RPG Maker MZ/RPG Maker Unity for consoles?

KyouSan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, everyone

I don't know if I'm in the right place here, but I have 2 questions

1. Can I create commercial games with RPG Maker MZ? I want to be an indie developer and I want to release the games on consoles like Nintendo Switch and maybe Steam too, if the games are good and I make the money, is that possible? And if so, does this also apply to RPG Maker Unity?

Last question: I want to make a game like Pokemon but in its own way and style like Nexomon. Need people to help me come up with a good game name for a possible market game. Right now I'm calling Dexomon. I hope someone has a good game idea

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is an English language site and all posts are supposed to be in English.

For your first question, the answer is yes.

For the second, what works in one language won't necessarily work in another. So asking may be a bit pointless.

KyouSan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I know I know I changed it to english and sry it was google translators fault because he automatically translated it on german

Zeriab

Huggins!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
For Unite check out https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1650950?emclan=103582791471478969&emgid=3270200273186678147

7th RPG Maker Unite Q&A
Q: Can RPG Maker Unite Build Console Games?
A: Officially, RPG Maker Unite only supports a total of 5 Platforms - Windows / Mac, Android / iOS, and WebGL.

In order to build games for TV consoles on Unity, users must first register with the console manufacturers to get permission to download, and install the corresponding Unity modules. This registration process would require the user’s own action, thus while we are not against it, we will not be able to provide official support for console builds.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
MZ does not create games that can be played on consoles.

KyouSan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Deutsch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
because I thought RPG Maker Unity is similiar to Unity
You're mixing up a lot of things here.

First, there is (to my knowledge) absolutely no RPG Maker Unity.
What there is, is something called RPG Maker Unite, and that is basically a framework and User Interface working on top of Unity, which means you need both RPG Maker Unite and Unity despite being developed by two different people/teams.

Second, while RPG Maker Unite CAN export to PS4/PS5, Android, iOS and more (see latest development blog on steam), that has actually nothing to do with Steam and often requires an additional developer licence for the target console.
Basically you are using an editor and engine supplied through Steam to make a game that works completely independent of Steam itself. Where and how to distribute that game is then your decision, and depending on the target platform you might need (for most consoles) or not (for PCs and android) an additional paid licence for that distribution. That includes Steam who would have an additional fee if you want to distribute your game through them.

In all cases, RPG Maker MV and MZ are NOT Unite and work a lot differently than that product.
Only the user interface will be similar between them.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

KDS
Hey guys! Iam currently updating my free digital art shop , let me know if you need anything done :) https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/kds-free-open-digital-art-shop.17097/
Hello! I’d like to ask where is a good place to start logging about my game dev progress as production of my game goes forth
In one of our campus classrooms was a bag full of stuff people forgot there... my bag. That I forgot there xD
You know your room is too tiny for how much stuff you have when it gives you literal insomnia. I just cleared a bunch of stuff out and man it feels good!
1670381555475.png
Meet the Kernel. You encounter him in cyberspace. He's important!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Edujandro