RPG Maker Vx Ace. No sound from SE and BGS.

bluekoala202

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Im having an issue in my rpg maker vx ace where none of my SE and BGS work except for the audio ive imported. This is very frusterating because my game has no se and bgs. I have checked some of the SE that doesnt work and when I open it I dont hear anything so maybe theres an issue with my audio or something but that seems unlikely because other sounds work.

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do they work with third-party sound players? Tbh I really don't know in-depth what's wrong, but I dunno if it's the file or RM

bluekoala202

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Do they work with third-party sound players? Tbh I really don't know in-depth what's wrong, but I dunno if it's the file or RM
I could try. Do you know the folder where the default stock sounds that come with rpg maker are located? I could try opening them and see if they play. The other sounds I imported a long time ago (which I now stupidly deleted thinking that they would never work) didnt play when opening them with groove music player (the windows 10 audio player).

bluekoala202

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thinking back maybe about a week ago I installed a new music player which I think windows set to my default .ogg file opener. That probably has something to do with it. The player is ACG Player

Last edited:

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's inside the audio file of your RM game. Also, I dunno if that has anything to do with it, but I've had this issue a long time ago, sometimes it's the file, sometimes its RM derping out

bluekoala202

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's inside the audio file of your RM game. Also, I dunno if that has anything to do with it, but I've had this issue a long time ago, sometimes it's the file, sometimes its RM derping out
In my games audio folder I just see the stuff I imported not the stock sounds that come with rpg maker. Im not even sure if it is possible to access the audio that rpg maker comes with. When I try to export the sounds from the resource manager I cant hear anything so if I did happen to find the audio files it would probably just be the same.

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh oops, I got the wrong maker there ^-^; I don't remember how to access it atm, sowwie I'm no help ;w;

bluekoala202

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh oops, I got the wrong maker there ^-^; I don't remember how to access it atm, sowwie I'm no help ;w;
No problem man. Thank you for at least responding. Do you know of anywhere where you can find the stock RPG Maker sounds? I might just download them again and just import them.

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
My audio file was messed up I think, though I think it was custom music. I can't really remember the specifics, sowwie ^^;

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Why do you need to download the default sounds? unless you deleted them from the rpg maker installation folder they are still there.
Make a new game and try some sounds.

bluekoala202

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Why do you need to download the default sounds? unless you deleted them from the rpg maker installation folder they are still there.
Make a new game and try some sounds.
I tried making a new game but it still didnt work. I think it has something to do with .ogg files. As I said earlier that I installed some audio player which opened up .ogg files which I mistakenly made all .ogg files be opened with that program. I tried exporting one of my .ogg files and importing it into RPG Maker again and it still didn't work.

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Since you're talking about SE and BGS, have you checked with F1 during a playtest if the sound related checkboxes are all right?

bluekoala202

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Since you're talking about SE and BGS, have you checked with F1 during a playtest if the sound related checkboxes are all right?
yeah. its not just in playtests. even in the editor the sounds dont work

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Maybe you can reinstall RPG Maker, but I don't think it installs drivers. It uses its own internal player.
You can also try installing an OGG codec, it may overwrite the faulty one.

bluekoala202

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Maybe you can reinstall RPG Maker, but I don't think it installs drivers. It uses its own internal player.
You can also try installing an OGG codec, it may overwrite the faulty one.
Alright il try that.

bluekoala202

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I tried installing a new codec but it still didnt work. Im not even sure if this problem can be fixed. It seems pretty rare only one other person ive found online has had it.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
roll back your computer to a time before you installed the audio player.

bluekoala202

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
roll back your computer to a time before you installed the audio player.
Damn. The only points I can restore to are like yesterday and the day before. I'm sorry im being so difficult. I might just give up, maybe i'l contact RPG Maker technical support if that even exists but they will probably just tell me the same thing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Husband has roped me into playing one of his PSO2 characters. Productivity is now negative.
Tileset A is lava! Don't burn D:
as MZ come out what you guys think about.....Some particles engine :3c?
Who wants to sing this song with me?~

Decided to submit my games to the Monday Night Stream. Figured it might be a fun way to get some traction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavaWave