Eden019

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have used RPG Maker MV on my first game, and I'm already thinking about the next game soon enough on RPG Maker MZ , unfortunately; I haven't seen enough tips & tricks for MZ (MVs have a lot of useful tutorials like Yanfly MV's Tips & tricks on Youtube.)

I look at the Visustella's Plugin website, she mentioned the MZ Visustella Plugins are converted from MV's Yanfly Engine Plugins.
So does it mean those Yanfly's tips & tricks are still compatible for MZ? I feel it's a very good collection of tutorials. Kind of wasted if it's not compatible.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
They will need edits, as the base code is not the same. You will want to find the thread by trihan for more on that.

Also this would be better in Javascript support since the code uses Javascript, so I moved it there.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was about to link my thread but Turan beat me to it.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks both of you. I didn't have it available when I mentioned it.

Eden019

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
Never expect something like this.
Nice! Thanks for the help, everyone. especially for Trihan's work!

Kaszdev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have used RPG Maker MV on my first game, and I'm already thinking about the next game soon enough on RPG Maker MZ , unfortunately; I haven't seen enough tips & tricks for MZ (MVs have a lot of useful tutorials like Yanfly MV's Tips & tricks on Youtube.)

I look at the Visustella's Plugin website, she mentioned the MZ Visustella Plugins are converted from MV's Yanfly Engine Plugins.
So does it mean those Yanfly's tips & tricks are still compatible for MZ? I feel it's a very good collection of tutorials. Kind of wasted if it's not compatible.
I personally would not use the yanfly or visustella plugins since they usually change the ToS to take money from clueless people but it's your choice.

Last edited:

Eden019

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, Hopefully they won't change the ToS anymore. anyway, I'm still considering to buy the complete Visustella (access key?)...
if it doesn't work out ; I'll find out alternatives.

Kaszdev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, Hopefully they won't change the ToS anymore. anyway, I'm still considering to buy the complete Visustella (access key?)...
if it doesn't work out ; I'll find out alternatives.
They're like hyenas hungry for the money in your pocket, believe me. There are a lot of free alternatives you just gotta search, or learn how scripts call work.

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
They're like hyenas hungry for the money in your pocket, believe me. There are a lot of free alternatives you just gotta search, or learn how scripts call work.
I see nothing from the current ToS as egregiously predatory. What problem was there previously?

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think the problem stems from the fact that all Yanfly's VXAce scripts were free, as were something like 200 MV plugins. Then, as a result of some people stealing his code and selling it as their own, plus some outrageous demands from self-entitled developers (they really were bad) he decided that they weren't going to be free anymore, but paid for. They were dirt cheap, but a lot of people were enraged, as if they had a right to free plugins. Well, imo, they don't have that right. Now MZ plugins have been paid-for from the beginning. Some people have never forgiven him. They have, however, never come up with a workable solution to the fact that they want free plugins, but Yanfly and the VS team have to put food on the table.

It's worth remembering that all the basic plugins and some utility plugins are still free. You only pay if you want extra bells and whistles in your game and don't know how to do it yourself.

Kaszdev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Most of their plugins are basic, paid or free.
Stuff you can do studying the table of scripts calls are sold as "the greatest features". They take advantage of the little knowledge of the newbies to sell their generic plugins plus they change the terms of use. They are parasites.
I think the problem stems from the fact that all Yanfly's VXAce scripts were free, as were something like 200 MV plugins. Then, as a result of some people stealing his code and selling it as their own, plus some outrageous demands from self-entitled developers (they really were bad) he decided that they weren't going to be free anymore, but paid for. They were dirt cheap, but a lot of people were enraged, as if they had a right to free plugins. Well, imo, they don't have that right. Now MZ plugins have been paid-for from the beginning. Some people have never forgiven him. They have, however, never come up with a workable solution to the fact that they want free plugins, but Yanfly and the VS team have to put food on the table.

It's worth remembering that all the basic plugins and some utility plugins are still free. You only pay if you want extra bells and whistles in your game and don't know how to do it yourself.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
They are parasites
On the basis of that logic so are those who charge for graphics or music, especially SEs.

I am curious about one thing though. Why are you so antagonistic towards someone who declines to subsidise your hobby/business venture (depending on whether your game is free or commercial)?

But it seems to me that this is derailing the thread, which would be discourteous to the OP, so perhaps we should drop it.

Kaszdev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, i just was warning him.
Sorry for going off topic.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
plus they change the terms of use.
Not to continue the derailment, but since you feel it necessary to warn the OP, so do I - there's no such thing.

The terms of use for anything you have is established at the time you gain ownership of it. There's no such thing as the author "changing the terms of use" once you've purchased/downloaded something.

Now you may not think or bother to create a copy of the EULA for everything you download for your records, so the problem (if something somehow changed in it that could negatively affect you? I have no clue what this guy is on about) would be proving those original terms...but they don't change.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yep. US law the ToS is what you got at posession. You got a document even that proves your ToS at that time. Any attempt to change that retroactiveally against you would lose in US courts (and has as game companies have tried it already and they lost).

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It is, at the same time, silly to imagine that terms will never change over time as products evolve and gain extra features/concerns. That doesn't mean you're now beholden to the updated terms, it only applies to new customers.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Yeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Also we are kinda off topic now. If the OP's post has been answered we can close this thread if they have nothing more to ask. But let us know if that is the case.

Eden019

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Empty
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi all. It's very sad to see the pay wall of Yanfly plugins nowadays , even if I purchase the plugins someday, I will keep the EULA or usually the readme files of the term of use.

Well, I've got the answer, please close this topic ,
if we must, we can discuss about it at a new post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

working on an A/V sync system for my game! was NOT expecting the first roadblock to be accessing a variable from a public class!! Computers are so finicky sometimes :kaosigh:
For the first real time since my game's inception I found myself actually having fun playing around with my party's skills while testing out some battles! So much so, that I actually forgot what I was doing for a minute and had to force myself to move on to the next thing! :guffaw:

That's got to be a good sign considering it only has place holder animations, enemy skills, troop comps, etc. right now. Feels good!
Bex
Finally upgraded to RMMZ.
ScreenShot_11_28_2022_7_52_34.png
FINALLY, I figured out how to get the "tail" to appear IN the window and not directly below it lol. now it looks like it's part of the window and not hanging from the bottom of it.
Twitch! Stream is about to go live with some Dark Souls 2! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hahah520