RPG Maker Reflections!

Discussion in 'Community Announcements' started by Ralph, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Ralph

Ralph Retired Badass Restaff Lead

First Language:
    Fantasy Heroics
    [​IMG]   ~ RPG Maker Reflections ~   [​IMG]
     ​
    Post about your most memorable experiences with RPG Maker XP, VX, or VX Ace! Who knows? You might be entered into a drawing for a giveaway! The most-liked reflection will also get something special!
     ​
    Greetings, game developers! It is I, Ralph, and I have a quest for you!

Over the years, you have used me and my friends as if we're your playthings, and we have bravely complied with each of your commands! We've taken your orders without hesitation - even the times when we've gotten stuck in a wall, forced to face the wrong direction, or ended up dying from a slime that was easily ten times stronger than it should've been (watch your zeroes!). Heck, we've even put up with all sorts of changes in our names, hair colors, genders, relationship statuses...some of you have even cut our heads off and sewed them on other bodies as if we're your lab experiments! And sure, we've triumphed many times as well. We also remember those good times, don't worry!

Oh yeah. Thanks to you, each of us is a master of every language from English to jibberish to German. After this RPG Maker business, we're all getting jobs as translaters!

I'm sure all of you have had your fun playing around with me and my buddies like a puppet master. Why don't we turn the tables? Humor us with your own experiences! We're curious...and we're willing to reward handsomely. We looted an interesting prize from the Evil King's lair, and it could be yours!

All you have to do is write a few paragraphs about your experiences with RPG Maker XP, VX, or VX Ace (or all of them!).

Post them here in this thread by February 18th at 11:59 UTC.

Please note that you can only post one reflection! (And please keep your reflection limited to the three makers that have been released legally in English.)

We'll pick one of you at random and reward you with some loot we procured from the Demon King's lair! But we also want to reward the person with the most-liked reflection. Whoever gets the most likes on their reflection will acquire the loot we seized from the Demon King himself! Oh yeah, and I heard that a certain Blog Master will have a spot for the most-liked reflection...

We can't wait to hear about your experiences in using us as your guinea pigs!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
  2. Deckiller

Deckiller Phoenix Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Oh boy...I don't know where to start. I'll have to sit on this and let it percolate for a bit.

Seacliff and Hirei like this.
  3. Ralph

First Language:
    Fantasy Heroics
    Yo yo, I updated the post with a few rules and a due date!

Deckiller likes this.
  4. wildwes

wildwes Even in your forums, FOE! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I remember a few years ago, I was visiting my sister and she showed me RPG Maker VX. I just thought it was the best thing ever and I messed around with the maker every chance I could (which wasn't very often, since it was on her laptop and she hogs her laptop). Anyway, fast forward a couple years to Christmas of 2012 (a little over a year ago). She said she was getting me something very special for Christmas. I was excited as I usually am for Christmas. Finally, Christmas day came, and when I opened my present from here it turned out to be... the boxed version of VX Ace! I was delighted. It's been over a year and I still haven't completed even a little tiny game... :p  

Anyway, yes my most memorable memory with RPG Maker is actually me receiving it! Haha. I need some more good RM-related memories... 

Is one paragraph enough? 

T.Bit likes this.
  5. Deleted

Deleted The Champion of Uncertainty :D Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hmm What I feel I have gained from RPG Maker is a way to vent all the stories that have been floating round my head for years, but had no form of release til RPG Maker. Also it has forced me to increase my ability as an artist (Spriter) and learn new things about programming I never new before which I love, and its also motivating me to try and attempt expand my abilities in other aspects such as to create my own music. Which takes me into something else I enjoy about RPG Maker, the forum. This is such a grand community of people who put themselves out to help you grow as a artist by providing you with there time, guidance and insight. I really can't fault the admin for this website, or any of the people I have had the privilege of chatting to while on the forum, they are brilliant.

One of my favorite experiences is when I was trying to create a sprite but due to a transparency issue it just wouldn't work how I wanted, but again thnx to the help of the forum i finally cracked it. Also I love how the web staff constantly provide us with enjoyable events, which helps us maintain our creativity, such as the "Encounters of a boss Kind" i'm currently taking part in which motivates you to do something creative, and thnx to that event I finally finished my very first playable game  :)

So I just want to say THANK YOU Rpg Maker Vx ACE, your by far the best program I ever bought. THANK YOU everyone on this site Staff ad Members alike for your kind generosity and guidance.  :rock-left:   :guffaw:   :rock-right:

6. Arkecia

Arkecia Database Queen Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have used RPG maker in the past, but only the console versions, and even then I only made interesting battles. I had so much fun making and testing my mettle against my creations and even got a friend into doing the same thing. Back in August of last year I remembered how much fun I had just making one aspect of a game, and decided I wanted to learn how to do the rest and make a game I could be proud of. Back with RPG Maker 1 for PSX I couldn't bring myself to do more since I was content playing out the stories in my head, but as I got older, my desire to be able to go back and re-experience stuff I make became stronger. I searched for RPG Maker and of course this site came up; the decision was easy to make regardless of price once I learned in ACE you could create custom damage formulas. My love of RPG battles could be rekindled.

I decided to go all out and began looking for materials to make an RPG I could be proud of, but the realization of how much time would go into even making a game eight hours long would take me longer than I wanted to at first. I didn't want to become overwhelmed, so I scrapped the project; I grew attached to one of the characters, so I may revisit the game someday when I am good enough. Instead I waited and got acquainted with the maker itself; I began thinking of things I could put into a game and seeing if I could do so by using the program's default eventing system. I ended up creating many different status upgrade systems I'd like to put into practice someday, but the point was that Variables, Conditional Branches, and Labels became like second nature. It was time to make a quick game to see if I could accomplish one of the hardest parts of making a game; completing it.

I once again underestimated how much time even a smaller game would take as days turned into weeks, but I got most of my ideas across and successfully made a game I found enjoyable. The normal battles at the most took me two turns, (I hate long drawn out battles, especially when they are so plentiful) and I found out I actually wasn't half bad at creating dialogue. Honestly to me it came across as pretty awkward and verbose, but I felt like I was getting somewhere. I had completed my first game, and even though the release was a bit bumpy, I learned so much about the entire process. Now here I am, getting ready to make a game that will be much longer, and mostly custom since I caught the game completion gene and figure I could brush up on all of my trades. Jack of All trades Arkecia here I come!

Dalph and Alexander Amnell like this.
  7. Clydous

Clydous Slowly moseying my way back... Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I know where to start....because I've only had RPG Maker VX Ace since December 25th!!

Imagine this, if you will...

My family and I had finished unwrapping Christmas presents. While everyone departed on their merry way back to their own houses, I checked up on Steam...to see that RPG Maker had hit a RIDICULOUSLY low price! Something on my wishlist? On sale?? And I could buy it!!? Huzzah!

Ah, but my joyous discovery and time to celebrate was short-lived...I was to be whisked away to my grandmother's house to continue the Christmas festivities! Curses! Would I miss the limited-time sale and my only chance to snag this highly sought-after item at a comfortable price for my wallet? I think the obvious answer is, "no."

I tested the program out for a short while before letting it be for a day or two...but on my NEXT day off from work? Oh, it was ON!! I spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out how to make events work on my own, and I realized that, while no scripting was involved, I certainly had a lot of learning to do. Off to youtube I went, my mouse clutched firmly in-hand as I went click-click-clicking on tutorial after tutorial video to aid me in my quest to understand events. But great dismay awaited me as I continued browsing through tutorials...of the ones I ran into, their authors did not do well in explaining what was what! It wasn't until my umpteenth video discovered that my fed-up self decided enough browsing had been done to know I wasn't getting anywhere...I would have to settle with trying to decipher one author's limited instructions towards making events.

And so I did...and the hours flew by as I continuously paused, played, and reviewed everything that was being said repeatedly...

But eventually...SUCCESS! I had coded my first successfully working event!

However...what would happen on my second? Well, to make a long story short, RPG Maker VX Ace quickly caught up to my other games on Steam in terms of hours spent...and eventually surpassed them all (no easy feat, I can assure you)!

So what then...? Well...in my own ignorance, I never thought to look for an actual forum for RPG Maker. It wasn't until the trading cards were released that I spotted a link that lead directly to these forums...and so here I am. Quite an adventure story from December 25th to...February 24th, no? Yes? ....no...? But I digress...

Thank you, RPG Maker. Thank you, default characters, graphics, music, and general resources. You have all provided aid in your own...unique ways. And my skill in manipulating you all using RPG Maker VX Ace has increased exponentially because of your continued aid and support. Thanks!! =D

mlogan likes this.
  8. Frostyfirefly

Frostyfirefly Seeker of the Weird Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Well, this happened long time ago (about 7 or 8 years ago more or less):

Back when I was in college, I bumped into RPG Maker XP and decided to fiddle with it. I then realized that I not only loved video games as a form of entertainment and art, but as whole creative process.

Because of it, I decided to name my thesis "Video Games: Graphic Styles According to Genre". I remember I used RPG Maker XP to create a part of the presentation for it; I also decided to integrate martial arts into another part of the presentation, by painting some topics together on some boards, and breaking those boards in half to divide said topics at a specific point of the presentation. That brought some "oohs" and "aahs" from the professors attending the presentation.

The professors were impressed, even more so by the fact that I could create a small video game presentation in such a short time (hehe, thanks RPG Maker XP!). You see, back then, creating a video game in Mexico was something pretty out of the ordinary, and thanks my college thesis presentation, I wound up on a newspaper, and later on I, discovered my thesis was the first Mexican thesis that analyzed video games from a graphic design perspective.

Even thought RPG Maker XP played a small part in the entire thing, I still have fond memories of the first time I tried to create my very first video game, even though it was a very short part of the presentation.

gcook725 and Arkecia like this.
  9. Mage Heart

Mage Heart Level 50 Bard Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I have always wanted to make games since I was little (like 9-10), then a few years back I discovered XP so I played the 30-trial. Cramming in as much knowledge as I could I was learning little by little until the sad day it ended. I didn't have the money to afford that kind of stuff so I was stuck with the ideas in my head. The faithful day had to arrive RPG Maker Lite had just been announced and I knew I had to jump on that train even if it had limits I was willing to work through it. I am 18 now still working my way through lite pushing the limits of my dreams, learning about common events, variables, switches have to admit made me feel like a total badass. I remember an old idea called Eternal Rose about a man who had to cure a plague and it was terrible, my mapping could use improvement, but it was my first game and it made me really proud. I have been so happy to convert an idea no matter how small into something worthwhile.

I have tons of journals of writing, stats, names, skills, just about everything you could imagine. Then I got bored with the normal stuff wanting a character to look like what was in my head. I have been doing how-to tutorials on the internet so I could make handrawn characters and enemies. That was weird that I have gotten into writing and drawing though must admit I am not very good at either of those things still trying and learning. RPG Maker has roped me into art something I now yearn for, it is like a masterplan and now I want to go into game development. Everytime I use RPG Maker I learn something new it is incredible, I now know what I want in life, to become a better writer, drawer, even learning ruby would on the list. Thank you Enterbrain for helping me carve a better path through life, without RPG Maker I might as well been lost.

10. gcook725

gcook725 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Back when I was in high school still (around the year of '09) I was just getting into using RPG Maker VX (just coming from using XP of course) and often would bring my laptop with me to school to work on whatever project I was at the time.

Anyways, at the time I was going to a career building school for students of the high schools of my area. It was my second year of this class, one designed to teach students about information technology and systems. I learned nothing from the class really... however during my second year we were having a small section about game design, though my teacher at the time knew nothing about it and the curriculum didn't really have anything for us to learn from.

I siezed the opportunity. I showed my instructor RPG Maker. Within the week it was installed on all the classroom's computers and we were divided into teams to make our own games.

Sadly, the instructor still didn't know what he was doing and had no idea as to how to actually use the program. I did though. I had almost 6 years of experience across three different RM programs. I pretty much took the instructor's place for the month or two we were working with the program and taught the class for him. I held small lectures to teach the class various aspects of the program, from mapping to eventing to basic scripting. I would walk around the class helping other students figure things out while my teacher sat at his desk not knowing what was going on.

Needless to say I was given an automatic 100% for game development in that class. Even got the merit award at the end of the year too. I also like to feel that I was able to inspire at least a few people to be passionate about RPG Maker as well, though in reality I'm sure it wasn't as many as I would've hoped.

11. Alexander Amnell

Alexander Amnell Jaded Optimist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Reflections, hmm. I guess I'll start at the beginning then. 

Some context if you will. I have Asperger's syndrome, which is a mostly misunderstood high functioning form of autism that interferes with ones ability to understand/relate to common social cues which leads to the misunderstandings. Sadly I allowed this to rule my life for the entirety of my childhood and didn't really take control of my situation until after becoming an adult.

I discovered Rpgmaker xp sometime in high school from someone who I could loosely define as a friend. (At the time I had no true friends but had people that my depressed mind would term as friends regardless.) He gave me a booted copy of the game (please don't ban me or anything, it was in the past and I later purchased the software to make amends even though at that time I'd moved on from xp) In the beginning I was engrossed in the maker as a means of creative freedom. I had tried to express myself creatively through art and writing before but it was always lacking and I thought at first that making a game would be different, I believed at the time the lack was because I couldn't create a scene correctly and that the visualization of creating a game would change this, it did not. It did however, drive home for me the reason that all of my past creative endeavors were failures. It became clear as day to me after a time that my failings came from character development issues, I couldn't work with anything but a mouthpiece, because I lacked the experience to create any kind of meaningful connection between the characters themselves or between the character and the player.

I stopped trying at this point, and fell into depression over it for a while. That isn't important though, what is is where this realization took me. After high school I came to realize for maybe the first time that I did actually value human interaction and that the reason for my depression was because I craved it. Even when I tried to submerge myself in writing I always tried to do human interactions because secretly that was something I craved more of. I won't bore you with the details but what that meant was that for the first time in my life I stepped out of my 'comfort zone', I began making an effort to learn to interpret and copy people's expressions, to 'fake it' if you will in an effort to develop a close connection with someone who wasn't a relative with no choice but to interact with me, and through faking the initial impression get to a point where I could find friends that would accept the true me behind the facade eventually. It wasn't until this point in my life that I had truly even lived, before this I lived in perpetual daydream, always thinking up scenarios where I envisioned myself as happier than I was in reality. I've accomplished so much since then that it baffles me and can no longer picture a scenario where I am any happier than I am right now in my own reality. While rpgmaker didn't do this for me and a lot of this development came during years in which I abandoned game making it was the final desperate attempt of a fool to close himself off inside his own mind and I'll always be grateful for the insight that I gained when that final attempt failed and I was forced to deal with reality.

Ok, on to more recent and happy memories. It wasn't till years later (I think I was 24 at the time?) that I came back to creating rpgs. I had started a family and it was actually my wife that suggested that I do so in the first place, being a social butterfly herself she's always encouraged me and helped me to immerse myself in the company of others more frequently and when she heard of my past and the change that I partially attributed the inspiration for to my experience with an rpgmaker she encouraged me to give it another go and to 'test' how much I've changed since then. She also made a condition be that I start an account on a forum for game design (rpgmakervx.com is the one she found for me) so she introduced me to the world of online forums as a way to interact with people of like mind. Thus at her discretion I got rpgmaker vx (and legally obtained xp) and gave it another go. From there it's just your typical story of a newbie (noob? whichever one isn't an offensive term) bothering people and taking on more than he could possibly handle. I failed two projects in vx due to inexperience and overreaching but I learned along the way, more importantly however is the fact that my shortfalls were no longer what they once were. Story is now my strongest aspect in the game-making process forcing me to learn new skills such as mapping and sprite editing and scripting in order to fill out the game and it's become one of my favorite hobbies to work on game creation. 

I didn't participate as much as I would have liked to at that time but I did get to know a few people over at that site (Many of whom are now here as well, maybe one or two recognize me from there). When Ace came out it was about the time I hit the dreaded roadblock in my second serious attempt at a project that is just a matter of time before it's scrapped. I saw it as a way to start fresh, so I got it and I came over here. I've got to say the experience here has been absolutely wonderful to me so far. I love the interactions here, the laid back attitudes of most people and the freedom to express opinions that it provides you. I've found so many interesting topics, so many fun debates (a few of which turned to heated, polarized arguments, yes, however most of the time they're nothing but civil and friendly debates.) and all the interesting challenges that crop up from time to time that until recently I've never been bold enough to try but always enjoy seeing what everyone else puts up. To the community here from the admins and folks that have been around before rpgmaker was legal here all the way to the newest new person I thank you for my experiences here and my experiences in the future, this place has slowly become a pretty important place to me and I hope that continues. All the free games, the discussions and just the shear number of artistic and creative vision that flows through these forums on a daily basis is nothing short of amazing and I'm grateful for all of the situations, both good and bad, that led me to eventually become a part of it.

Thanks for the memories, rpgmaker and happy birthday!

Kes, Dalph, Hollow and 1 other person like this.
  12. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    DALPH'S EXPERIENCE WITH RM, HIS ORIGIN, AND WHY HE HATES HIS BROTHER RALPH (A Real Life Story)

I've always been a fan of Rpg games, I played a lot of them since I was a kid...but sadly I discovered RM pretty late

(it was mid 2011, and I started with the trial version of Rpg Maker VX). 

As most of the people, I was a complete noob at that time and it took me a while to understand how to use RM properly, but I was so excited to have found such an awesome tool. I've always said this to myself: -I've been playing a lot of Rpg games for all these years, why not attempt to create my own game now? This tool is awesome and has also all I need to accomplish this dream.

Even If I was a noob at that time, I was determined and I wanted to create something different from the usual Rpg storylines.

The idea was like: Play as the villain and kill\defeat\humiliate the hero! (it was just for fun or to please sadistic players).

I never played as Ralph or used him in any way "NEVER", Ralph was always the villain and final boss in all my old and failed attempts to create an RM game (with both VX and VX ACE), when I saw him as the first character in the first sprite-set in Rpg Maker VX, I immediately realized that he must've been the main hero and a sort of mascot of Rpg Maker VX.

I was obviously the protagonist in every failed attempt of creating a game, but my original form and name were different...when I started messing with the tool, I was the beloved, charming and RTP...Grim Reaper (Evil-7) but recolored GREEN and I was called RestinPeaceRalph (cool name uh?).

Since I couldn't complete anything because my mapping was awful (and everything else too), I just played around with some maps and crappy eventing\dialogues all the time...all I did was basically messing around with the tool and just learning...learning...and learning till the death.

Then Rpg Maker VX ACE came out a few months later, and I was excited, because it looked a lot better than VX, so I decided to do my practice lessons on it.

When I finally got my hands on the amazing tool, I basically did the same thing, but to avoid the same mistake I decided to play a lot RM games too in the meantime (mainly to learn from other people's talent\mistakes, and when gaining enough experience try providing some feedback too!).

After a lot of practice and a lot of RM games played (took me years) I started to become proficient with the tool but...I suddenly became lazy...

I call this The Curse of Ralph, the curse can heal a noob developer but turn him into a lazy one. XD

The Curse of Ralph is responsable for the creation of Dalph.

My silly and unjustifiable hatred for the 1st VX RTP Hero created from Nothingness a scary avatar, resembling Ralph, but totally different from him, from that specified moment it started, "I was born", I mean...Dalph was born.

@Ralph:

That's why I don't like you brother, I never accomplished anything in the past thanks to my idea to use you as a villain, but you're responsable for my creation, so I appreciate you for that. Maybe if I would've used you as the main and clichè hero things were...different now....but I wouldn't be here, so it's better this way.

Remember that Ulrika will be mine...one day, and you can't do nothing to stop me! (I Punch Bears everyday to please her), deal with it OrangeHead...you can't kill me with your toy-swords. :p

-

Silliness aside now..."A million of thanks to Enterbrain for RM". -This tool can even change your life if you know how to use it properly.-

Happy Birthday Rpg Maker!

Long Live Enterbrain, RM and the RTP materials (YES I'M AN RTP ADDICT)!

Susan, Deleted, Shaz and 3 others like this.
  13. Seacliff

Seacliff Self Proclaimed Professional Veteran

First Language:
    Yes
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    Alright... here goes nothing.

It was a snowy day in middle school, I was in seventh grade and relied on paper to make my video games back then. My friend told me about this awesome thing called RPG maker, except *GASP* he illegally obtained it. (Don't worry, he changed his ways now.)

Anyways, I wanted to try out this engine legally, so I got RPG Maker XP legally at the full price of $60 (Okay, me and my brother split the cost but whatevs.)

We spent a lot of time making random crap games, it also snowed all throughout that week so we had school off to enjoy our new toy for quite some time. After a few months and a folder of incomplete plot-holed storytelling that used nothing but RTP, we grew bored of the maker and went on for our lives.

That summer, I grew bored doing nothing so I went on the computer and decided to make a game on RPG maker that wasn't an RPG... A RACING GAME! I spent hours trying to have it so you can play as every single RTP character, then I threw in some other sprites I found online. And all you do in the game is run around the same track three times with no AI, just you running around. It also had a voice clip of me going: : '3... 2.. 1... GO!'. Then once that was done, I was bored again and put away the maker for a second time.

By the time I got into high school, I had another idea for a game, the first real-deal plot I had in forever (psst... just take Chrono Cross and Radiant Historia in a pot and that was pretty much the plot to my game.) The cool part about this game was that most of the party members were people I knew in real life, i asked each of them what they wanted their weapon to be and worked around that. However I had so many party members that I needed a script in XP that allowed you to switch out your team... I couldn't find any and gave up.

Around this time, my brother gotten a laptop, and he gotten the demo for RPG maker VX. He told me that VX was better and stuff, but I didn't believe him. Latter I gotten my own laptop and he transferred VX (legally) to my computer. I gotten slightly more about the maker than what I expected, but it seemed rather limited, almost a downgrade from XP, really. I ended up finding a zelda battle system script and made a half decent Zelda Styled game after failing at a tactical game, then I found out about this all new engine... Vx ace.

I gotten the demo to Ace, it seemed to be pretty much VX, but with a tone of problems I had with it fixed. Making it my first choice for a game maker, even above XP. To this day I have yet to complete a full fledged game I'm willing to release on the internet (Maybe I'll do a let's play of the Zelda inspired game... just maybe) but my skills on RPG maker had polished a lot ever since I've gotten serious with these engines, I'll blow you all away with an awesome game one day... one day.

Oh, there is also my involvement with Chain Game, but I couldn't find a place to fit that, so I'll just put the fact here.

14. Jomarcenter

Jomarcenter jomarcenter games Veteran

First Language:
    ENGLISH
    Few year ago when still in First year High School (Before K-12 is in effect) I wanted to make Video game when I was a kid. But because I was lack programming, art, etc... and it will take a lot of year to get to college I cannot work on what I wanted to make based of the writing that I made for the game. So I try to look for a easier and newbie friendly game engine. So I try a few but it really make me a hard time to use them.

Until few days ago I discovered RPG maker VX Ace and try it for 30 days and after a few day I Loved it First and then I show my first game (The Seven Tower Pilot Version: Link:http://rpgmaker.net/games/3926/) for a competition but isn't really good (Based on the Game's Review) (Note: That game is still currently being developed and compared it now it great). And after my trial version expired I really annoy my relative to buy it for me and he did. 

Afterward I try to work and practice on my skills on RPG Maker until it good.

Now After 2 year from that day (2013) I show my second game (Town of illustive: Link http://rpgmaker.net/games/5592/) for a competition and it really gets better  (Based on the game's reviews). And it really put on the judges favorites lists to pick for the top 10 but still didn't make it.

And Because of the program it really make me want to learn Programming, Making Digital Art, and even make stories. I also became a active part of the RPG Maker Community since the program is great and it really help me on the long run.

So I kinda like to thank to the great people in this great community, Enterbrain, the creators of RPG Maker series, the people in the RTP, A ton of other people for making my dreams became a reality.

SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY RPG MAKER. :)

15. Ralph

First Language:
    Fantasy Heroics
    Fascinating tales, everyone! I am truly humbled. Let's keep 'em coming!

16. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Well, that's a nice story you told of how patient and helpful you and your friends have been over the years, Ralph, but I'm sorry to say I don't think you're telling the whole truth here. Your account of events is decidedly biased and leaves out some very important details, so I'm here to set the record straight.

You (which hereafter will mean you and your friends) most certainly have NOT complied with each of my commands. Have you forgotten how many times I have instructed you to go to a new location, and you have either gone to the wrong location or just stubbornly stayed right where you were? And what about the times I have either laid out a path for you to follow and you have refused, claiming there was something blocking your way when clearly there was not? Or when you went to the other extreme and nonchalantly walked over obstacles that obviously should NOT be walked over - including vast bodies of water ... who did you think you were? I also recollect occasions when I had instructed you to follow a predetermined course, and you walked straight into a wall when there was a doorway right beside you. And what about the times when I asked you to lie down and pretend to be injured, to make the story more believable, and instead you cast some strange magic that made you look like a tea cup, or a teddy bear? Then, of course, there were the times when you appeared twice in a room when you should only have been there once, and other times when you couldn't be bothered showing up at all when you were meant to. Did you have something better to do?

Ah, yes, eventually you did all cooperate with me, and things ended well, but "we all bravely complied with each of your commands" hardly conveys the amount of blood, sweat and tears required to convince you to do it. So let's call a spade a spade, shall we, and say that you've all given as well as you've taken ;)

Yes, they were good times :)

Solo, Neverward, Zeriab and 7 others like this.
  17. T.Bit

T.Bit Labyrinth Explorer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    My most memorable moment was when I listened over the phone as my little brother opened his Christmas present. I got him a boxed copy of RPG Maker VX Ace. I got hear him jumping up and down he was so excited. :)

Marsigne, wildwes and Shaz like this.
  18. Ralph

First Language:
    Fantasy Heroics
    M-my goodness, I am sensing a little hostility here.

A-at least I tried ;w;

@Dalph: we will have to settle our score elsewhere, my friend.

Zeriab and Dalph like this.
  19. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Not hostility. Just a little jogging of your memory, as it seems to be a bit fuzzy where some events are concerned ;)

20. Ralph

First Language:
    Fantasy Heroics
    Post-traumatic stress from all the harsh treatment. I have a selective memory as a result :(

Shaz likes this.