Trianglon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I have the Steam version of RPG Maker VX Ace and I got a new computer that I haven't used RPG Maker on before now (both my old and new computer are Windows 10 but the new one has better specs). Anyways, when I try to open my game project that I've been working on for years now it just crashes and Steam freezes and eventually shuts down. I have other smaller games that I loaded in and they open fine, it's just this one particular game project that crashes it. The same files on my old computer work just fine.
I've seen similar issues posted on the Steam page and tried doing some of those fixes (installing the RTP, whitelisting it from my antivirus) and those didn't do anything to fix it. I set it to be able to run as an administrator and that time, RPG Maker crashed but Steam was working just fine.
What can I do to fix this? Thanks!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you got a new computer, chances are that a number of your drivers are out of date. Specifically check the manufacturer website (not Microsoft) for drivers for your audio and video cards and download the latest ones from them.

Trianglon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you got a new computer, chances are that a number of your drivers are out of date. Specifically check the manufacturer website (not Microsoft) for drivers for your audio and video cards and download the latest ones from them.
As far as I can tell, all my drivers are up to date. If there is a specific one that I need, I don't know what it is.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you bought a new computer and you did not manually update your drivers, then your drivers are not up to date. You need to go into the hardware settings and determine what brand audio and video cards you have, then go to those sites and look for driver downloads.

Trianglon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If you bought a new computer and you did not manually update your drivers, then your drivers are not up to date. You need to go into the hardware settings and determine what brand audio and video cards you have, then go to those sites and look for driver downloads.
All my drivers seem to be up to date. Like I said, some of my game projects open and can be worked on just fine but the one I want to work on crashes RPG Maker even though it doesn't do that on my old computer.

EDIT: I double-checked all my drivers and updated the few that were a little out of date and it still won't open. I don't know what to try now. Please help.

Last edited:

Trianglon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I finally got it to open after emailing RPG Maker Support directly. I was told to go to it on Steam, right-click, select Properties, go to Betas, and then make sure it's "Original non Workshop version". After that, it updated and my project opened and works just fine.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Took our dogs on a walk and someone asked if our smallest one was a gueanie pig ((however it's spelt))
I decided to create reboots of my games on RPG Maker MV. I'm happy. :biggrin:
So, as i finish setting up my items for part 1 of my game, I realized I forgot to finalize an ENTIRE category of items. Know which ones? The Fallen Feathers....BTW my game is called "Fallen Feather"
and_remember_tomorrow_exploding_puzzle_logo.jpg

Made some new friends, and blew up a puzzle... Happens. :LZSwink:
A new RPG Maker music pack is coming out soon! Below is a demo of one of the compositions in the pack, Heroic Battle. More details coming soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawbies