Admin
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
RPG Maker
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello RPG Makers!
Thank you for using RPG Maker MZ, as always, we appreciate your support! We hope you are enjoying it so far. The latest update for RPG Maker MZ, Version 1.1.0, is now live with new features, changes and bug fixes!

New features
  1. You can now add the Tileset Property, STAR, to Tileset A.
  2. Added the "Align bottom" option for animations.

Updates
  1. Character Generator Faces have been updated so they can be moved without showing any cropping.
  2. The following plugins have been updated:
    • ExtraImage.js
    • AdjustPictureGraphical.js
    • DevToolsManage.js
    • ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ.js
    • BattleVoiceMZ.js
    • SubMembersAttendBattle.js

Bug Fixes
  1. Eyebrows have been updated to fit correctly with any skin color.
  2. The graphic in tilesets/Outside_B big window A has been updated.
  3. When changing window size, actor/ event / map position, they will no longer be positioned incorrectly.
  4. When an effect could not play correctly, it will no longer display the wrong error message.
  5. Adjusted Code to prevent gauges from overlapping text when HP, MP and TP are more than 2 characters.
  6. When an ally has AI set and they cannot hurt the enemy, it will no longer soft lock.
  7. Portuguese translation of move route, Turn away from player, is now fixed.
  8. Changed the output "browser" to "Browser / Android / IOS" for better understanding.
  9. "Browser" export now deploys all files in the folder selected before creating the www folder.
  10. Deployment process now removes non game related ID files from the deployed version: atsumaru_id.txt, workshop.json, workshop.png

How to update your project(s):
  • Create a backup of your project or only its data and js folders. Updating can sometimes cause your project to break so this is for the safety of your hard work!

• Update your project by going to the Main Tool Bar -> Game -> Update Corescript option.

• To get the graphical updates, create a new project and copy the following files from the newly created project to your project folder:
    • img/tilesets/Outside_B.png

Last edited by a moderator:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nice update! My project works just fine after the update and my plugins all work without any issues.

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm glad to see that there's an update, but where is it?

nksx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wheres the download link for non steam users?

Also how does he have the menus black? mine are blue

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Degica Shop purchasers can just redownload from the link in their email. (The download for the trial should also be 1.1.0 for other standalone purchasers but currently isn't I'm getting that updated right now will respond again once I have it.)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Man, now I really wish I could grab MZ. Star passability on A tiles, plus easier updating of corescripts.

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Degica Shop purchasers can just redownload from the link in their email. (The download for the trial should also be 1.1.0 for other standalone purchasers but currently isn't I'm getting that updated right now will respond again once I have it.)
Nope, Trial is still version 1.0.1, mail link is still 1.0.2 just checked and downloaded them twice as of the moment of this post.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm aware it is the wrong version. I've alerted the person who needs to change it. As soon as it is updated I'll let you know.

nksx

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just downloaded from mail 1.10

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In this version, the default male outfit's collar seems to be misplaced (really small gap between left side collar and his chin) and two parts of the collar are cropped.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I want to thank everyone for making the latest update possible. The Star Tileset Property for Tile A is a major game changer and a great addition to RMMZ. Granted, judgement call will be needed when it comes to figuring out how to use the Star Tileset Property for Tile A, but this does save some time from creating a plugin for Underpass Tile.

EDIT - I wanted to add more to what I earlier meant by doing a judgement call when it came to using Star Tileset Property for Tile A. That particular update is very excellent and I don't discourage anyone from using it at all, but everyone has to keep in mind that impassable tiles from Tile A (like the walls and house walls) will remain impassable if they are drawn on Layer 1, even if those tiles are set to star instead of X. However, impassable tiles from Tile A that are set to star will no longer be impassable if they are drawn on Layers 2 through 4. Also, I advise to be cautious with the decision of using the star property for the walls and for the house walls. Even when the walls and house walls are drawn on Layer 1, the star property will treat those tiles as above other tiles unless the other tiles are set to star property. For example, a temple wall is set to star property, and when half of the chair tile is drawn on top of that wall, that tile is drawn underneath the wall instead of on top of the wall due to the top half of the chair being set to X. At this point, you will have to either set the top half of the chair to star property in order to be drawn on top of the wall or not set the star property to the wall. There may be other options and workarounds, but those two aforementioned options would be the top two options to solve the problem. Fortunately, the tops of the walls and the roofs of the houses are another story and will highly benefit from the star property. Just remember that the wall tops and house roofs that are set to star property are impassable when they are on Layer 1, but that's not the case whey they are drawn on Layers 2 through 4.

Last edited:

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found another error under Female. The one that is X'd is the latest version 1.1.0.

Attachments

KillerGin

Freddie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Awesome, awesome! Just in time! Since my first game is done (in MV), I will start my second game in MZ! Let's see what all the hug bub is about!

Lion Blade Soler

Autistic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's another tip that I would like to bring up that I should have brought up earlier about the Tileset A Star Property. I recommend using the OverpassTile plugin along with the Tileset A Star Property in some cases. The OverpassTile plugin is very useful for when you want for the characters to be on top of the Tileset A tiles on some instances and for them to go under those same tiles on some other instances. In other words, you could treat the upper tiles of the cliffs (the upper left, the upper center, and the upper right) in the same way that you would treat the bridge tiles with the OverpassTile plugin, for example. Also, events that use sprites that are not set Above Characters will be drawn under the Tileset A tiles that are set to the Star Property; that could be a problem, but it could also be an advantage if you want to have characters hidden behind some Tileset A tiles.

Rinober

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only a few weeks ago I faced some problems when I tried to do some underwater mapping. I thought a star passability on autotiles would be an easy way to solve all my problems, and here it is. Thank you for this amazing update. It seems like a tiny function, but it's SO useful!

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
I've been looking forward to Star passability for A tiles forever it feels. Now I don't have to do this whole song and dance number just to have taller characters look right when walking against walls. By the by, this also solves having non standard sprite widths to some degrees. The roofs and walls will cover the bits "sticking out" of the hitbox. Breath Of Fire 2 worked like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy