RPG Maker VX Ace Character Portraits Help Please?

RevolvingInk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello there! :D
I've been looking into character portraits for RPG Maker VX Ace on Windows, and have been a little befuddled that there are no character portraits for the original set of characters from the program (for example: there is nothing in the pictures folder for the original characters' party in the templates provided - say, Noah or Eric?) :/

Googling has mostly shown nothing much beyond some screenshots that proved their existence, and further digging had led me to division heaven, where the admin (Archeia, I believe?) said something along the lines of having to request the original character busts/portraits/pictures in this forum? :unsure:

I bought my copy of RPG Maker VX Ace on Steam, and thus, did not receive any emails that have the pictures from Enterbrain, as buying the program by itself would include, hence my confusion?

I hope I'm making sense, and that someone can please lead me to the correct solution?
(My sincerest apologies if I've posted this topic in the wrong forum; it's has truly been a while since I was active in any forums. D:)

EliteKilljoy

Beta Tester, English Proofer, German Translator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey,

Yeah, you usually have to just request the busts/portraits here. I'm sure there are some out there already done of the already-made characters, but they don't come with the actual game. The screenshots are probably to simply show that it CAN be done.

Hope that helped.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am not allowed to represent anyone from the staff, neither @Archeia who is here on this forum too and soon I guess she will notice this post. Your question is interesting.

I think these busts were a bonus content, like a pre-release bonus or something like that, thus not available on the standard release.

But that's all. I said "I THINK". I am not sure.

Just wait until a global moderator or an admin will give you a more official answer.

They know for sure.

Meanwhile there are Steam DLCs with such assets but not for the main graphics.

I think Futuristic Heroes and Dark Heroes. There might be more.

Yeah, you usually have to just request the busts/portraits here.
Are you sure?

I mean, where can you request these?

Can you provide us with a link?

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The bust pictures of the original actors were made as a special pre-order gift to those who pre-ordered Ace several years ago.

That is why they aren't available anywhere else (with the exceptions of the few on divisionheaven).

There have been some cases where they've been given out in the past, but that is not guaranteed to happen again - simply because that would be unfair to those who preordered on the promise of an exclusive gift.

You can ask nicely if you can get that package (without guarantee that you'll get it), or you can request help to finding fan-made other portraits (there are a lot of them on japanese sites, check Grandmadeb's lists for links), or you can commission some of the artists to make completely new busts for you (in the classified areas are several workshops with prices between 15$ and 30$ per bust depending on size and complexity)

EliteKilljoy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are you sure?

I mean, where can you request these?

Can you provide us with a link?
You can request graphics here.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Moving to Resource Requests

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can request graphics here.
Yes I know there is a general part of the forum for threads like that. :)

I was talking about the busts the OP was talking about.

:)

EliteKilljoy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes I know there is a general part of the forum for threads like that. :)

I was talking about the busts the OP was talking about.

:)
You would have to request there. There's no other place to request specific things. He/She would just need to make a request for busts of those characters.

RevolvingInk

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you all so very much for being so helpful, and redirecting my queries and such. I do appreciate it :)

Archia has most of the VX Ace character busts on her Website:

https://divisionheav...aterial-actors/

For the VX characters you'll have to sower the net.
Ah, yes - I did my very best to scour the internet for the materials, and I did my fair share of getting the busts available at Division Heaven first (much thanks, Archeia! You're awesone! :D ), but I must confess that I'm using some other characters whose busts and portraits I have not found just yet. =/ This is a tad more complicated than I had expected D: but oh well. I'll be sure to keep all of your suggestions in mind. :)
Onwards to more scouring (and perhaps a new topic detailing my humble request)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's names in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr