RPG maker repeated mouse click error.

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV Improvement Boards' started by srazysnake, Feb 15, 2017.

1. srazysnake

srazysnake Villager Member

First Language:
    Korean
    srazysnake.
    Bug: 'whenever I testplay- or play after exporting from this new updated mv, my mouse automatically clicks repeated and I can only stop it after pressing the esc button.'

How to Replicate the Bug:
    start the game, that's it- here's the link.
    oh, by the way- I'm using a Korean windows7 and the rpg maker mv I used is the lated updated version with Korea language.

http://naver.me/FyMSoyWR
    (oh yeah, cannot create games with less than 5mb on mv-)

hope someone can fix this damned bug- thanks in advance.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I cannot access the naver link

3. srazysnake

First Language:
    Korean
    the link won't show anything? or you cannot find the download button within the link?

4. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Link won't show me anything.

5. srazysnake

First Language:
    Korean
  6. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Maybe you're talking about the white square that keeps blinking when you click once? Because that is normal and it's not a bug.
    Otherwise we don't see the problem.

7. Liquidize

Liquidize Caffeine Overload Developer

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello,

I've gone ahead and downloaded your sample/test project to try to replicate the issue you are having. However It is not occurring for me at all, when I start the game nothing happens, my mouse doesn't repeatedly click at all. The game runs fine as it would a normal game. Could you be a bit more descriptive in your report? Is it possible a third party macro software for your mouse, if you are using one, is causing this? Is it possible it is the mouse itself and its a hardware issue?

Thank you,
    Liquidize

srazysnake likes this.
  8. srazysnake

First Language:
    Korean
    Here's the vid = my view:

Hm, maybe it's just my 'wireless' mouse- I tried it on another computer with a 'wired' mouse and it worked fine without any repeats.
    as you can see- I don't press anything until I click on the screen and this all happens. []

maybe it is the mouse indeed.... but my wireless mouse works fine for any other works;; why only on rpgmaker mv? hrmmmmmm..

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  9. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @srazysnake I don't know if it might be the same for MV but it was a problem with Ace and older variants:
    The RPG Makers before route the input through the API for gamepads, and if MV handles it similiarly you not only get input from several sources combined but some old drivers can also get wrong input into the loop. For example on Ace, just installing an (too old) graphic tablet driver caused the party to go constantly to the left, even when the graphic tablet wasn't connected. And having a game controller connected and mixed up with keyboard could also cause different triggers.

So check if there is any other input device besides that mose connected, and try to disable the driver for that mouse for testing (windows should be able to handle all mouses without drivers, those are only for special buttons)

10. srazysnake

First Language:
    Korean
    Thank you, Andar.

I believe this just might be the case.... so, do I need to delete/unplug my wacom tablet driver and my usb joystick in order to do rpg maker mv?
    hrmmmmm..... why in sam hill didn't the programmers fix this trivial trouble..

what did people who suffered this from ace and older variants do to fix it?

they did disable/delete all their other input drivers as well? I ABSOLUTELY refuse to do this because it is utter bull* in this day and age of 2017......
    anyways in short.....................:

1. yes I do have 2 input drivers other then my wireless mouse.
    2. is there a fix to it without deleting or disabling input drivers/devices?
    3. if yes can you tell me? if no, I've lost all faith in rpg maker mv
    can't even get it to work properly under several input drivers.... bah. []

11. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes, they did - and they were glad about it.
    If you want to use a crappy driver to force your tablet into ancient legacy mode, that is your decision - most people I know of prefer using their tablets without drivers through the modern (and better) integrated API.

Read what I wrote: I said removing the drivers, I didn't say to stop using your tablet.

I realise it is rare to get support by someone who was professionally trained and knows what he's writing about instead of self-taught people guessing at solutions, but please consider my answers to be of the better cathegory ;-)

Yes, I know that it is a Windows-Mantra to "always install the drivers" - but there always was a single exception to it: the special input APIs.
    You read correctly - plural, because Windows always had two different APIs for those devices.

An ancient one (read Windows95 or perhaps even Windows 3.1, but 3.1 was before my time) and a "modern" one (read Windows XP).
    The ancient one never was designed to handle more than one device, which is why it always made problems if more than one device (like the RM's simulated gamepad and a graphic tablet) accessed it.
    The modern one never needed any drivers at all, because the internal Windows functions handled those cases from the time that API was programmed.

All these drivers for graphic tablet that I've seen since Windows XP do nothing but forcing the tablet into the old API instead of using the modern API with the integrated drivers (that was needed then for legacy compatibility). Using the tablet without those drivers is usually much more stable under current or even halfway-current programs.

It is theoretically possible that your tablet driver was written to enhance the modern API - I haven't seen one such driver yet, but I don't use graphic tablets much myself. But if it accesses the modern API, then it will NOT cause problems, because the modern API can handle any number of input devices at the same time.

So if it is a driver for the modern API, the problem will not have been caused by it. All I ask you is to test that by deinstalling the driver and check both the RPG-Maker and the tablet. If both suddenly work correctly without the driver, you know that you removed one crappy legacy driver from your otherwise stable system. If deinstalling the driver doesn't change anything for the RM, then you know that the cause is something else.

There should be no difference for using the graphic tablet with or without drivers for it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  12. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    That is not a bug though? I checked the video. That's exactly how it works for me too.

13. srazysnake

First Language:
    Korean
    I'm not gonna assume your title screen automatically went away + and when you pressed the start button- the screen immediately went to the items screen with constant click&buzzing sound.

anyways.. yup- just tried the game with my usb joystick unplugged- it didn't show me the repeat click error than... so it was my usb joystick connected it my comp not a bug.... but it might as well be.. -_- automatically clicks away with usb joystick plugged-in.... grrrrh. [][][]

again, my fault.

- what I thought when you said drivers:
    programs made for your hardwares = programmed softwares for my hardwares, eg) wifi program install for my usb-type wifi dongle and etc.

- when I said input drivers:
    above included, + the acknowledged input of the computer itself when I plug in my usb wireless mouse, joystick, usb flash drivers, mic and such.

I have absolutely no idea when you say API for I lack the programming knowledge = normal guy- sorry, but I think I kinda get it.

I had to experiment a few things and when I unplugged my usb-based joystick controller for my street fighter v- the repeating stops.
    (I have 2 inputs when it comes to controlling movements- and that is the wacom tablet driver and my usb joystick- my wireless mouse not included. ---- oh yeah, only my wacom tablet driver has installed driver which came with its packaging, my wireless mouse and usb joystick doesn't have that and it automatically works when I just plug them in my comp.)

so, it is not a programming bug... I guess?

anyways, I thank you for giving me clues on how to fix the problem... but I would REALLY love to not have to unplug my joystick everytime I want to play/create on rpg maker mv....(sometimes the stupid comp won't register the joystick- so I have to reboot it.)

so, I ask:

1. is there way to stop rpg maker mv to respond to joystick commands?(I press nothing, but constant clicking, dunno why.)
    2. if no, tell everyone that connecting a usb joystick to your pc will make your rpg maker game to repeatedly click away during gameplay. []

thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2017
  14. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    that is a different error compared to what I wrote above - as you said for yourself, you didn't install a driver for the joystick, and the tablet already uses the modern API without drivers.

However, the RM-Games are supposed to react to joystick/gamepad input, that's why it reacts to those signals. There might be some plugins to disable gamepad as input (I know people have requested such plugins to disable mouse input for example), but that would be hiding the error instead of solving it and would only work for your own games where you can install plugins.

I don't know your joystick, but unless it has a hidden defect I'm assuming it is an analog-based joystick (instead of a digital one) and the tolerance of the A/D-signal conversion electronic is just on the limit. I haven't worked with joysticks in the last decade, but when I last did, all analog joysticks had small controls to pinpoint the zero positions, exactly because of the A/D-conversion tolerances and because the programs reading the analog data were setting different signals for zeroing in - basically you had to calibrate the joystick manually for each game you played.
    Later a lot of joysticks either switched to full digital or used an automatic zeroing by electronics.
    Can you check if there is anything on the joystick that might be used to calibrate it, and try if that makes a difference?

srazysnake likes this.
  15. Archeia

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Can you like be consistent with your reporting? because right now you're not making sense to me. I watched your video and have not seen that issue.

Give us a STEP BY STEP of your issue. What is your hardware and the models of your mouse, controller or whatever. What are your PC specs etc. Do you have any sheep running on the background that might be interfering?

Approaching us aggressively will not help you at all.

16. srazysnake

First Language:
    Korean
    I don't know where you got the idea I was being aggressive, but it's cool-

Andar's got it- It'll just take me some time to research and shared the a/d-conversion and pinpointed-zero position problems that stems from the usb joystick.