RPG Maker VX Battle Background help please

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX' started by Haven Frost, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haven Frost

Haven Frost Mr.Frost Member

First Language:
    English
    Hi, I am new to battle back ground stuff, I have everything running smoothly so far for a game I am working on accept I don't like the preset back ground the start you off with. The blurred image with the swirling animation is to plain and simple to me. I was wondering if anyone could help me make it so I can add my own custom back ground images and if so how would I do it. Please and thank you for any help you are able to give me. I know how to use the script editor so if it has to be done there then I am all for it. I was hoping it would be something I would do in the script area.

2. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I don't have VX on this computer to check if it's the same as Ace, but I'm guessing it is - you can set the battle background on the Map settings. These you can access by right-clicking the map name in the list in the editor.

3. Haven Frost

First Language:
    English
    @mlogan

Sadly it isn't the same, I tried that from videos I seen on YouTube and I can't find the option in the map properties. But what I am doing is I have monsters walking around and when you walk to close they approach you and start a battle but I can't seem to get any scripts that will help me change the battle from the basic background to ones I drew up and scanned and added to a little battle_background folder.

4. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ahhh, sorry then. I'm not sure without being able to check it myself.

5. Oscar92player

Oscar92player Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    RMVX doesn't have the Battleback option by default. You need to use a script in order to use battle backgrounds. Check this page:

Atelier RGSS Moghunter VX Scripts

Download the sample projects, and look onto the Battleback XP and the Battleback EX scripts. With the first, you need to use a script call every time you want to change the Battleback. With the second one, you can assign different Battlebacks for every map inside the script (but be careful, because this script can use three layers to make animated battlebacks too; the first layer for static battlebacks, and the second and third for animated ones).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2016
  6. Haven Frost

First Language:
    English
    Ohhh ok, thank you @Oscar92player I am going to try that now and thank you @mlogan for trying to help.

7. Haven Frost

First Language:
    English
    One more question, how do I close this so no one else can comment on this post? >.> I literally just made this account today so I am new to it as well -.-

8. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You can't, only moderators/staff can. Which I will do for you. In the future, if a topic of yours is resolved, you can report to let us know so we'll close it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.