RPG Maker VX Ace without Steam?

TimmyTheNerd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I purchased RPG Maker VX Ace on Steam when it was on sale around two years ago. Recently, my computer I was making my game on broke. Now I am utilizing my grandmother's computer. However, her computer doesn't have enough free diskspace for BOTH Steam and RPG Maker VX Ace. I was wondering if there is any way I can get VX Ace without Steam besides having to buy another copy of it.

Dungeonmind

Lvl 4000 Humanoid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Unfortunately there isn't. You can't run a Steam copy of ace without steam. I would highly suggest to get yourself a copy of ace that doesn't require steam anyways as steam is very controlling when it comes to using its software. I found this out the hard way after installing a second copy of ace through steam, steam would interrupt for an update every time I opened one of my old projects not even made with the steam version of ace and make me wait a few minutes before letting me into my own project. This is obviously a personal opinion but I wouldn't use game making programs through steam. Something about when your clicking your project, you want to see your project right away not have steam interrupt you with its needs when maybe your doing something in another project and trying to get into the other project right quick.

Maybe invest into Member+ and pay less for the software that way and you get the bonuses of Member+ for 3 months. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One option might be to put in an external space, like an USB-stick.

It would restrict functions and the programs would only work while the stick is connected, but you can get USB-sticks with a few GBs rather cheap compared to any other solution.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Julian Brooks wrote on Hudell's profile.
Hi, I'm trying to use the Orange Mapshot plugin on Mac, but it isn't working. Could you assist? I'm attempting to do Parallax Mapping. Thanks.
I can't believe my dlc flopped that hard. It's depressing. I'm a fricking failure at being a musician.
Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Azarae