Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I was wondering what happened to all the blog tutorials. I had them bookmarked on my phone but they no longer work? Will they be coming back?

Thanks in advance. ^^;

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Site Feedback. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

According to this thread, the old blogs were taken down, and important articles have been/will be readded. It suggests to use wayback machine to access old blogs that you may still want.

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for answering and sorry about the wrong topic section. I wasn't really sure where to place it. ^^;

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Were there any in specific you think need to be brought back? I've been meaning to add some of the old ones back in but it's not a high priority task for me right now, would like to get a good list of what people think we need back.

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I kinda wanted to read the bank tutorial the other day. I'll just open my bookmarked pages on my phone...Let's see...

I had:

•Driftwoord Gaming: Mining Tutorial

•A list of RMVX Ace Tutorials
•Creating a Bank
• Tutorial: Anchor Teleport Spell
•Tutorial: Town Quick Travel
•Categories of Puzzles
•Mapping: Engage your brain
•Understanding Common Events
•Consistency-Keeping your game Smooth-
•Browbreating Auto-tiles: Shift Clicking
•Golden Week Tutorial: Timed Button Press
•Pictures and Common Events" The Worl-
•Tutorial: Simple Relationship System
•Of RegionIDS and Spike Traps (Challenge-

These all should stem from Rpg Maker Web blog. The " - " at the end means I cannot read the whole name on my phone and the page no longer exists so I can't write what it was. ^^;

But if I had to choose a few it would be Bank, Anchor Teleport Spell, Mapping Engage your Brain and maybe Categories of puzzles. I just liked having all these on hand to read, whether I was going to use them or not, sometimes I change my mind and decide I might use the tutorial after all.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
anchor teleport spell seems intresting (depends how it was made), like teleport to
the other side of the map or not, the categories of puzzles to see what's in there
and where need to improved or extend to their own needs.

so there are some nice one in that list =)

Sakurra

I want a brownie.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
anchor teleport spell seems intresting (depends how it was made), like teleport to
the other side of the map or not, the categories of puzzles to see what's in there
and where need to improved or extend to their own needs.

so there are some nice one in that list =)

If I remember Anchor teleport correctly, it was where the player could literally be teleported where they were last. Whatever the case, the tutorial was interesting to me.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Hey, I wrote that one.

Yeah, it actually has a bug in it. It works but if the player does a very specific thing it screws up. See if you can figure out how you can completely screw up everything if you don't add in an extra little bit to it :p.

If I brought this one back I'd probably rewrite it to fix the bug and change the images to MZ images to update it.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got a plugin for that for MV, memorize, and teleport to that spot,
but there is also one for MZ, which does that, use scriptcall to memorize and
use a skill to use it or item that is bound to a common event.

here is a demo of it (it has alt worlds to teleport) but you can leave that one out
if not use it though, even in the demo is a issue, so you need to set the event
correct when and where to use it or you will be basicly stuck, so you need to think
ahead when and where to use it, but the idea is the same, I got this one for MV though.

here is the link.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Honestly @ShadowDragon to me the main point of tutorials like that isn't what you are accomplishing, it is teaching people techniques. So yeah, there are ways to do it with plugins, but teaching people to do it with events helps them understand eventing better.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
specially if you want to use as low as possible plugins or something that cannot
handle events alone if to many parallels, than plugins make it smoothly runable.

but also how to use variables and switches, in a different way (like the one above)
to store MAP ID, rather than just add +1 for something to activate or store an entire
inventory to return back later if you cannot bring any weapons, story in a variable,
put back later when you exit the building.

there are many things I didn't think off, so I'm supprised how many things variables
can be used in many ways, it also give so many idea's to work out for mechanics =)

Quexp

Lifelong Learner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Touchfuzzy, Would you be willing/able to bring back the "Simple Relationship System" post? That caught my interest.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Do you like to practice level design? I do hahahaha! It's not from a specific game, it's just some tests...Fase 1.png
I really need a better indicator of where you can jump up and down though I feel... otherwise I like how this turned out for the first part of the first dungeon of the game.
@Shaz needs to make a website for his plugins. (it can be done easily for free with google sites.) I can't find a database of them anywhere!
Dion2.jpg

testing #2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaithFoyer