Ionenschatten

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Heyhey!

There's a tool in the world wide web *echoing voice* web...web...web...

that is able to translate your games from one language to another. Sounded rlly nice to me so I downloaded it, but now I got a problem with the game datas! My program simply can't find them...
But they are there, I mean I can paly these games...on japanese. What I want to change.
It seemed to work for the others.
Anyone knows a solution or maybe knows someone who could help me?
20232071_150497205527219_1033079338530012365_o.jpg

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
can you please give us a link to what translater tool you're talking about?

a first I can give three guesses on why this might happen:

1) the translater tool is for a different maker
2) the translater tool cannot handle filenames that do not follow networking rules (the ö in your filepath is not allowed under networking rules, which will also cause you problems on deployment later)
3) the translater tool might not work at all for not being finished (there is no official translater tool, so the inofficial programmer might not have completed his work)

Ionenschatten

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
It's from this website http://www.hongfire.com/forum/forum...translation/5755695-rpg-maker-auto-translator
The problem is that it seems thatt he admins abandonned this website since no admin is responding and if you try to create an accout you won't receive a mail to get your account unlocked. Until this you can't post there.
And there's a comment from June 2017 saying it "works like a charm" for them so I still have hope x3.

1) Yea, might be the case. Any easy way to point out the maker version of a game I bought online?
2) true! I'll change it immediatly, that would be soo stupid if it works now :kaophew:
3) well the base post is from january 2017 and it seems like it worked for the others ^.^

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[dpost]@Ionenschatten
[/dpost]

Additionally
1) Yea, might be the case. Any easy way to point out the maker version of a game I bought online?
Not only no, but that would point out to two additional problems:

First, unless the author specifically allows this you are breaking laws by translating games
Second, commercial games are almost always encrypted and any translation tool will fail if the original is encrypted, they are usually written to allow the developer to translate them.

Ionenschatten

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Sorry, Just wanted to point out that its still not working! I read the forum rules! :kaopride:
Is this international law, or a law of a special country? Or is it written in the RPG Maker Terms? I really don't want to do something illegal :kaoback:
It's only for privat usage, I don't want to share or sell the translated game! :kaocry:

And I'm not sure but I'm havign access to the .json files, also a tool in the internet was able to read them...but sadly not able to translate automatically.

I just want to understand the game I bought because I stuck and there is no guide walkthrough or anything and it could be very useful to have the translation of this and other games I own :kaodes: (Owning in the meaning of I bought them, not produced or anything! :kaoslp:)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
json files means that the game is made with MV, and the translater page clearly states that it will not translate MV-Games, only XP/VX/VXA.

As for the translation of commercial products that is a combination of terms-of-service and copyright laws.

Someone who creates something can decide on what terms of use anyone else has, and unless you get the terms that allow translations then you are not allowed to do that - and that is usually covered in the EULA of the game, just read it to see what it does allow you.

However, what the RM-EULA requires you is to encrypt your games when that game uses purchased chop resources, and encryption makes any translation impossible or illegal (because you need to break the encryption to be able to translate it). If a game isn't encrypted (and that is a choice of the game developer as long as he doesn't use purchased resources) it is technically possible to translate, but still requires the TOS that allow that.

Ionenschatten

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Soo basically...

#1 the translator doesn't work with this kind of RPG maker version
#2 Translating is illegal if it's not defenitly stated as allowed in the EULA? :kaoswt2:
#3 And it also might be impossible to translate it because it can be encrypted?

Oy, seems liek I have to translate the readme file and look out for the Eula... :kaoswt:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
three times yes, however if you can see the json files then this specific game might not be encrypted, as some encryption methods remove the json files from access.

Ionenschatten

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
Other
Well, I guess this topic is closed then... :kaocry:
I don't want to do somethign illegal! :kaoswt2:

Thanks for your help!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes you Just need to realise someone is beyond help... Still hard to walk away tho :(
100 Horror/Tragedy Sample Maps, Penguin Mech Sprite, & TileD Templates | RPG Maker News #70

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)
MZ: oh boy imma work today
Me, excited: Really?
MZ, doesn't do what I tell It too
Me: I Thought-
MZ: I am Working!
Oof, this "side project" of mine is starting to get as complex as a VS plugin, at least as far as plugin parameters are concerned. I think I now understand why a plugin like this doesn't already exist(that I know of). Learning a lot while trying to make it work though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frostdrache