RPG Maker MZ, Preview #6: MV Trinity Resource Pack Previews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's kind of funny seeing the little chibi warriors face off against normal enemies 3 times their size.

I'd probably get this on some sort of sale though, but I couldn't guarantee when that would be for a new release such as this. Maybe the first opportunity would be around Christmas this year?
I mean it is but I'm someone that has seen Chibi characters fight and kill towering gods before.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't mind small player sprites vs large enemies so much, it's such a basic old school RPG staple. You can always make your own sprites, if it bothers you that much.

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't mind small player sprites vs large enemies so much, it's such a basic old school RPG staple. You can always make your own sprites, if it bothers you that much.
Eh part of that is getting the frame work improved or changed to take that into account. One reason I'm gonna wait is to see how the plugins are moved over.

That said, those new enemies and tiles look okay.

Coelocanth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And I'm wondering. Since they removed the M4A, it turns out that he was not needed. As far as I know, M4A is used on some platforms. And it turns out well. Now MZ puts a bolt on these platforms or why was it introduced into MV then?
The mobile platforms have moved on a lot in 5 years. Whatever issue there was with oggs is probably no longer relevant. It probably means the minimum version of android is higher, but people mostly keep phones for less time than computers.

Did they get rid of canvas mode?
Yes - I diffed the MV core scripts against the 0.9.5 MZ core scripts and this is one of the removed features. Along with making WebAudio mandatory. (every common browser except internet explorer supports it now)

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh no...

Tried to play two of the japanese demo games and got this Error message from both of them saying "Error: Failed to initialize graphics.".

I did expect some lags or slowown but not that the games wouldn't even run... :kaocry:

ERROR.png

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Parallax Panda Ruh oh ... hit F12 and type 'Utils.canUseWebGL()' into the console, and see if that comes up false.

Alexandr_7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
The amount of resources can still be bigger than MV's even if the whole resource size is lower.

M4A audio files were used for mobile export. I think they said now OGG works for that too, but I can't really say what's the technical reason.
The fact is that the problem of copying RTP to the project folder remains. The problem is that the function exclude unused resources can also exclude resources used by plugins. Which makes it impossible to use it together with file encryption.
And this cannot be fixed. To prevent this from happening, all the resources in the plugins must be indexed, but no one is doing this and most plugins do not specify these parameters. Which leads to the fact that resources are considered unused.

Heartless_Angel

Lv. 666
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh no...

Tried to play two of the japanese demo games and got this Error message from both of them saying "Error: Failed to initialize graphics.".

I did expect some lags or slowown but not that the games wouldn't even run... :kaocry:

View attachment 154498
That´s because some japanese games have some unicode and other things going on.
So it happends that you can not play them, same applies here to my knowledge.
I can play all Japanese games also those demos give me 0 problems.
That´s because I use Jap Language pack and local emulator.
This fixes those problems for me, you can try it too if you want.
Else if it´s not worth your time, just skip those demos that not run on your pc.
Try playing all the other demos, if not a single one works, normally they should...
then report back here with more information.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Nah, seems to come back as 'true'. But there is an error log there (that I can't understand but someone else probably can).

ERROR2.png

@Heartless_Angel
I'm pretty sure I have full support to run Japanese apps on my computer (I actually live and work in Japan and run Japanese apps and type in Japanese all the time).

I'll try the other games too but so far 2/2 games gives the same error so I wouldn't be surprised if none of them will run.

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Parallax Panda Hmm, seems like there may be an issue while initalizing Effekseer (the replacement for sprite animation sheets). That should not be happening if WebGL is supported ...

Galenmereth

Retired
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nah, seems to come back as 'true'. But there is an error log there (that I can't understand but someone else probably can).

View attachment 154504

@Heartless_Angel
I'm pretty sure I have full support to run Japanese apps on my computer (I actually live and work in Japan and run Japanese apps and type in Japanese all the time).

I'll try the other games too but so far 2/2 games gives the same error so I wouldn't be surprised if none of them will run.
Try to type `Graphics._createEffekseerContext()` in the console and see if that spits out a more detailed error at that point.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Galenmereth
It did not spit out any answer at all it seems?

I did try the other games too but they all show the same error msg's upon startup. So I tried if the games would start on my wife's HP laptop instead since it was bought 1-2 years after mine and slightly better. And yeah, the games runs on her laptop fine with a stable 60fps for the most time. Some dips into 50 and even 30 fps do occurs just when I enter a new map but it's only for a fraction of a second while everything loads. Playing animations all over the screen doesn't seem to change the fps much either.

Her laptop has slightly better specs though...

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 <-- (Assume this is the integrated video card)
8 GB RAM (not sure what kind of ram though...)
Windows 10 Home

Might try to convince her to let me use her laptop until I can buy a new one... since she doesn't use it anyway. Unfortunately for me, it's a Japanese laptop with Japanese keyboard layout and I know that would annoy me to death in the long run. :kaolivid:
...and I think her laptop has a mechanical HHD. :kaocry:

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Based on what we've seen in the previews and the jap sample MZ games--for people who have a good eye for graphics and art - how compatible do you think the MZ tiles are with MV's? There are a large selection of awesome edits for walls, roofs, cliffs, and such from people like avery, hiddenone, etc., - and I know there will eventually be resources from the MZ source material - but do you think the style is close enough that most MV tiles can be blended in with MZ's RTP?

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Based on what we've seen in the previews and the jap sample MZ games--for people who have a good eye for graphics and art - how compatible do you think the MZ tiles are with MV's? There are a large selection of awesome edits for walls, roofs, cliffs, and such from people like avery, hiddenone, etc., - and I know there will eventually be resources from the MZ source material - but do you think the style is close enough that most MV tiles can be blended in with MZ's RTP?
Currently, it doesn't look as if the MV tilesets and the MZ tilesets are graphically compatible with each, but there's a way to make them graphically compatible with each other. Yesterday, I did edit my post on page 5 to include instructions and suggestions on how to make the MV tilesets and the MZ tilesets graphically match with each other, so I recommend you to check those tips out.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@jonthefox I think most of the MZ RTP will work nicely with MV tiles. There's a few things that might stand out if used as is, but you can desaturate them slightly to make them more compatible. For the most part, it really is just a rework of the MV RTP. Some of the Japanese demos themselves mix MV and MZ tiles and sprites.

Last edited:

RastaMan

Grouchy Mountain Dwarf
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
By the way, i can start up 5 of 6 Japanese demos.
But one of them bring me error about "missing tileset" and this is sad... :ysad:

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
The fact is that the problem of copying RTP to the project folder remains. The problem is that the function exclude unused resources can also exclude resources used by plugins. Which makes it impossible to use it together with file encryption.
And this cannot be fixed. To prevent this from happening, all the resources in the plugins must be indexed, but no one is doing this and most plugins do not specify these parameters. Which leads to the fact that resources are considered unused.
I think it would be easy if plugins aren't marking static paths as required assets.

What I'm more concerned with is when the filenames are specified by users, or the filenames are generated dynamically at runtime. Not much you can do there in general

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
for make people happy I think + making the typescript me and Kino are documenting the whole CODE base
it's an Early wip but you get exact return of the variables

I am letting kino do it once he can but the doc will look similar to the MZ API / Pixi.js API and in the late I might bind it to the Help file so it doesn't need to go online for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.
Ami
Me: It's dark cloudy! I hope it's Rain…
(2-3 Hours Later,Changed To Sunny)
Me: :kaolivid:
EpicFILE wrote on Dr_Bonehead's profile.
Dr_Bonehead? You're in this forum too? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fontschoice