RPG MAKER RESOURCE PACK SURVEY

Discussion in 'Product Announcements and Sales' started by RPGMakerWeb, Mar 27, 2019.

1. RPGMakerWeb

RPGMakerWeb Admin Staff Member Veteran

First Language:
    RPG Maker
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  2. MushroomCake28

MushroomCake28 KAMO Studio Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Done! Just a question, will the results become public? If there's a big interest in classical music pack, I might create some packs.

RetroExcellent, l8rose and Finnuval like this.
  3. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    done and done :)

I would love to see some Egyptian/Arabian styled tile-sets for MV as I feel these are hardest to come by (also considering the amazing resources ppl share on here usually tend to expand upon what already exists and unfortunately that does not include these themes to my knowledge so far).

But what i mainly would love to see is new themes not yet covered by the available dlc's and/or the community (and hopefully sparking the community in that way to make more resources including those themes) :D

4. Amane Kagari

Amane Kagari The Unimpressive Hero MC That's (Not) Ever Known Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Done! And I really do hope to see a broader "world set" that are based in various other countries outside of the Asian regions. It'd be awesome to see a more diverse "world" collections. I think those would be quite interesting if you're making a game that takes you throughout the world. :)

5. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Done. Though I wish there had been a box for what do you NOT want to see, as I personally don't like all of the edit not allowed packs. They might as well be sold to one person as an individual license then as people want their game to stand out, not use the same facesets as 456 other games.

6. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    We'll probably make the results public after a while.

@bgillisp Well, that is why I also wanted to start discussions, because that is a good point!

7. Finnuval

Finnuval World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Touchfuzzy I think that would be helpful to several content creators so I would like to see this happen as well :D

MushroomCake28 and l8rose like this.
  8. Biestmann

Biestmann Heaven's Height Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  9. Eliaquim

Eliaquim Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian! Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese - Br
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Done!

Finnuval and l8rose like this.
  10. l8rose

l8rose Neeeeerd Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would love to see something around ships. Something that would let us create ships (either fantasy or realistic) without having to cobble together stuff from other sets. I don't mind having to do so but it would be nice to have something that lets us create unique ships. Kind of like a set that has unique stuff for lower decks, and the outside of a ship.

I'm also all for anything with other parts of the world (Egyptian, Mayan, Norse, Prehistoric Man, etc) or mythologies.

Music wise, I'd love to see more packs close to the SNES/Playstation/ETC era of music so not really a specific music genre but that being said, I have a whole lot of Classic (violins and pianos make me squee) for what I use.

11. Mrs_Allykat

Mrs_Allykat Failsauce Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @l8rose It didn't even occur to me to do "prehistoric" Cave-Man MV! I love the idea!

I would like a character generator/parts for tall sprites, and a collection of door-character-sheets for them. They don't have to look "non RM," but something like the characters from the Christmas Freebies would be nice.

For audio, I think a pack that I would purchase, and I bet other would too, is alternate "default sound effects." I didn't think of it on the questionnaire, but a small pack of some alternate "jump," "cancel," and "select" SE's would be fantastic.

Finally, instead of suggesting something for tiles, I'll just list some of the VX tilesets that I resized for my own use:
    • Ancient Dungeons (several, and one of which is now available on MV -- look for another purchase in the coming months)
    • Wild West Tiles
    • Fantastic Buildings Modern
    • Evil Castles
    • Dungeons and Volcanoes Tile Pack
    • Futuristic Tiles Resource Pack
    • Horror Theme Park Set - NightmareLand
    I haven't ended up using all of them, but that should give an idea of where I put my coinpurse for non-mv resources to use in MV.

mizumi, l8rose and Finnuval like this.
  12. Ryisunique

Ryisunique Detective, AUEI Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I need to play with my MV more. I don't know what I need until I need it.

l8rose likes this.
  13. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I like the ancient dungeons, FSM, typical fantasy style stuff, not medieval or asian.
    I don't know if it would be possible, but a character image generator when you make your sprite would be nice. With the ability to adjust leg and arm position (and clothing) not just the face.
    I see a lot of heroine character generator but no hero.

mizumi and l8rose like this.
  14. The Mighty Palm

The Mighty Palm Resident Palm Tree Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Personally, I wish there were more chiptune music packs. There aren't many retro-music resources anywhere on the web aside from wingless seraph, that one pack that already exists, and a few tunes on open-game-art. A nice pack or two with some VRC6 in it would be swell.

GolfHacker, l8rose and gambitben like this.
  15. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    As the music packs are suitable for use in any engine, it seems a bit redundant to specify them as being exclusively for MV - unless that is the direction you're going in. In which case, I think that would be a great pity.

The missing pack - one which has been 'missing' in all the engines - is a pack with a wide range of statues, carved heads to go on walls, monuments, that sort of thing. I doubt I'm the only person who's tired of seeing the same old statue crop up time after time.

DeviTheHuman, l8rose and Finnuval like this.
  16. Rose Guardian

Rose Guardian Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I would like some male character packs in the style of the Fantasy Heroine Packs, and some generator parts in that style for men. That's all that really comes to my mind right now,

MMMm, mizumi, l8rose and 2 others like this.
  17. Henryetha

Henryetha Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Well, I've found barely anything harder to get than BG Images and/or Battlebacks.
    The availibility seems very limited, at least from what I noticed, when I was working on "Back To The Overworld", which mainly used BG Images.

Further FSM is such a beautiful tileset but has no desert, nor snow, nor castle tiles.

"Fantastic Buildings" as a "winter edition" is something, I'd wish for, but doesn't exist yet.

Basically these.. :)

mizumi, l8rose and Finnuval like this.
  18. BlueVikingr

BlueVikingr The Dragonbirb Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'd love to see more tilesets based on different parts of the world and different civilizations. Vikings, Middle Eastern, Russian, Native American, Wild West, Aztec/Inca... And it would also be nice to have charactersets and animated SV battlers that matched them.

DeviTheHuman, mizumi, l8rose and 2 others like this.
  19. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The problem I have with most of the existing resources (especially the MV-RTP) is that it is too "sugar-coated", too bright and more geared against children's games.
    It simply doesn't fit if you want to try to make a more darker-themed or simply more realistic game.

jonthefox, MMMm, l8rose and 1 other person like this.
  20. gambitben

gambitben Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would love to see more DragonBones type enemies, or just animated ones. I understand they need a plugin in order for them to work, but i feel there is enough of an audience. I also want to see more animation packs, like quintessence.

BadLittleSeed and l8rose like this.