RPG Maker MZ, Preview #6: MV Trinity Resource Pack Previews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drokkkon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Trinity seems to be very amazing, and with this ancient egypt and japanese samurai themes being so good. Sadly I will buy only the basic MZ, not money for Trinity for now x.x

Skyroar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've figured out a couple of interesting additions to the database from looking at the core js files, but I'm not sure whether it's okay to talk about them yet. XD
If it's in the code, I don't think there's a problem with talking about them. I would like to know what those changes are.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If it's in the code, I don't think there's a problem with talking about them. I would like to know what those changes are.
I suppose since it's public now it's not like they can do anything about it.

The skills and items tab have new scope options: there are two new ones somehow related to living allies, and an "everyone" option that targets all allies and all enemies.

The traits section for actors, classes, weapons and armours now has an "attack skill" option on tab 3 which lets you specify a skill to use for physical attacks; if there are multiple it'll use whichever one has the highest database ID.

Conditional branches can now check "TP" under the actor and enemy data operands.

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh wooow! I love the Trinity asset pack and their characters! <3 :D I have always been curious as to why console MV had different RTP heroes, and it's great we get to have 'em for the Bundle S! <3 :o

I love the Egyptian and Asian themed tiles and enemies too! <3 ^_^ :D So excited!! :D

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello @Galv. Nice to see you. Thank you for sharing your plugins with us.
Is anyone know why the company named the resource Trinity? What are 3 parts of this resource? Or you think the resource designer just stick it there because it is sound catchy.

Last edited:

Crusha

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It reads as the Trinity Pack can be picked up on August 20th as a stand-alone DLC; what price is it, and is it going to be on sale? (On sale for all, or only for MV users, or what prices?)

(*Fast Edit: will it be offered in a pack for MZ + Trinity Pack, just those 2, for those who don't want giant bundles with 5 packs)

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Hello @Galv. Nice to see you. Thank you for sharing your plugins with us.
Is anyone know why the company named the resource Trinity? What are 3 parts of this resource? Or you think the resource designer just stick it there because it is sound catchy.
The console version of the latest RPG Maker is RPG Maker MV Trinity. The resource pack is from that program.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
While a lot of people seem quite excited about being able to look at the MZ code base, I'm just here thinking about how I can add Sakura to my videos.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Tsukihime Sakura is pretty neat. Avend is a fantasy-styled Warframe. Shun looks like a professional cook with two, tiny chef hats and punchy oven mitts. I am uncertain of Carol's gender, but they look great (looking the character up, they will be voiced by a male actor/singer). Pupa is a Little Big World-styled hero. Merudy is best cat-dog-person, and Mabie is adorable.

Aran ... eh.

Shin Kitsune

KITSUNE Game Design
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENG/SPA
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Cannot wait to get my hands on both MZ and MV Trinity (I also pre-ordered that). It's great that these resources will also be available on MZ.
Will these resources also be retro-compatible with MV?

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
the sample games look beautiful, i think, and run very smoothly. I'm excited.

Here's a question that I don't know if has been answered already - would the generator parts that we use for MV be able to put into the generator folder for MZ, and work appropriately, or no?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
They would work from a technical perspective but the face stuff would really not match up.

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
right - stylistic differences would be have to be considered, but surely some things like masks, capes, helms, etc., would be usable?

Skyroar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
They would work from a technical perspective but the face stuff would really not match up.
Could we see some preview samples of MZ Trinity's generator parts?

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I...was hoping to see more tileset samples, but the Steampunk resources is news to me! Now I'm really glad I bought it. So that's Sengoku, Arabia, Steampunk (well...judging by the gears, kinda more Clockpunk), and China altogether.

I hope the voice acting is in the pack, though. To come parceled with voice samples...gamechanger. (because I refuse to buy voice packs)

Heartless_Angel

Lv. 666
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I played some of the sample projects of MZ.
And it seems performance is overall better then MV.

- Audio delay seems to be gone, I even replaced the titlescreen song to a +5minute song
And it still instantly played the songs, no hickups like mv had by default without streaming.

- Animations dont have crazy lagspikes anymore, only minor fps downs like 60-50fps
And that is without preload by default, still way better then mvs horrible drops tho.

- can´t judge performance on maps yet... since sadly mz has no lighting system...
and maps are default tiny tileset maps with almost nothing going on ...
that is not a good stress test, to make real judgments on them.

PS:
Since this is only version 0.9.5 and it already performes rather well, I got a bit hope again, that mz will finally fix some issues mv had, and I heard a lot talk of plugin devs, just hope I can regain the plugins functions I had in mv... so I can port my project to mz soon.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Heartless_Angel, thank you. Now we are all have pay a visit on the Japanese MZ website now. Get the Google Translation ready lol.

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright! Played a bit in a sample MZ game.

This engine certainly runs better than MV. No random lag spikes anymore! By and large, if you're just walking around, I've been getting 60 fps. Combat was sometimes dropping to mid 50s, other times stayed at regular 60 fps.

There was one doorway that seemed to have a music lag in it while transitioning... but no other doors? I'm assuming there was something weird in that door, it doesn't seem to be an entire engine problem anymore. I'll want to test this, I worry the music lag issue may only be 90% gone instead of 100%.

Visual effects had some lag to them, but only sometimes. Mainly some fire ones. It seems like high particle effects, like fire, can cause some lag, which is worrisome. That being said, I'll need to test this myself with low particle effects. Honestly, despite being a large selling point, particle based effects never really interested me that much, so this isn't that huge to me, but once again I'll need to test this more as a designer when the engine releases.

The new combat system seemed to work fine. I've always been a bigger fan of pure turn based stuff than real time combat, but for people who like the real time battles, it seems to work well.

By and large, I feel like this engine is gonna work much better than MV... but it's not gonna be perfect. I myself never expect perfection from easy-to-use engines, I find it to be a trade off. The engine is not as powerful as, say, Unreal or Unity. But, you can make a game from the get go, no coding or plugins needed. Do you as a designer think its a good trade off is the key.

I'm interested in testing more when I can make things, instead of just play samples.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's one of the screenshots from Steam (there's only two, and the other is of character portraits):

I really like the metal chimneys, as well as those fancy tiles around the well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hello I buyed RPG Maker VX Ace a long ago and I want to use it again but in the meantime I changed my pc but I lost the paper with my product key on so I can't use RPG maker again... someone can help me please ? or there is no hopes ?:'( ( I have a bad english I'm sorry )
I was away this days here in the forum but it was for a good cause!
The trailer of the demo of Luke Inn is on youtube and I am so happy!
I need to see the bugs of the game but I am happy that I have new content to show!

The last part of the modern interior will be ready soon. This will be a B-tile. With interior items for the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and storage room.
This frantic shooting ARPG plugin for MZ looks really great. Here is the link to a post from the official Japanese RPG Maker forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tp0000