RPG Maker MZ, Preview #6: MV Trinity Resource Pack Previews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍/ Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy, you will be hated me for sure. You can try the Japanese game like the one @Driftwood Gaming shows in his channel and people who are the coders. It is time for you to cut up the project there lol.

Last edited:

ImaginaryVillain

Resident of Silent Hill... Apparently
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really the most exciting thing is now we have access to the core files, so we can pretty much do whatever. I guess when I get home I'll investigate which of the plugins I use/made will be affected by these changes. :LZSwink:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'll just say if you are going to talk about performance, it is best to also drop the specs on your computer.

I just want to see for people having lag at any point what kind of specs they are using. I have yet to get any lag on my computer (but admittedly my computer is pretty decent).

And it isn't just "how much power" there was one line of processors that just handled VX Ace terribly back in the day, so it is good to find commonalities like that.

Last edited:

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The new combat system seemed to work fine. I've always been a bigger fan of pure turn based stuff than real time combat, but for people who like the real time battles, it seems to work well.

By and large, I feel like this engine is gonna work much better than MV... but it's not gonna be perfect. I myself never expect perfection from easy-to-use engines, I find it to be a trade off. The engine is not as powerful as, say, Unreal or Unity. But, you can make a game from the get go, no coding or plugins needed. Do you as a designer think its a good trade off is the key.

I'm interested in testing more when I can make things, instead of just play samples.
I've played one sample of Battle Senki 3D Otome Wars, and got to experience this battle system. It's like when I've played Final Fantasy IV with its gauges charging up.

I definitely prefer pure turn-based where I can do battle at my own pace, not having to wait on the gauge to fill up or having enemies interrupting me while I'm thinking. I'm looking forward to trying MZ out on its release and play around with things.

TheTitan99

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll just say if you are going to talk about performance, it is best to also drop the specs on your computer.

I just want to see for people having lag at any point what kind of specs they are using. I have yet to get any lag on my computer (but admittedly my computer is pretty decent).

And it isn't just "how much power" there was one line of processors that just handled VX Ace terribly back in the day, so it is good to find commonalities like that.
Can do!

Windows 10.
8.0 GB ram.
Intel Core i5-8350U CPU @ 1.70 GHz
~ 50 GBs free Hard drive space.
64 bit

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy Will this DLC be available for MV too ?
@Touchfuzzy Any chance I can get an answer on that ?
Is it planned to release that DLC for MV too or will I be able to buy only this DLC and use it in MV (since it's from a MV product) ?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Touchfuzzy Any chance I can get an answer on that ?
Is it planned to release that DLC for MV too or will I be able to buy only this DLC and use it in MV (since it's from a MV product) ?
We don't have it set up on Steam for MV, but you can always get it on the RMW store.

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If we're going to talk about specs, then maybe someone can give me an estimation of how bad it might run on my Craptop (laptop)?

I'm stuck with this laptop for another few months at the very least, and I'm a bit worried that I'll get lag spikes that'll make development painful. Mostly because cheap laptops like mine lacks a proper graphcis card.

Anyway, this is what I have to work with...

specs1.png
specs2.png

Well, either way I've already pre-ordered the "S-pack" so I guess time will tell. MV does run "fine" for me as long as I don't use any super fancy lightning plugins (like the one Khas made with dynamic lightning). So I hope MZ will run okay too.

That being said. Sometimes when optimization is done so that games will run better on medium to high-end pc's, it'll actually run worse on low-end pc's if the optimization is relying on a graphic card that in cheap laptops aren't really present.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍/ Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
RPG Maker MZ Script Reference [Using core script functions]

This funny note for the MZ lol
@target It is fixed and described as MZ. It is necessary to distinguish it from the plugins created for RPG Maker MV.

This is just different angles of the Stream pictures on the Japan MZ website.
RPG Maker MZ bundle S Buddle Cool looking character, right? [Why I am doing the marketing for KADOKAWA?]:kaopride:
1596765349222.png
1596765363454.png
1596765581172.png

Last edited:

Xelion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
If we're going to talk about specs, then maybe someone can give me an estimation of how bad it might run on my Craptop (laptop)?

I'm stuck with this laptop for another few months at the very least, and I'm a bit worried that I'll get lag spikes that'll make development painful. Mostly because cheap laptops like mine lacks a proper graphcis card.

Anyway, this is what I have to work with...

Well, either way I've already pre-ordered the "S-pack" so I guess time will tell. MV does run "fine" for me as long as I don't use any super fancy lightning plugins (like the one Khas made with dynamic lightning). So I hope MZ will run okay too.

That being said. Sometimes when optimization is done so that games will run better on medium to high-end pc's, it'll actually run worse on low-end pc's if the optimization is relying on a graphic card that in cheap laptops aren't really present.
An integrated GPU shouldn't be a problem at all. RPG Makers are not heavy on graphic processing at all, most of the work is done by the CPU, as with most 2D games. I'd only be worried if you had few RAM (but you have 8GB of RAM) or if you wanted to play modern games or even not so new AAA games.

Last edited:

JetX7

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The new music is great! Scene 6 sounds like a battle phase transition in FFX and Scene 9 sounds like you've just entered a new area in Grandia 2. Side question: Anyone know if a Grandia style battle system is feasible? Like the character battle movement and the ability to cancel out an enemy attack during their casting/movement phase.

Edit: clarification

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just a small note, I'm actually taking a long weekend. So probably not a lot of official answers starting tomorrow. I'll catch up on Monday though :).
Enjoy your long weekend, man. Always nice when those come around.

But as for the update, cool stuff. Not really what Im looking for but certainly doesn't hurt to have all these extra resources if not just for inspiration. Was nice to poke around the japanese site and try out the games on there. In practice, I actually really like the feel of the new animations. And as others have said, the music is fantastic. Also, the little guide for how to make a plugin seems interesting. I know there are already some guides out there here, but I think it would be cool to see something official like that come out here, as well.

Galenmereth

Retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
An integrated GPU shouldn't be a problem at all. RPG Makers are not heavy on graphic processing at all, most of the work is done by the CPU, as with most 2D games. I'd only be worried if you had few RAM (but you have 8GB of RAM) or if you wanted to play modern games or even not so new AAA games.
Not true. MZ uses WebGL render mode which is hardware GPU accelerated; integrated GPU’s older than a few years will struggle, and so will some newer ones, depending on the model.

SJWebster

Too old for this ****
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The beginner plugin course stuff is all being translated to En as well, it is just taking a bit.
I'm looking forward to these. Plugins are pretty much the one area I've not tried my hand at yet so to see some official tutorials would be amazing! Any kind of ETA on the English translations?

waynee95

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will MZ also get a linux port? Anything mentioned on that front? I haven't read all previews.

Heartless_Angel

Lv. 666
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Will MZ also get a linux port? Anything mentioned on that front? I haven't read all previews.
Well I sure hope so for all Linux users...
Atm it does not look that way, even the sample games are all Windows and Mac only...

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not true. MZ uses WebGL render mode which is hardware GPU accelerated; integrated GPU’s older than a few years will struggle, and so will some newer ones, depending on the model.
Man, this is what I was afraid of, although I hope that’s a truth with modification and that at least the development in the engine does not lag... like it does in PixelGame Maker MV.

Gah, gotta save up some money and buy a new laptop, somehow.
It’s fun how life tends to go though;

You’re young and you don’t have ANY money. Then one day, you grow up and start working so suddenly you have DO have money. A few years down the line you start a family though and all money goes away again. Until your kids grow up, move out, and start paying for themselves - all the money comes back! ...until you stop working and have to live of your pension. Because now you’re broke again. :kaocry:

Oh well, this has very little to do with this thread to I’ll stop the rant here.

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Trinity Pack looks pretty neat, I'm probably getting the normal bundle (will get the "S" stuff at a later time)

I LOVE having more themes to work with, but there's not much place for it in my MV project, and it won't match MZ graphics...so it will have to be a separate project. Once I see a few resources or start using a generator I get new ideas really quick though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

"Humble Bundle Sound Designer Bundle" just noticed this with a day left. Useful for those of you who want to mix your own music. :LZSwink:
Lots of artists very active right now :)
I'll try all of my gestures.

This Is Vasily. I like him very much
If any composer here would like me to use their music as background on my plugin videos, just let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rasdf