV compatible with MZ!

Looking for even more RPG Maker MZ news? Look no further.

The Database ConVerter MV, used to convert your database into a spreadsheet, incredibly useful for batch editing, will be compatible with MZ!

You can learn more about the Database ConVerter here!

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So... we’ll be able to use the database ConVerter MV yo export database entries out of MV and into MZ? No?

MikePjr

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It kinda feels like everything of major interest has been revealed.. and what we have left is some minor things here and there.

PixelHeart

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I'll admit, the Trinity tiles are enticing, but I'll wait for a future sale.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It kinda feels like everything of major interest has been revealed.. and what we have left is some minor things here and there.
There is something else we were going to announce today (you can actually switch to the JP version of the Steam news and google translate to see what it was), but it is a huge file and it wasn't done being translated. There is more of interest. Sorry for the less interesting preview this week :)

So... we’ll be able to use the database ConVerter MV yo export database entries out of MV and into MZ? No?
You can already import your MV stuff into MZ. DB Converter is just for exporting your databse to spreadsheet for editing.

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait.. This only for Steam version?

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ooh, there are sample RPG Maker MZ games up on the JP site! You can download the games, dig through the sample games, and nab the 0.9.5 MZ code. Tomorrow will be dedicated to tinkering on plugins-!

Also, a beginner plugin course on the JP site, for anyone interested in learning how to code.

Last edited:

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Are there any map screenshots of the trinity pack?

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will we get all of the Trinity resources? The console version, according to the official website, has loads of cool resources, such as: music with lyrics, cool looking Japanese themed tiles, and voices for the cover art characters.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy I check the japanese section and it's how to dev plugins and script which seem interesting I am looking at it.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Will we get all of the Trinity resources? The console version, according to the official website, has loads of cool resources, such as: music with lyrics, cool looking Japanese themed tiles, and voices for the cover art characters.
I don't know the full list for the console version, so I'm not going to promise "all" but I'm pretty sure if it isn't all it is most of it.

There is a LOT of stuff in that pack.

(The only stuff I know is not necessarily in is stuff that is already in MV, at which point it is just redundant, you already have those resources if you have MV)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
From the Steam page, it will include:
[...]
・Tiles x 133 files ( Please note that there are some ground tiles and wall tiles in this pack that are the same in RPG Maker MV. There are many Asian / Ethnic style graphics included in this pack)
[...]
・BGM: 96 tracks
・SE: 193 tracks
・ME: 19 tracks
・BGS: 12 tracks

So I'm pretty sure a lot of the stuff will be included.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Like I said, if it isn't all of it it is VERY close to all of it. My gut says everything that isn't just base MV materials is in there. I just don't know the original material well enough to just say "yeah it's all there."

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, a beginner plugin course on the JP site, for anyone interested in learning how to code.
Thanks for sharing the link. I'm used to scripting in RPG Maker VX, and I am just starting to pick up on how to code in MV with Javascript. This will be very helpful.

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looking at some of the Javascript Course pages from the RPG Maker MZ Plugin website,the Javascript code looked almost similar to C# code. I need to look more carefully later on to be sure as I may be wrong (and with me being tired, it's possible that I may be wrong about this).

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@nio kasgami There are also sample MZ games which have v0.9.5 code.
Yeah I downloaded...you can also access the music files from the games lol I am listening to them they are pretty god damn good. you was right @Touchfuzzy I think the music is one of the strongest aspect of MZ right now

For the code there's a LOTS of nice change to the code that I am surprised...also
there's a plugin call "PluginCommon" which is a PluginParser on steroid. It's very strong. + it's show perfect example of how we can approach our coding.

SO far the codebase didn't change as much as I would have expected but it add many function that make it way more easier (especially the change to the Scene_Base)

I was angry on the spot now I am kinda pleased. Yes it's not in ES6 class structure but it does show some improvement.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@nio kasgami Yeah, the 'PluginCommonBase' plugin is pretty interesting. I had started tinkering on a method to deep parse and merge default values into plugin arguments. So peeking at that certainly did give me some more ideas. Plus actually seeing the plugin parameter mark-up is nice ('@target MZ' to specify MZ specific plugins, '@command <name>' to set up a plugin command, etc).

I see 'Sprite_AnimationMV' in 'rmmz_sprites.js' ... probably not going to be in the final version. But, perhaps one of the dev team created a plugin so people can use the old style of animations.

EDIT: For the libraries, 'lzstring' is out and 'pako' is in for compression. Also, it appears 'localforage' is being used to simplify local storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like
"Oh, that kid's gonna suck...."
Baby tiger gets a belly rub! ^.^
Ami
--- Friendship System ---

(F.Mage and F.Healer's FP is 100)
F.Mage: We did it! we can beat the monster easily!
F.Healer: With the Friendship System,we got stronger thanks to you F.Mage (Hugging)
F.Mage: (Blushing) Ahh...don't say like that. we are Best Friend Forever.
(In Distand)
M.Mage: They look happy...
M.Healer: Yeah...always like that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mid_Miester