RPG Maker MZ, Preview #6: MV Trinity Resource Pack Previews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ossra Yeah I am also pleased with the Scene_Message and the ColorManager etc. It's an overall improvement. Didn't check yet how they worked the ATB system tho!

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy The Trinity Pack. There is only a Steam version to it. So, I assumed that it won't be for standalone version.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Also, I agree. MZ's music is really good. All the modern stuff is great.

@Touchfuzzy The Trinity Pack. There is only a Steam version to it. So, I assumed that it won't be for standalone version.
There will be, we just haven't implemented the page for it on the RMW store yet as it has 2 more weeks until release. All materials will be available for both stores.

(The number of times I cheat and merge posts to prevent double posting because I'm an admin and can do that is really high)

Last edited:

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@nio kasgami I have tinkered around with one of the games and created a development project for myself, heh. I will probably start to tinker around with plugins tomorrow.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I really hope we get ALL the material from MZ and not ”almost all and some weirdly cropped bust portraits” like we did with the DS DLC. Ireally, really, really want ALL of it. :kaopride:

@Touchfuzzy
When was it revealed that we can conversation our projects? I only remember some ambigious hints? If we can, then I’m interested in how that’s done? How easy/tedious is it?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
any update on the steam preorder bundles becoming available on the main store? All these resources have me really excited, but I don't like having the client tied to steam - am waiting to get it through the store.

Galenmereth

Retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ooh, there are sample RPG Maker MZ games up on the JP site! You can download the games, dig through the sample games, and nab the 0.9.5 MZ code. Tomorrow will be dedicated to tinkering on plugins-!
Been looking at these but now wish I hadn't; now it'll be even harder to wait for MZ release

FiercestPixel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ohh dang, one of the Japanese sample MZ games even has an auto battle option, don't know if that's a plugin or a built in feature. For us lazy casual players, this is a game changer :p

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DoubleX I mean, I would say yes. I have already converted a few of my basic plugins over to MZ. Tomorrow I will tinker around with some more in-depth plugins. No sense in being in too much of a rush, though. No way to create a MZ-specific plugin thread and no one to use the plugins anyway, heh. Also the code is pre-release, and some aspects may be subject to change. I am just happy to start tinkering, really.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Ossra
With now Yanfly being a mentor of his/her VisuStellla plugins, I think some plugin developers can't wait to release tons of plugins upon MZ release already, so they'll have very high incentives to start developing MZ plugins right now, just to maximize their market shares and secure them early on :)
P.S.: I wonder if using those sample projects to test their MZ plugins will violate the terms of use of such projects, assuming that they indeed have such a thing :D

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DoubleX Nah ... I doubt that anyone would get upset for re-purposing a project. More tinkering, more plugins to be ready at launch, more pleased users of RPG Maker MZ! I cleared out a map and manually, painfully added in events, actors, and so on. Slow going without the editor.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The number of times I cheat and merge posts to prevent double posting because I'm an admin and can do that is really high
Does your post count go up and then down again when you do that? That'd be a bit depressing :(

Proxxie_Desu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Definitely seems to run a lot smoother than MV. I'm unsure how I feel about the animations. They look very nice, but they're a big contrast with the pixel art style most games will probably use.

From my brief glance through the code, it doesn't look like the methods/objects I use in my own code have changed very much, so I expect what I've written will work with very few modifications :)

Faherya

The Knight of the Sad Figure
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The most interesting of today were the example projects. Much smaller compared to the MV, but still massive 130MB ~ 200MB for a 2D game. (Insert here all that discussion about the current internet / memory capabilities, which in the end are an excuse for carelessness and waste of processing). I'm downloading to see the performance. And the guide on plugins also looks cool, it was really lacking in previous engines.

Edit: In fact, it seems faster. I had some delay in the animations of the autotiles and the effects (battle animations), but it really looks better than the MV. To be sure, only testing with more desire since the sample games are very simple.

Last edited:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've figured out a couple of interesting additions to the database from looking at the core js files, but I'm not sure whether it's okay to talk about them yet. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Surprise Part 2 ---

F.Healer: Look,i'm the Cute White Ghost!
F.Mage: And,im the Scary Witch!
M.Archer: I'm The Handsome Vampire!
M.Fighter: AWOOOOOOO!!!
(Suddenly,The Electricity Is Turned Off. Then Turned On 10 Seconds Later)
Hero: (With Scream Mask & Bloody Knife) Hey,how about my Costume?
Entire Party: (Screaming Until Faint)

230 paths... roughly 250 light sources on the screen... One serious lag fiesta... But I finally got it all the screen at once. I guess I could have also just made an event to spawn each one in exactly the location I needed, but that's sooo much less fun. :LZSwink:
A wee radio thing I made months and months and months ago. 2020 has felt like such a long year. Maybe made this before 2020.IDK anymore.

Made this one much more recently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ponpon