Not open for further replies.

SthVidya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi! Sorry for asking the same question in two categories, I'm not sure which one is the appropriate one for my issue. Feel free to delete whichever one is in the wrong category.
I actually just started this account, because I couldn't find a solution anywhere else, or even anyone with the same problem as me.
I've noticed a few weeks ago that most RPG Maker XP games I have now crash on startup: black screen for a few seconds while the game loads, as usual, and at the point where the game would normally start - the window just closes itself!
And it's so strange that some games are affected and others are not. I've never seen anything like it, and have no idea what's causing it. Did Windows Update mess something up again?
I've tried compatibility mode, changing the DPI scaling setting to "application", putting the "RGSS104E.dll" file in the game's folder - nothing works.
BTW, the affected games are all in English, so Japanese scripts are not the issue, either.
Please help!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Please do not post the same question in multiple places. I have already responded to the other one so I will close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I was listening to songs by Chuck E Cheese's voice actor (Jaret Reddick from Bowling for Soup) when the meds I was taking for my stomach virus apparently stopped working. I can't take my next dose until morning, but it's no use anyway. I'm officially sick again. Of course, I'll definitely take the next dose either way, but it's useless now.
New profile picture! This time, it's representative of my current project.
I suddenly feel like making a game for little kids: a pointless sandbox of cute animals, silly collectibles, and random mini games.
Anyone else just like, not bother to make games themed around specific holidays? I know I won't get them done in time for it to make sense.
time to enter the playtest dimension

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cycloxalis