Status
Not open for further replies.

Preston

Nightowl79a
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Whenever my screen is scrolling my tiles are going all dark. This annoys me to no end. I have tried so many things to make it go away and can't seem to figure out the root of the problem. I've considered maybe its the tile-set, but I hope not, and if It is maybe there is a way to fix it? The tile-set I'm using is Celianna's tile-set found here:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/21-celiannas-tileset/

I've also considered it might be my screen, so I took Fraps video to capture the problem.

Youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G59HYS8Bm4w&feature=youtu.be

You see when I move the tiles change a bit, like the tiles are moving as well. The effects are a lot worse in the actual game than they are in the video.

pc specs(just in case)

nvidia gforce 670(ftw) all drivers up to date.

intel i7 3.4 ghz processor

16g ram.

Monitor is a zalialman with a 60hrtz refresh rate. 

Btw, this seems to happen with a lot of tiles, not just the one shown in the video, that was just the most visible example I could find.

It can't be any script I'm using because I tested this out in a new game with the same results.

I have extensively googled this problem, but because it's such a specific and small thing I cant find any relevant results.  

Maybe this is just normal, but it bugs me so much I had to ask if there was a way to prevent, work around, or fix it. 

Hope someone can help, and thanks! =D 

never Mind, after watching the video on my firends monitor, I figured out my monitor just sucks. plz delete post. 

Last edited by a moderator:

seita

Donn_M
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't see anything wrong with the video you posted. Do you also see the problem on the video? Have you tried watching the video on a different computer/monitor?

Preston

Nightowl79a
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Bla, Thanks for the idea, I went to my friends house and watched the vid over there, and yea I guess my Monitor just sucks . Should have done that before posting. 

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Time to invest in a new monitor.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Happy Friday, y'all! I just got home from work and am sitting down with a nice cider, and I'm ready to chill and enjoy myself. Not sure if I'm gonna dive into any of my game-related projects or not tonight.... we'll see how I feel after unwinding for a bit I guess!
Just found out that mint tea made from chocolate mint tastes a bit like hot cocoa with candy cane stirred in. As I'm allergic to chocolate this makes me very happy.
It's special day for me tomorrow so time to vanish for 24 hours lol.
So Deltarune Chapter 2 is supposed to release today... if it's out already, has anyone played it? And I can't because I have a stinking Mac and not a Windows PC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aels