Not open for further replies.

SthVidya

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hi! Sorry for asking the same question in two categories, I'm not sure which one is the appropriate one for my issue. Feel free to delete whichever one is in the wrong category.
I actually just started this account, because I couldn't find a solution anywhere else, or even anyone with the same problem as me.
I've noticed a few weeks ago that most RPG Maker XP games I have now crash on startup: black screen for a few seconds while the game loads, as usual, and at the point where the game would normally start - the window just closes itself!
And it's so strange that some games are affected and others are not. I've never seen anything like it, and have no idea what's causing it. Did Windows Update mess something up again?
I've tried compatibility mode, changing the DPI scaling setting to "application", putting the "RGSS104E.dll" file in the game's folder - nothing works.
BTW, the affected games are all in English, so Japanese scripts are not the issue, either.
Please help!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Please do not post the same question in multiple places. I have already responded to the other one so I will close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)
Just for the record you CAN use the "Exclude unused files" successfully to trim a project down seriously even if you're doing calls to various assets via plugins and such. BUT you need to do a full playtest of pretty much every option to ensure you did get every one of those other assets added in. Then I dumped the assets into a fresh copy of the project and yay it was like 400 Meg......
party time.png
If you've played Knight Shift Chapter 1 this image'll mean something to you. If not, that's also fine!
Here's a medical question for ya: Why do I start lightly coughing after I drink coffee?
Well, someone "reviewed" my game. Didn't credit me anywhere in the video and spent 2 minutes insulting it. Going to ignore that and move on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNTeon