LyonBuster

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am just curious about it and i also know that it may look like a downgrade. However, as it is Javascript after all and there are some interesting Plugins made from MZ, is there any plugin converter from MZ to MV?
In this link I can see the issue is between data structure and map structure so the issue is to convert those structures from the youngest to the oldest one.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
is there any plugin converter from MZ to MV?
Most of the data structures are the same. So you don't need to convert most of the MZ data structure to MV, with an exception to animation (MZ uses Effekseer) and probably the system.

map structure
Map data structure (as in Map00x.json and MapInfos.json) appears to be the same, but don't quote me on that. I don't have MV right now to check my claim, but I see no reason why the map structure has to be different. Yes, MZ has multiple layers, but it goes the same as MV. The MV editor just does not have access to the layer system in the editor.

As for animation data, there is no way to convert it to MV unless there is a plugin to play Effekseer animation in MV.

LyonBuster

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So to sum up, all may work well without conversion except animation data and main system...
This sounds good, and so I have been answered, Thanks @TheoAllen !!

Aerosys

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, so as far as I understood, you want to convert Plugins, not Projects, from MZ to MV? There are more changes in the code base of MV and MZ than just Animation etc. For instance, in MZ Window_Base accepts a Rectangle as argument, whereas MV accepts x, y, w, h. Well, this can be solved by writing a Plugin for sure, like this one, just the other way round.. But still, there are many changes between MV and MZ code, so I doubt that you can write a converter that magically converts Plugins.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A little more to the point...MV has been around for years and has tons of plugins. Most of the work done for MZ plugins so far is to replicate/port plugins that were already written for MV.

What are you looking at for MZ plugins that don't already exist for MV?

LyonBuster

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This can be solved by writing a Plugin for sure, like this one, just the other way round.. But still, there are many changes between MV and MZ code, so I doubt that you can write a converter that magically converts Plugins.
This may be the answer to what i ask. Instead of using a "magical converter" maybe to use a plugin to change the MZ to MV is a better idea.
Most of the work done for MZ plugins so far is to replicate/port plugins that were already written for MV.
Yeah I know, but maybe some of those ports are like... remasters? The last one I looked for was key input, but not as Yanfly's but also with decimals. I didn't try it or having read it carefully as I don't have MZ. The RMMZ Plugin i mention is Input Dialog. Maybe it truly can be used in RMMV or it can be perfectly replicated and it hasn't been done yet.

LyonBuster

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This may be the answer to what i ask. Instead of using a "magical converter" maybe to use a plugin to change the MZ to MV is a better idea.

Yeah I know, but maybe some of those ports are like... remasters? The last one I looked for was key input, but not as Yanfly's but also with decimals. I didn't try it or having read it carefully as I don't have MZ. The RMMZ Plugin i mention is Input Dialog. Maybe it truly can be used in RMMV or it can be perfectly replicated and it hasn't been done yet.
Maybe I am blind, but i have already read the comments and have seen that this exact plugin has a RMMV part too.

However, this question was mostly based on curiosity @ATT_Turan

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

@LyonBuster, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Doing RPG Maker News #18 | Moghunter is Back, Encrypt MV/MZ Plugins, Isometric Geometric Tiles
Unironically, no joke, after consideration and self-reflection, I have decided that the best thing for my creative/workflow/commitment problems is to spend EVEN MOAR hours a day playing videogames than I normally do. (Micro-thread)
FINALLY got my weather system implemented. Who needs a black mage when you have a weathermancer! :p
Oh boy! COVID19 lockdown again! Good thing I already never go outside! :D
This one is less showing off and more 'I really don't know how I feel about this one.' The 'child' sprite template I made either works great or doesn't at times. (She is a fairy, so I made her small).
Morgan.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MS278