RPG Maker Needs To Break Its' Limits

Sailerius

Engineer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Considering where MS and Sony are taking their gaming industry, I'm thinking Nintendo might be more supportive of RM developers. I agree that Wii U might be a more logical platform.
Nintendo vocally hates indie developers. With Sony's PlayStation Mobile initiative and Microsoft's XNA, it's much more likely that they'll support us going forward. Nintendo is a lost cause.

Kaiser

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nintendo will take back their words in about ehh...4 months or so, but I think they meant they don't want to deal with "garage developers" the ones who put their games on the online stores for free, but rather their definition of professional developers. They don't care about the hobbyist there is no money to be made in that, no matter how good said developer is.The only time they would care about the "garage developer" and the indie developer is when they want to purchase a dev kit.

BigEd781

undefined method 'stupid_title' found for nil:NilC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dothraki
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nintendo vocally hates indie developers. With Sony's PlayStation Mobile initiative and Microsoft's XNA, it's much more likely that they'll support us going forward. Nintendo is a lost cause.
Well, Nintendo has relegated themselves to serve an audience almost exclusively made up of children and (very) casual gamers, so who cares?

On a side note, XNA may be dying out. Adoption has been trending downward for the past 4 years or so, support on XBox is pretty bad (may explain the adoption issue), and while Windows 8 technically supports XNA games, it is not the "recommended development path", which just screams of deprecation. Here is a discussion on the issue if anyone is interested: http://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/22292/what-is-the-future-of-xna-in-windows-8-or-how-will-manged-games-be-developed-in

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If they really hate indie developers, then why the Nintendo e-shop is filled with indie games?

Clord

Nya~
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
If they really hate indie developers, then why the Nintendo e-shop is filled with indie games?
At least in the past. Nintendo has made sure that their name is almost everywhere they can put it (Advance, N64, etc naming requirements for games even if they have nothing else to do with them than hogging part of the money.)

But yeah. About this thread itself. I'm pretty sure that selling games made with RPG Maker series for handhelds like iPhones would be like a wet dream for some.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just imagine, MZ got released while still on summer sale and they decided to discount their game. lol.
Now that I found an accessible composing software, all the melodies that only lived inside my head so far can come to life. I LOVE this.
Akemi14 wrote on Archeia's profile.
I'm sorry about my mistake of not messaging you about posting in Games in Development Rules and Guidelines. I'm still new on this forum but using RPG Maker for 3 years. Well it is in English language. Well, I just want to explained about the game and show them the demo. I promised, there is no inappropriate contain because I don't like that. What should I do?
Magic numbers are the devil.
So I was explaining to someone today that Magic (the Gathering) has advertised itself as a Trading Card Game (TCG) and a Collectable Card Game (CCG), but never a playing card game. Playing cards are what they use for stuff like Poker or Black Jack. So by playing Magic with the cards, they were in fact doing it wrong, and me trading the cards is a correct usage. :popcorn:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nristiclindsey