How strongly do you agree/disagree: I still feel like MV is better than MZ due to available plugins.

• Disagree Strongly

Votes: 21 14.1%
  • Disagree

Votes: 34 22.8%
  • Neutral

Votes: 29 19.5%
  • Agree

Votes: 28 18.8%
  • Agree Strongly

Votes: 37 24.8%

• Total voters

Isaac The Red

RedMage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Gibberish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1. If you are using RPG Maker MZ for your current game, what plugins are you using?
Primarily Visustella plugins, since 90% of my needs when using MV were handled by Yanfly's extensive plugin library, I put the extra money down on supporting the Visustella team in their endeavor to bring that expansive library to MZ it may be expensive in the eyes of a lot of RPG maker users, especially considering a good majority of us used Yanfly's work for years for free, But the quality is top notch. Aside from this, I'm looking into the fork of terrax lighting 'Community Lighting' and SumRndmdde's new Hud Maker plugin.

2. If you have not moved to RPG Maker MZ at this time: How much is the plugin landscape (number of plugins for MV vs MZ) a part of that decision?

N/A

3. What plugin creator has produced the most impactful plugins across MV and MZ for your development?

Without a doubt, Yanfly & Team Visustella, But I have to give props to a lot of other plugin devs Himeworks, Mog Hunter, Terrax, SumRndmdde, etc.

4. What plugin available for RPG Maker MV would you like to see remade for RPG Maker MZ?

I remember a fully functional and featured Materia system a japanese plugin maker made including a configuration software that let you easily make your materia list including the skills levels and ap costs etc of everything. I may or may not ever use it, but it would be cool to see that project remade for MZ.

5. What area of RPG Maker MZ do you feel still needs more plugins (Character Progression, Message System, Battle System, UI, Movement, etc.)?

Not really sure, I think most of the general purpose mods have been made and it's kind of down to niche 'my specific game would benefit from x mod' rather than anything that really needs to be made.

6. If you could have one plugin created for MZ that doesn't currently exist (either existing for MV or completely original) what would it be?

Actor/Enemy sprite state customization. I don't know how you would name the plugin, but it's essentially a quality of life kind of plugin that would let you set your default actor images as per normal, but using note tags or plugin parameters set specific sprite sheets for specific states, or health percentages etc. example enemies being able to easily have 'damaged' art without the 'transformation' action to change what mob they are. Or streamline a transformation skill for a player character so that using a state "ssj" changes an actors normal battle sprite sheet to a different one representing the transformed state with a single note tag rather than the many steps we need to perform now to do that same thing. This would let people customize the visual presentation of their characters and imparting better visual cues for what's happening in battle and elsewhere.

LTB-Dude

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1. If you are using RPG Maker MZ for your current game, what plugins are you using?

Many, but mainly Galv, Himeworks, and Mog.

2. If you have not moved to RPG Maker MZ at this time: How much is the plugin landscape (number of plugins for MV vs MZ) a part of that decision?
N/A

3. What plugin creator has produced the most impactful plugins across MV and MZ for your development?

Galv, Himeworks, and Mog.

4. What plugin available for RPG Maker MV would you like to see remade for RPG Maker MZ?

I am big fan of tactical stuff. So ofc, any tactical ones, especially LTBS.

5. What area of RPG Maker MZ do you feel still needs more plugins (Character Progression, Message System, Battle System, UI, Movement, etc.)?

battle system

6. If you could have one plugin created for MZ that doesn't currently exist (either existing for MV or completely original) what would it be?

LTBS, or anything related/similar.

Kalombi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I like the mystery! We are a new development team and have chosen to go with MZ.
Would you be interested in working with us as a consultant?

Would love to tell you more about our game plan

My own

My plugins work with both...

Me

Surprise ~ My own

Why would i give your team my plugin ideas? get your own! :D

I refer you to answer #5

just fyi ~ there is more than one.

#shillin
[

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
uhhh... I mean, if your serious that should be discussed in pm.

But in all reality, I probably cant spare the time that you would like/need :p

Zelgadis85

IGMC 17/18 Entrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi everyone. We're doing a short poll to try to determine the feelings that everyone has on the current state of Plugins for MZ.

If you can both vote in the poll question and then answer the following questions in the thread:

Not using MZ primarily yet, but with VisuStella plugins, I might just take the leap. Also using SumRndmDde's Hud Maker Ultra. And MZ3D plugin by CutieVirus or whatever her nickname is in these forums (sorry, I forgot)

Pretty much the main reason, really. MV has some plugins that are not implemented yet.

Yanfly, for sure. SumRndmDde, Galv, HimeWorks, DreamX to some extent.

Two, actually. Independent Items that was part of YEP Item Core plugin and DreamX's Random Prefix/Suffix for that phat Diablo loot.

Apart from the ones mentioned above, I'd like a random character creator ingame for some of my projects.

Something that makes blockbuster games for me and publishes them as well :rswt

(jk)

Kalombi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
From the Dev team of PowerParametrics working on Fifefer's Island (Name of the game.

We've been primarily using VisuMZ and MOG plugins (MOG is an italian programmer who we've found useful UI plugins). We are working with Starbird Resources that is developing a quiz plugin to use in our game, allowing us to ask the player multiple choice and true false questions. We are still looking for more good plugins to use.

We started fresh in December and weighed the decision between using MZ or MV. In the end, because we didn't have any investments in MV we decided to go with the newer more powerful software.

VisuMZ and we are working really well with Starbird Resources.

So far, there have been many transitions of plugins from MV to MZ that we've needed. There are some tilesets and asset libraries we'd like to see available for MZ.

The character progression and movement.

A way to make the in-game menu more intuitive or different. Maybe there are some out there that I'm not aware of.

Hope this helps, we've been happy with our decision to go with MZ over MV!

ultima666

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’m not using MZ. My current MV project is huge and complicated, with 140 plugins, so there’s no point in new Maker for me. Especially without any compatibility of both versions. It’s like you build a castle on a cliff with nice view and someone gives you opportunity to move on another cliff with even better view. Would you disassemble your castle to move there? I wouldn’t.

Just as I said above about 140 plugins and possibility to upgrade my MV project to MZ in few clicks.

A lot of them! Yanfly, DK, Victor, SRDude, Waynee95 and many other great people!

It’s hard to pick one. Some good plugins as YEP_OptionCore and DKTools_Localization are must have in every project. If pick one, I’d say VE_DualWield cause in MZ attacking with both hands still looks weird. It should be separated attacks with separated animation and effects.

Core. I mean start new MZ project and check options. Where’s everything? Hot keys? Controller? Screen resolution? Switch language? Also MZ needs more blend modes. Where’s overlay, hard light and another pixi stuff? Also it would be nice if MZ has some tools for parallax mapping and light management.

Z axis. If a character steps on a ladder, he moves z+1. Another step makes him go on height =2. So now he can move across a bridge, which is also at height 2. However, if the character moves downstairs on height 0, he can go under the bridge. You can do a lot of cool stuff with it, like in old good “Golden Sun”.

P.S. Actually, I have no clue, which plugins already exist for MZ so I’ll be thankful if you correct me.
Anyway, I hope this post was helpful.

Last edited:

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm sorta not using MZ but sorta am? I'm basically using the MZ editor for QOL features with the MV corescripts and then porting changes to an MV project. It mostly works minus effseeker animations and MZ plugins?

It's a massive part of the equation. I know that a large amount of the plugins I absolutely require for the type of games I make no longer have active developers.

I do use Yanfly plugins, but the thing that I absolutely cannot find with MZ is SumRandomDude's stuff, which is absolutely required for me. The character creator EX (allows portraits and sprites of actors to be created from parts and called as multiple configurations, aka facesets based on variables and other things) among other things are musts.

SRD's character creator EX, dynamic actors, and everything related to those plugins. Honestly, I use a modified version of CCEX since I don't actually let players create the character, but rather modify the character's appearance based on other things that happen in the game.

See 4, I mostly haven't looked into the available plugins because of that.

A way to layer pictures on existing facesets would be nice.

Also, a platformer plugin would be nice, as brute forcing that doesn't really come out nice.

Other:
In general, I feel like I want is just a core script substitute that would allow me to use both MZ and MV features and plugins. I'm currently using the MZ editor on my project using the MV corescripts and plugins, so it doesn't seem like much of an impossibility since 90% of the basic commands translate perfectly to the editor, only thing that doesn't work are MZ plugins with an MV project, MZ animations with the MV project scripts, and the name plates which don't matter since I use macros and yanfly plugins for those anyway, which is why I bother with the hybrid config with the editor.

I think that would also solve the fundamental issue of plugin developers having been thinned out through the MV generation. Might be too much to ask IDK.

I'd buy such a unified corescript as DLC, tbh.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.
Ever reach that moment in your life when your juggling a dozen or more projects that you know will never be made but don't have the heart to delete them? Ugh, I hate those moments...
:kaosigh: Why must you hurt me so?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OMEGASS